Boat to MK

mchand14

Earning My Ears
Good morning. With early entry to MK starting at 8:30am, what time do the boats start running at the Fort?

Usally its like 30 minutes before the park opens. You will get there early, but will not be 1st for rope drop.

Our experience on the last trip was that the boat got to the dock at 720am (or thereabouts) for an 8am early opening of the Turnstyles (830am EE, 9am official opening), loaded up, and took off for MK about 725am (pretty close to the half hour noted in the pic above). It got us to MK between 745 and 750am those days and we were not at the FRONT of the turnstyles but that was fine. They actually opened the turnstyles a few minutes early before 8am so we were in line when that happened. Then we walked down beside Cosmic Rays and waited for the 830am early entry. We weren't that far back.

But I was glad to get there on the first boat because the crowd behind us grew OUTA SIGHT while we waited 30+ minutes! :scared1:

There is also a bus from the Settlement Bus Depot (up by the new Tri Circle D Horse Barn) that runs non-stop in the mornings to the MK Bus Station and we took it too. It leaves about 730 or 735am and drops out about 745am (the idea seems to be that the bus/boat arrive at MK approximately at the same time).

YMMV.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I thought the bus was a little faster, but the problem is you dont really know when it comes. I am sure its on a scedual, but we left early one day and must have missed it by a minute. On other days it was faster then the boat. We always took the boat home. And like Ed, I was never at the front, but we weren't at the rear eaither. TBH, most times ended up right where Ed was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter