Bob and the Taylorettes Return to the World: A March 2019 PTR *Update - 2/15*

LaurieLiz

Earning My Ears
Hey There! Howdy! Hey There! :wave2:

:welcome:

Welcome to my very first pre-trip/ trip report (brought to you in my favorite font - Times New Roman), so don’t hate me if I mess something up! My name is Lauren, and I will be your host for this fabulous planning adventure.

I would like to begin by telling you a story on how this trip came to be. It all started on a dark and stormy night… Wait that's not right. Let me start over! (Sorry, I'm super extra)

It all started when I had discovered the DisUnplugged podcast on YouTube (shout out to Pete and the Gang). I was watching all of this Disney content about Pandora and all the other new stuff that had happened at Disney and well I got even more obsessed than usual. I constantly was checking the wait times, going on DisBoards and listening to all my favorite ambient theme park music.The Disney bug bit me so badly that I knew I had to go immediately, so I did what any normal kid/young adult would do, I texted and asked my mom.
And well… SHE SAID YES! :banana:

For a bit of background information, when I was a kid me and my family took a vacation down from the snowy mountains (not really) of the north to Disney yearly. That unfortunately stopped once my sister and I reached high school and we haven't been back in a while :sad:

BUT... After a nine-year hiatus, my whole family and I are finally heading back to the World! Ahhhh! I could just sing! (Which I actually do… constantly)

We are planning on going March 2nd(ish) to March 10th(ish), as that is mine and my sister’s spring break! We've never been in March before and I'm super excited to see the flower and garden festival and embrace the spring break crowds.

If you stay tuned you'll get to experience:
The Fly or Drive debacle (how intriguing)
Our ADR choices (I love food)
Our hotel decision ( I suggested that we just sleep over night in Space Mountain. It's dark enough right?)
FastPass selection ( Is it too early to call one for Flight of Passage?)
AND SO MUCH MORE! :jumping3:

So I guess I should introduce the cast of characters that will be joining us on this trip. Here it goes!

First is me, Lauren!

akkKYJS.jpg

I couldn't really find anything Disney related, so here's a picture of me leaving for Italy! I am going to be 20 years old, currently going to the University of Michigan (Go Blue!), majoring in Biology, Health and Society, don’t know what I’m doing with the rest of my life yada, yada, yada…

Favorite Ride: Expedition Everest, Big Thunder Mountain, Soarin'
Favorite Princesses: Belle, Jasmine, Rapunzel
Favorite Park: Epcot (Although this may change to Animal Kingdom)
Favorite Character: Flynn Rider, Tinkerbell, Aladdin
Favorite Fab Five Character: Minnie Mouse
Favorite Disney Movie: Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin
Favorite Pixar Movie: The Incredibles, Up, Coco!!!!
Favorite Marvel Movie: The Avengers
Favorite Marvel Character: Spiderman
Favorite Star Wars Movie: Empire Strikes Back
Favorite Star Wars Character: Han Solo
Favorite Resort: Poly, AKL

Second is my lovely mother!

Rudc9zh.jpg

(She's the one who's not me)

Once again, nothing Disney related so, heres a plane picture! She is the main reason for my Disney obsession, as I am sure all of those trips during my childhood were from her doing. She is the best travel companion, super handy with airline and hotel points and always makes the best plans!

Favorite Ride: Haunted Mansion, Soarin'
Favorite Princesses: Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Character: Mushu
Favorite Fab Five Character: Mickey Mouse
Favorite Disney Movie: Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King
Favorite Pixar Movie: The Incredibles
Favorite Marvel Character: Captain America, Groot
Favorite Star Wars Movie: Return of the Jedi
Favorite Star Wars Character: Princess Leia, C3PO
Favorite Resort: Poly

Up next is my dad!

twr7vCe.jpg

(He's the uh Dad in this photo)

I am so excited he decided to come with us on our vacation as he hasn’t been since 2009… That is just a crime. He’s pretends not to be the biggest Disney fan, but I think he secretly likes it. He also really enjoys Star Wars and Marvel movies.

Favorite Ride: Soarin', Mickey's Phillharmagic
Favorite Princesses: Ariel
Favorite Character: Mufasa, Grumpy
Favorite Fab Five Character: Mickey Mouse
Favorite Disney Movie: The Lion King
Favorite Pixar Movie: The Incredibles, Toy Story 2
Favorite Marvel Character: Captain America, Black Widow
Favorite Star Wars Movie: A New Hope, Rogue One
Favorite Star Wars Character: Luke Skywalker
Favorite Resort: Grand Floridian, Beach Club

Finally we have my younger sister Maddie!

znGZKPZ.jpg

(She's the girl. Not the toy shark...)

Maddie, aka Queen Elsa, is 18, going to the same college as me in the fall (Go Blue!) and is just a big of Disney fan as the rest of us! She also really likes Star Wars and has a huge crush on Captain America.

Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Spaceship Earth
Favorite Princesses: Belle, Rapunzel, Anna
Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Character: Chip and Dale, Tinkerbell, Stitch
Favorite Fab Five Character: Pluto
Favorite Disney Movie: Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Meet the Robinsons (lol)
Favorite Pixar Movie: The Incredibles, Up
Favorite Marvel Movie: Captain America: Civil War
Favorite Marvel Character: Scarlet Witch
Favorite Star Wars Movie: Empire Strikes Back, The Force Awakens
Favorite Star Wars Character: Rey, R2D2, Han Solo, Poe Dameron
Favorite Resort: Port Orleans: Riverside, Grand Floridian

So yeah! That is my wacky family!

KHN0oxQ.jpg

That's all for now folks! We may add a couple characters here and there as time goes on, but this will be the main crew for our journey. I hope you tune in to our progress and watch as a couple of Disney oldies adjust to the new FastPass system (We’re mad about that), discover new lands and just have a grand old time! See ya real soon!:earsboy:

(I would also like to apologize for my excessive use of exclamation marks… Apparently that is the only way to express myself.):confused3

Last edited:
Can't We Just Sleep in the Car?

Hello everyone and welcome back to my PTR! If you haven't already guessed by the title, this section is all about everybody's favorite decision... WHERE WE'RE GOING TO STAY ON OUR TRIP!
:cool1:
Despite my insistence that we could just sleep in our car, my mom refuses to see the economical value in my decision. Oh well... I guess we'll just have to travel the old fashion way and find a hotel. *sigh* In all actuality, we're pretty much set on the type of hotel we want to stay at and as much as I want to stay in a Disney hotel, that's just not going to happen.

As of right now we have a couple choices. We could either:

Rent a Townhouse/Condo in Windsor Hills, a resort about 5-10 minutes off property. This place includes fun things like a pool, water slides, a movie theatre, fitness center, pool tables and many other fun activities. We actually stayed here around eight years ago and we had a great time! It's absolutely gorgeous! Here's a couple pictures just to give you an idea!
9TctL5e.jpg

(The Pool)

ZGfMhvE.jpg

(The Clubhouse)

The Pros:
Space (The rooms can sleep 8)
Cool Amenities (Pool, fitness room, game room)
Price (Pretty inexpensive, especially when compared to Disney Hotels)
The ability to cook and prepare our own meals

The Cons:
Not on property
Doesn't have the same "Disney" feel as some of the resorts
No 60 day FastPass window
No 180 + 10 ADR window

Or our other option is to look into renting a 2 bedroom condo at Bonnet Creek, which is a resort actually on Disney property near Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Springs. This also features an amazing pool complex as well as gives off that resort feel. We like this option because we would actually be on property and closer to the parks!

VGGqTO2.jpg

(A view from one of the rooms)

9zc8LI8.jpg

(The Pool and surrounding areas)

The Pros:
On Disney Property
Has a shuttle to the parks
Cool Amenities (Fitness room, pool, etc)
Views into Parks like Epcot and Hollywood Studios (Includes fireworks)
Kitchen (To cook meals)
Costs less to book an Uber

The Cons:
Less space (Only a two bedroom instead of three)
No 60 day FastPass window
No 180 + 10 ADR reservations
More expensive (By $100)

In addition to booking a room at one of these resorts, we were also considering booking a campsite for about two days at Fort Wilderness in order to get some extra perks such as magic bands, the 60 day FastPass window, 180+10 ADR reservations, and parking at the parks. That being said, I know there's some controversy on whether that is ethical or the right thing to do, so we haven't decided if we would be willing quite yet. On the other hand, we really wouldn't mind those extra perks.:rotfl2:

Overall, that is where we are in lodging at this moment in time. If you've stayed at either of those places advice, opinions and reviews are greatly appreciated!

That's all for now folks! See ya real soon! :earsboy:

Last edited:
Can't We Just Sleep in the Car - Part II

Welcome back everyone! 'Tis I, Lauren, your trusty host on this adventure back with another update!

:jumping1:

So we have gotten some pretty exciting news since I last updated! Drumroll Please!

X7Lbmq3.gif

(I love this gif)

We officially know where we are going to stay on our trip! :woohoo:

Alas, to my disappointment, we have not decided to spend our nights in the car, parked in the Disney Springs parking lot. That being said, after some much consideration, deliberation and of course contemplation, we have decided to rent a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom townhouse in Windsor Hills off of Airbnb! We really just fell in love with the vibe this resort brings when we stayed here a few years back, and you can't really beat getting a deluxe resort amenities for a value resort price!

CUE ROOM PICTURE MONTAGE!

aiYCOtR.jpg

KdtVpNo.jpg

iE0DhJu.jpg

BjEnjAq.jpg

IQ8zCiO.jpg

8kU8mYc.jpg

i4QlaAK.jpg

mF2kra9.jpg

RpSJsJU.jpg

We are so happy with our choice! Overall this specific property has some nice modern finishes that we really weren't seeing at some of the other offering inside Windsor Hills. Additionally, the "kids" bedroom featured above has an extra trundle bed that could come in handy if we decide to take additional guests on our vacation and a gaming system we can play on during our days off! And there are 3 bathrooms instead of two, which just makes sharing a whole lot easier! Also, the splash pool on the patio adds a nice touch that we just wouldn't get at other resorts, not to mention all the money we'll save preparing dinner in our recently updated kitchen.

This choice just seems to the be the best choice for our family and we are so excited to be staying her on our vacation!:hyper:

So that's all for now folks till the next update! See ya real soon!:earsboy:

Last edited:

Following along! Your family is adorable and I can't wait to see how all your plans unfold. I love the look of the condo and it seems perfect for a family and so, so spacious compared to the onsite rooms. I went to WDW with my best friend in college (which was a very, very, very, very long time ago)
tenor.gif

and it was the most fun trip ever!

Also, we practically have the same ticker so I think now we're best friends! ::yes::

Following along! Your family is adorable and I can't wait to see how all your plans unfold. I love the look of the condo and it seems perfect for a family and so, so spacious compared to the onsite rooms. I went to WDW with my best friend in college (which was a very, very, very, very long time ago)
tenor.gif

and it was the most fun trip ever!

Also, we practically have the same ticker so I think now we're best friends! ::yes::

Welcome! Thanks for joining!

I'm super excited for the space in the condo because my sister and I might be bringing friends along, so hopefully we'll have the best trip ever as well! I also appreciate the friends reference and now have so much respect for you. And I love the ticker, so I have to agree with you!

Following along :) my sister and I are going at the same time for her spring break!

You Might Just Have to Roll Me Out of the Park!

Hello everyone and welcome to a new update! Sorry I haven't been on in a while, I have been busy with a birthday (I'm officially not a teenager anymore!), a trip to cedar point, work etc.

Before we dive into the topic of today, I wanted to share something else, just as equally exciting.
So my sister and I were in Target yesterday shopping for dorm/apartment stuff and we passed the toy section and thought... "You know what would make our trip even better... A MASCOT!"

