Boating at WDW

sarah aka madmouse

Earning My Ears
HI,
I am off to WDW in May with my family.
Last time I was at the contemporary I aw a family deal on boat hire,it was something like $199 for unlimited boat use during your stay.I have 7 in my party,if I wanted to hire out say 5 watermice at once,would that be included in the cost or is it just 1 boat per party.Hope someone can help.
Sarah

Look for information on the "Captain's Plan" at this MouseSavers link:

http://www.mousesavers.com/entertainment.html#boating

MouseSavers says a max of 4 family members--but I have seen this listed as 5 family members elsewhere. Not sure which is correct. You can have all members of your party doing some activity at the same time (eg 4-5 Water Mice out at once), but this would obviously not accommodate your party of 7. I'd suggest calling ahead if you want to confirm the pricing for a party of your size.

I've heard this referred to as the best kept secret (biggest bargain) at WDW. With the somewhat exhorbitant hourly rates they charge, it's hard to argue with such a statement.

So if I'm staying at say the Boardwalk, do I have to get the plan there? Or would I be eligible to get the Captain's Plan at Bay Lake?

I take it that surrey bikes aren't included in the price?

Brenda

According to the info at MouseSavers, you can only get the Captain's Plan at your home resort. The $199 price is for 7 days of continuous use. Not sure how they handle it for you resort hoppers, but my suspicion would be that the payment is tied to your resort reservation. So, if you're only at a resort for 4 days, you only get the 4 days use for $199 even if you move to another WDW resort.

I believe that the actual equipment varies by resort, depending on what they have available. Don't hold me to this, but I thought another poster once indicated that his/her resort included bicycles in the "Captain's Plan" because it didn't have an extensive selection of watercraft.

Best thing to do would be to call your resort ahead of time and see if they can give you details specific their version of the plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter