Boathouse, Brunch and Boondoggles - Oh My! Complete and it only took me 11 months!

4EB37B64-722A-45D6-9217-779E8F6F82C5.jpeg

How do you go wrong w s’mores?

34483888-18B5-4DE4-9DCC-293962FBC5C8.jpeg

Commercial cupcake that is cuter than it tastes.

A46DE684-F070-48C8-A675-51121332C494.jpeg
Close up

09704B1B-A8D4-475B-9182-512BF4DA8A9B.jpeg

PSA - the design on this one but not the other is paper on chocolate and it wasn’t tasty or edible. Weird and surprising actually.

CA34F6B1-8FB0-4857-965B-40F56BB1F735.jpeg

Close up.

All in all it was adorable and fun. You can’t eat $59 Worth of cupcakes but standing and watching Quasimodo swing in the bell tower as Tom Hulce sang Out There was fantastic and so many homages to so many favorite films. Just priceless. I mean, Toy Story on the castle??? Holy cow! It was also After Hours for DVC members so double reason to book. My husband raves about the show for days. The next day at DAK he was showing a woman pics on his phone. It was funny really. I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Thanks for that review!! I fell in love with the full version of the song "Happily Every After" and gave my DD 2 options of parties (she is doing the college program right now) and splurged for this party!! I know we won't be able to eat $60 worth of treats but the ability to have better access to these fireworks (my first time seeing them) seems more than worth it to me, especially after your review.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...ing-info-now-watching-for-5-28-dates.3604693/

So glad you found it helpful. Not sure if you have seen this but the first page of this thread has tons of helpful info and photos of the viewing area.

Now all that said, we did the Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party two years ago and the assortment of desserts was higher end and much nicer and it offered cocktails too but it was costlier too. This was much more a smaller assortment of commercial bakery non spectacular but passable desserts but it was nice to have a place to sit and then the reserved area. You can probably still find my old review - the title was “May the Fork Be With You” and it’s in this forum.

I hope you have as much of a wonderful time as I did. I was laughing as I reviewed some of the video clips I took this afternoon. You can hear me gasping and commenting and oohing and ahhing with delight. It was that much fun!

Also the Once Upon a Time projection show was just a bit later and we sat down under the yellow umbrellas by the Plaza Restaurant and had a perfect view. Not sure if that would always work but it did for us.

I don’t know why it tickled us so much but at one point Chip says something like “Mama, is magic real?” And the idea of a talking teacup son whos mother is a teapot who spews tea from her nose wondering if magic was real just struck my funny bone and we couldn’t stop laughing. Maybe we were too tired or are too sarcastic or it was just a had to be there moment but it made use laugh so hard. I hope you find many laughs and memories too!

The chip comment makes me giggle. I hadn't seen that other thread....thanks for leading me to it. My DD is not interested in Star Wars so I went with the couple of options I knew she would like....HEA and Fantasmic! After she picked (and I paid) I started reading up on both of the parties and figured out we are doing the better deal!!

I Just realized how many of these places I have planned for my April trip: 50s Prime time, Via Napoli, California Grille Brunch, HEA dessert party, Nomads lounge. Your reviews have me so excited for my trip!!

The chip comment makes me giggle. I hadn't seen that other thread....thanks for leading me to it. My DD is not interested in Star Wars so I went with the couple of options I knew she would like....HEA and Fantasmic! After she picked (and I paid) I started reading up on both of the parties and figured out we are doing the better deal!!

Glad you laughed too! It made our night. I must say that while the offerings at the party are nice and plentiful few were earthshaking but the view sure was and I hope you enjoy it and make some very special memories with your girl!

Thanks for the dessert party review. Doing this is April.... Cant wait!!

I hope you enjoy it! The view is spectacular and the projection and fireworks show is amazing! Thanks for following along!

Just found your report and am looking forward to your brunch review. But, in the meantime....Must. Have. Disney. Planning. Mug!

Thanks for following along! I must say the brunch was pretty wonderful!

And how cute is the mug? Y son got it for me for Christmas from teechip but I can’t find it on the website now - maybe it was a copyright issue? But there are several on Etsy that are similar! It speaks to us planners, doesnt it?

What an amazing view for HEA. So glad to hear you all enjoyed the party!

Thanks! I just got home Wednesday and had to go back to work and have barely had time to do the stinky Disney laundry and I’ve neglected my DisBoards but will get back on the review this week! It’s such a distraction to have to work and all lol

I Just realized how many of these places I have planned for my April trip: 50s Prime time, Via Napoli, California Grille Brunch, HEA dessert party, Nomads lounge. Your reviews have me so excited for my trip!!

Thanks and welcome! Hope that I can pass on some information that is helpful to you! We have gained so much insight from these boards!

I'm joining in! I've enjoyed your reviews!

You’re so kind! Thanks and welcome! Hope you find something helpful here!

Great reviews! Thank you!

Thanks for joining in! Hope you find something helpful here!

MICKEY SHAPED EATS!

My boys sent me a few pics from their phones of random snacks at MK, DHS and Epcot. I love that they wanted to be helpful so I present to you some not too rare but sweetly photographed snacks! Because we all know food tastes better when it’s Mickey shaped! It says so on the shirts!

9422BAC4-FB07-4313-AE48-678BBB3D7E62.jpeg

Beginning with this artistry in mustard from a Frontierland cart.

13848397-A060-4FF3-A5C1-00E193F2B651.jpeg

This doughy, salty, mustardy perfection will fix anything that ails you including high crowds and lack of fastpass availability. They were very proud of the mustard. These often were purchased when I needed a bathroom break and would rejoin them to find them with a pretzel. They made up for it by taking a pic of it.

And when your spirits are lagging we all know a Mickey Bar picks you right up you need to eat the ears first.

AD27C4B5-6111-42AC-B4EB-8D39FE9C01FC.jpeg 440A81C0-B504-4B45-876C-DCB28BA55B83.jpeg

A Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich from a cart is always a treat. Spirits were flagging one afternoon in Epcot. They are always a little too frozen for me and need to be left alone a few minutes to fast just right.

F75A6D2D-B406-41EE-8026-270C69AC4DFE.jpeg DE890641-AF9F-49F9-A7FD-BE055A86046C.jpeg

And because it’s too adorable for words - PORG! It’s not Mickey shaped but it’s darn cute!
5D29541D-3F6F-4A05-AE89-0F048D1F830F.jpeg This is a rice Krispy treat wrapped in a printed decorator chocolate. A little waxy and sweet. I like the Mickey ones better with the ears dipped in chocolate but this one and a few of his friends flew home with us and it did make the post trip doldrums easier to take.

And just because my DisBoard friends might be some of the rare ones who get it - how fun is this shot I got walking down Main Street?

I’m a Dapper Dawn!DC587009-2F8F-4A02-AAE5-5E2141718F94.jpeg

Last edited:
Satu’li Canteen

We did coffee in the room and noshed on leftover snacks for a quick breakfast and then headed to Animal Kingdom for our first view of Pandora. We had a Navi River fastpass but couldn’t get FoP and no one wanted to spend 3 hours in line but we did enjoy the feel of the new land and slipped into the Satu’li Canteen for a very early lunch at 10:45 or so.

A quick note on the shirts -I love the WDW Radio weekly podcast and the Disney walking tours and trivia books by Lou Mongella and had just listened to him do a live review of both the Nomad Lounge (visited later in this review) and Satu’li Canteen so we were showing some Lou love. He lets me sneak a bit of Disney into my week when I am at home and does lots of interesting interviews with historians and former CMs and Imagineers etc as well as current info. So we were representing.
C9BC1B9A-07F6-4609-BE52-85BEE924BAFC.jpeg

So I must say this was absolutely one of my favorite meals of the trip. I think of it a bit like Chipotle- pick a base, protein and sauce. But it’s more flavorful and not southwestern and seems healthier than Chipotle. It’s a really interesting counter service and really seems to reflect the trend of how people want to eat. It’s such a refreshing change.

And getting real plates is nice too. The mobile ordering through the My Disney Experience App is fantastic. So easy! It’s kind of a quick casual/counter service hybrid. Think the Be Our Guest nicer quick service concept but more edgy and modern.

I also was oddly fascinated by the description of the Cheeseburger Steamed Pods (I’d heard it described as tasting line “a blended McDonalds cheeseburger smashed in a bao bun”) so I grabbed ya a kids meal for us to sample. Btw, that description was pretty spot on and it was disgusting and comforting at the same time.

I chose the
Chopped Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl
Wood-Grilled Chicken Thighs marinated with Garlic and Olive Oil topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Boba Balls served with your choice of Base and Sauce.

I opted for the red and sweet potato hash base and the charred green onion vinaigrette.

2837A041-AF0D-4CA0-9201-BA07D8F40A4B.jpeg

It was moist and flavorful and delicious - the thighs are grilled to perfection and tasty and tender and the hash had just a bit of bite. The vinaigrette was bright and had a smoky undertone. And the boba balls are citrusy and a fun pop of bright flavor! It was one of the few meals this week that I finished and loved every single bite. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Jesse choose the
Chopped Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl
Wood-Grilled Chicken Thighs marinated with Garlic and Olive Oil topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Boba Balls with the mixed whole grains and rice and black bean vinaigrette. F29E3FAF-A316-4DA5-9EF7-6AB018D13177.jpeg
Jess, when asked, declared this “one of the best damn things I ate at Disney. In the top two with the Hanger Steak at California Grill brunch.” The chicken was well seasoned and the vinaigrette was tangy and rich at the same time. He is not a fan of boba balls so I found I had double the boba on my plate! Lucky me.

Dylan selected
Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu Bowl
Crispy Fried Tofu seasoned with Chili-Spice topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Boba Balls served with red and sweet potato hash and charred green onion vinaigrette.

ACE8798E-9049-4188-8220-724344A2CB43.jpeg
Dylan said it was fantastic and it hit the mark as he was craving something healthier and the tofu picked up the spicy chili flavor and the acidic vinaigrette balanced the heat nicely and then the citrus pop of the boba balls was a perfect shot of fresh and bright flavor. The potato hash is not mushy and holds its flavor and there is a smoky spice that balances with the natural sweetness of the sweet potato.

And we all shared the
Cheeseburger Steamed Pod
Steamed Cheeseburger Pod stuffed with Ground Beef, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle, and Cheddar Cheese served with Vegetable Chips and Grapes, and small Dasani® Bottled Water

4973C866-7964-431E-B0D6-D363D59AF12F.jpeg

Here is the outside. It comes with root veggie chips that taste like they came straight from a bag and masquerade as healthy. They are just ok.

The filling had distinct beef, mustard, ketchup and classic American cheese and pickle flavor. It literally tastes like a McDonalds burger that had been through s food processor and then stuffed and steamed in a bao bun. It will taste very familiar and will probably appeal to those who need a simple palate pleaser. It was weird and familiar at the same time. It wasn’t my favorite thing but I had an odd connection to it too.

I think the ratio to bun might be a little off too. See in the cross section photo how much starch there is to the amount of filling?

It’s probably a good option if the bowls are a little too “out there.” And I’ve fed picky kids (and adults)so I can appreciate that. But in all seriousness if the bowls are too out there you might be better off at Flame Tree BBQ. It’s better for quality familiar options and you know exactly what you are getting.

EADFFE33-2F98-44E9-BFBE-54ED82087551.jpeg
For dessert we shared the very artistic
Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse
Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse with Passion Fruit Curd
45F17E89-3189-42EB-859A-42940CA83D57.jpeg

If you look at this from above it is supposed to represent a Banshee eye. Do you see it? I liked the tartness I’d the passion fruit curd to balance the rich blueberry mousse. You need to get the purée and mouse and curd all in one bite for a perfect dessert bite. The little white meringue doesn’t add much to it and the square of decorative chocolate is just meh white chocolate. The mirror glaze is just beautiful though.

C3363588-C4BA-43FF-BB20-36B14ECEB6A6.jpeg

And because of my birthday button, we were greeted by a precious Belgian CM wish brilliant smile who seemed genuinely thrilled to give us this adorable cupcake. If fact, it took us a moment to get settled at our table and you could tell he saw the button and was stalking us and carrying that cupcake while waiting for us to sit down so he could deliver some Magic! It was very sweet and I was very grateful too.

DDB95808-297B-4CE9-900C-E85923181640.jpeg

It was cute as can be and in Satu’li fashion, that is a grape on top of the blue frosting. Healthy meets fun again.

We really really enjoyed this meal and the decor and atmosphere. Hope you will too!

Attachments

• 48F9D59F-B4A0-414D-AFA5-93EC40C29F83.jpeg
    48F9D59F-B4A0-414D-AFA5-93EC40C29F83.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My boys sent me a few pics from their phones of random snacks at MK, DHS and Epcot. I love that they wanted to be helpful so I present to you some not too rare but sweetly photographed snacks! Because we all know food tastes better when it’s Mickey shaped! It says so on the shirts!
Sweetly indeed!!!!!! You definitely have two keepers there!

5d29541d-3f6f-4a05-ae89-0f048d1f830f-jpeg.309732
This is a rice Krispy treat wrapped in a printed decorator chocolate. A little waxy and sweet. I like the Mickey ones better with the ears dipped in chocolate but this one and a few of his friends flew home with us and it did make the post trip doldrums easier to take.
Ok, I have nothing on this. Who is that character?

I’m a Dapper Dawn!
dc587009-2f8f-4a02-aae5-5e2141718f94-jpeg.309751
Oh you are perfect and love how your yellow coordinates with the boys. Just like Tony Orlando, I feel the Dapper Dans and Dawn catching on :-)

A quick note on the shirts -I love the WDW Radio weekly podcast and the Disney walking tours and trivia books by Lou Mongella and had just listened to him do a live review of both the Nomad Lounge (visited later in this review) and Satu’li Canteen so we were showing some Lou love. He lets me sneak a bit of Disney into my week when I am at home and does lots of interesting interviews with historians and former CMs and Imagineers etc as well as current info. So we were representing.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check this out. I listen to the DIS podcasts while I commute but am always looking for something new.

So I must say this was absolutely one of my favorite meals of the trip. I think of it a bit like Chipotle- pick a base, protein and sauce. But it’s more flavorful and not southwestern and seems healthier than Chipotle. It’s a really interesting counter service and really seems to reflect the trend of how people want to eat. It’s such a refreshing change.
Kicking myself that we havent' been able to try this yet. It looks and sounds amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!