So we looked through the Tsum Tsum collection and after what seemed like years of searching, we finally found one that matched our tastes!

Allow me to introduce our mascot...
B7BO6q2.jpg

Isn't he just adorable! We also decided to get one of those mystery boxes too because there wasn't too many that we didn't like. Here were the options.

LkKqbLX.jpg

So basically the only one we really didn't want was Heimlich. No shade, but we really just didn't have a connection to his character. But of course we got...

JU2GKYY.jpg

Heimlich! :rotfl2:

I guess he's pretty cute and I'm sure he'll grow on me.
So these are our two mascots, and I'm super excited to bring them along with us!

VRkEfEd.jpg

But enough of that! Let's get on to regularly scheduled programming.

If you've read the title you might be able to guess what this update is all about... FOOD! Our ADR date is moments away (we can start booking on September 3rd) and I am so excited, but before then I wanted to share all our table service plans with all of you!

We are trying to get the following reservations:

'Ohana - This is always a must do for our family! We have been having dinner here every since I was a kid. All of the food is seriously delicious. We love the meat skewers, the bread and most importantly the bread pudding! We also love Hawaii (this was our most recent vacation), so the atmosphere brings us back to one of our favorite places. Overall, this has been one of the best meals on the trip and we are so excited to try it once again!

Be Our Guest (Lunch) - I know that the lunch options are nothing to write home about, but I need to see inside of this restaurant. preferably without paying absorbent amounts of money. Beauty and the Beast has always been my favorite Disney movie (I feel that I connect with Belle on a spiritual level) and the atmosphere of the restaurant alone if enough for me to eat there.

Beaches and Creme - I have always wanted to eat here! I think this will be more of a desert place after a day in Epcot or Hollywood Studios, but I have heard really great things and I am super excited to try it!

Tusker House (Lunch) - I feel that it's pretty important to do a character meal on every single trip and there's no better place than Tusker House. The price is reasonable for lunch when compared to other character buffet options and the food is better than most!

One other thing we might add is a reservation to a restaurant in Disney Springs, but the last time we were there it was Downtown Disney, so we're pretty clueless. :laughing: That being said, if you have any suggestions please let me know!

I think this is where we are at at this point in time. We aren't on the dining plan, so we will probably have less table service restaurants than most for monetary purposes, but that doesn't mean we won't have any! Also we might add some new one's at a later date so I'll keep you guys updated.

That's all for now until the next update! See ya real soon!:earsboy:

Just joining in. Can't wait to read your PTR...we also thought of staying at Windsor but ended up booking 2-2 bedrooms at Bonnett Creek. A little closer to the parks and DH1 is staying at the Beach Club...I also started a PTR if you want to jump over...love your style though..
It's my first a nd very basic...need to learn how to add table of contents ect to my report ..

Just joining in. Can't wait to read your PTR...we also thought of staying at Windsor but ended up booking 2-2 bedrooms at Bonnett Creek. A little closer to the parks and DH1 is staying at the Beach Club...I also started a PTR if you want to jump over...love your style though..
It's my first a nd very basic...need to learn how to add table of contents ect to my report ..

Thanks for joining in!

We looked into staying at Bonnet Creek, but just decided it wasn't right for our situation. I LOVE the Beach Club though. I stayed there when I was around 7/8 and I just thought the pool was awesome and it's super convenient to Epcot.

I hope you guys have such a fun time!:earsboy:

Joining in. Our dates overlap a bit: I'm going 2/25 to 3/6.

That being said, after some much consideration, deliberation and of course contemplation, we have decided to rent a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom townhouse in Windsor Hills off of Airbnb!

I think this is an excellent choice. If it weren't for kids in car seats, this is the route we'd be taking as well. We just didn't want the hassle and expense of renting a minivan and proceeding to battle with three car seat installations at the airport. Also, since we're staying on property, we're taking advantage of the cheap(er) rate for kids on the DDP and going all out on character meals for the girls.

