Boardwalk Villas question

kimbe21

Mouseketeer
We are staying in a studio at the Boardwalk Villas in May. I have read that some of the studios have a day bed in addition to the queen bed and pull out sofa. Does anyone know which rooms have this additional bed? Is it something that needs to be requested at the time of reservation?
Is the room too crowded because of the bed? TIA

these are dedicated and pluses - we use to be able to reserve them - but DVC member can't for years.

this was before VGF the only studio to allow 5.

the day bed is not really a bed - more like a seat with a cushion on it.

We are staying in a studio at the Boardwalk Villas in May. I have read that some of the studios have a day bed in addition to the queen bed and pull out sofa. Does anyone know which rooms have this additional bed? Is it something that needs to be requested at the time of reservation?
Is the room too crowded because of the bed? TIA

The "daybed" is more like a small bench with about a crib sized thin mattress on it. It is located where the door would be if the studio connected to a one bedroom. A very small child might be able to sleep on it.

They used to call this a studio plus. And it cannot be requested.

You could request a dedicated studio. BWV has 97 dedicated studios and 149 lockoffs. Since lockoffs are used for 2 bedrooms, odds are at least 50/50 that you will get one.

I had one in November, I took a picture of the daybed/bench:

ry%3D400

You could request a dedicated studio. BWV has 97 dedicated studios and 149 lockoffs. Since lockoffs are used for 2 bedrooms, odds are at least 50/50 that you will get one.

I had one in November, I took a picture of the daybed/bench:

ry%3D400

Less than 50/50.

The benches are not in all the dedicated studios.

They do make a great spot for dropping the shopping bags!

When they redid the rooms a few years back they removed the daybeds from some of the deicated studios and thus requesting one does not mean you will get a daybed even if you get a dedicated studio.

Thanks for the info and the picture. It is more like a bench rather than a bed. Good to know.

I tend to put a suitcase on it! And as mentioned the shopping bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter