boat to MK on EMH Morning

What time can we catch the boat from Fort Wilderness to MK? The park opens for EMH at 8AM. Thanks.
30 minutes-ish prior to opening.

If you want to get there earlier you can take a boat to CR and walk the path to the MK. It starts at 6:45ish daily.

thank you! Should 30 minutes be enough time to get in and see the show in front of the castle?We are activating our FL resident tickets the day before

We have always taken the smaller boat to Contemporary and walked over. The show and Main St being open is new since we visited last. Our last stay they still held everyone outside for the show at the train station.

I've always used boat to the CR and walked to MK. The walk is maybe 10-15 minutes, very easy.

I couldn’t talk DH into the CR boat last time we were there ( he didn’t want any extra walking, but yet we stood an extra 1/2 hour so it didn’t help) the MK boat was running a little late and we ended up getting into the park 20 minutes after opening because bag check was so busy and the boat being late. Next trip we will be taking the CR boat!!!!

Ill second the you will make the park a bit after opening. We took it 3 times and we never got there at park opening. It still was good , as ling as you are not running to get on 7dmt. We found getting there just after opening was fine.

The MK boat will never get you there for rope drop. It starts 30 minutes before rope drop, it is a 13 minute ride plus time to load and unload. Then you have to go through security and entrance. By that time the place is packed with people it just doesn't work. You have to use the contemporary boat and walk. It really is not a magical situation. Disney needs to start the MK boat in time for people to get to see the castle show easily.

Red line shows the route if you take the early boat to CR. This walk is MAYBE 10 minutes, VERY easy as long as there are no mobility restrictions or weather problems.

map to MK.jpg

One of our days MK closed at 4:30 for a private event. The direct boat line was a mess, as was the whole area in front of MK since a bunch of it is under construction now.

DD was having a bit of a meltdown with the overcrowding, so I made the walk to CR to catch that boat back to FW.

We were first in line. Shortly after, a line of people were sent that way after being told the wait was 1-1.5 hours to catch a boat at MK.

That’s a long winded way of saying the CR-FW boat can be an option to get home too if lines are crazy in front of MK

One of our days MK closed at 4:30 for a private event. The direct boat line was a mess, as was the whole area in front of MK since a bunch of it is under construction now.

DD was having a bit of a meltdown with the overcrowding, so I made the walk to CR to catch that boat back to FW.

We were first in line. Shortly after, a line of people were sent that way after being told the wait was 1-1.5 hours to catch a boat at MK.

That’s a long winded way of saying the CR-FW boat can be an option to get home too if lines are crazy in front of MK

Good point

roger that.gif

The boats were hit or miss for me on the way back. Only waited a long time once, and that was because we arrived at the same time the electric water pagent was in front of the dock. They cant run the boats untill after the pagent runs through the canal. So , that would be a time i wouldent shoot for again.

Lol, i like it but only because it was one of the few things that amazed me when i was like 5 years old at disney. My daughter liked it at 8 but wasn't excited. Way back when ,1970s , it was something , now maybe not so much. But i still made time for it.

Speaking of the electric water pageant...am I the only one that thinks it’s awful??

WeLovePluto,

Because you are a new DIS member, I am going to assume that you are not a WDW historian so let me put a few facts out there for you. :teacher:

1. Fort Wilderness is not considered an ORIGINAL WDW resort (like the Poly and Contemp) because it opened a month or so after WDW (with those hotels) in Oct 1971. Workers had been pulled off work on the Fort (loops 100-600) to help get the MK finished.

2. The Electric Water Parade/Pageant started in late October of 1971 (for the three new WDW resorts) so it has been part of the Fort experience (in some form or another) since the Fort's Opening Day. It did get over to the Fort.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_Water_Pageant

3. Its musical style, which we today might find strange, was the inspiration for the Main Street Electrical Parade which started at DL in 1972. MSELP has been a main stay at DL and WDW for five decades (currently no longer running).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Street_Electrical_Parade

Thus it is a throwback, a link to the old days, a reminder of WHAT WAS. Remember this was originally the technology level that took Man to the Moon in the late 60s.

So take your kids to see it at least once a trip and tell them that they are seeing the show (with some minor changes) that started when WDW did. There is not much of that left anymore.

Bama Ed

PS - I'll wait here for your response....

PPS - criticizing ELP is like spitting on Walt's grave. It's more in the campy, cheesy HDDR style.

PPPS - since WDW took MSEP away in 2017, there has been no replacement. Thus another proof that Corporate is taking things away but charging more. I hate it when I'm proved right AGAIN. :headache:

PPPPS - for the "kids" who don't remember the days before electronic keyboards/music was widespread, cruise YouTube for some videos of "Michael Iceberg WDW" in the early 1980s at WDW in what is now Tomorrowland's Cosmic Rays. This was nearly a decade AFTER ELP. BTW those windows behind him faced the TeaCups if that helps. This was Space Shuttle technology....

P^5 - Michael Iceberg made it onto Johnny Carson in the early 80s. He had moved over to EPCOT by then.

And if I have to explain who Carson is, you folks are HOPELESS.........

P^6 - didn't mean to hijack this thread

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!