Thanks for joining in!

I think this is an excellent choice. If it weren't for kids in car seats, this is the route we'd be taking as well. We just didn't want the hassle and expense of renting a minivan and proceeding to battle with three car seat installations at the airport.

:rotfl:I think that's the way to go! I think we are actually going to be driving down so we thankfully won't have to deal with the car rental process. If we did we would have definitely considered staying onsite!

So basically the only one we really didn't want was Heimlich. No shade, but we really just didn't have a connection to his character. But of course we got...

JU2GKYY.jpg

Heimlich! :rotfl2:

I guess he's pretty cute and I'm sure he'll grow on me.
So these are our two mascots, and I'm super excited to bring them along with us!

VRkEfEd.jpg

That's all for now until the next update! See ya real soon!:earsboy:

Awe!!! He is the perfect food mascot though haha!

We will be there the same week, staying in a popup camper at the Fort.

You Might Just Have to Roll Me Out of the Park - Part II

Hey All!

Wow! It has been a hot minute since I’ve been on here! I can't believe there's only THREE MONTHS until our vacation! The semester has been killing me so far. I have just been so busy with moving in, school work, exams ect. :sad2:

I'm currently on a teeny break so I am taking this fleeting moment of rest to give you guys an update on our trip!
:banana::banana::banana:
So since I last updated, we have officially made all of our Dining Reservations (like two months ago)!

CAEJypb.gif

To give you a bit of background, I made more reservations that I think we’re actually going to just we wanted the ability to be more flexible! We’re also not on the dining plan and don’t know if we’re exactly willing to spend all of the money.

Our Dining Schedule is as follows:

Monday March 4th
Be Our Guest (Lunch) – 2:20pm
‘Ohana (Dinner) – 8:50pm

For Monday, we will likely only go to one of these reservations. It just depends on if we want to stay for the Fireworks that night.

Tuesday March 5th
Tusker House (Breakfast) – 10:50am

Wednesday, March 6th
Sci-Fi Drive-In Theatre (Lunch) – 2:45pm
Beaches and Crème (Dinner) – 10:00pm

We might not go to the lunch reservation, but I just wanted to make it just in case!

Thursday, March 7th
None :(

Friday, March 8th
Be Our Guest (Lunch) – 1:50pm
‘Ohana (Dinner) – 9:35pm

Like I said for Monday, we are probably not going to go to both of these! Just the one that we didn’t go to on Monday!

And that’s the plan so far!

In other news, we’ve added some newbies to our cast of characters!

First up is my sister’s boyfriend Max!

GbKogZP.jpg

(I don't know what this picture is...My sister liked it lol)

This is his first trip to Disney World EVER. I’m very excited, as I love spreading the joy to Disney who don’t know about it yet! Because of that, he isn’t the biggest fan of the “classics”, but he loves Star Wars and Marvel!

Favorite Ride: N/A
Favorite Princesses: Mulan
Favorite Park: N/A
Favorite Character: Aladdin
Favorite Fab Five Character: Pluto
Favorite Pixar Movie: Finding Nemo
Favorite Star Wars Movie: Star Wars: A New Hope
Favorite Resort: N/A

The other person is my best friend Alyssa!

eHx8ZBK.jpg

(She's the person who's not me)

She is actually the person who has been to Disney the most recently out of all of us and has rode Flight of Passage (lucky girl). That being said, she doesn’t exactly have the same “passion” as my family, but just likes to have a great time!

Favorite Ride: Space Mountain
Favorite Princesses: Belle and Sleeping Beauty
Favorite Character: Mickey Mouse
Favorite Fab Five Character: See above
Favorite Pixar Movie: Toy Story
Favorite Marvel Movie: The Avengers​
Favorite Star Wars Movie: N/A (she doesn't like it :sad1:)
Favorite Resort: "I'm not sure because I have never stayed at one"

I think that's all for now folks! Hopefully, I can get another update out soon, but I might have to wait as school always comes first. See ya real soon! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!