Bob and the Taylorettes Return to the World: A March 2019 PTR *Update - 2/15*

The One with the Fastpass Planning

Hey Everyone!

:wave2:

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year ect...ect...

I hope everyone had a fantastic break and you got all that you asked for. Personally, I had a very exciting Christmas and got things like a paddle board and a Kitchen Aid mixer: both of which I am extremely excited to use. I also got a couple Disney items, which is always amazing. CUE THE PICTURE!

MaBYhR4.jpg

My mom got me these super cute earrings and my grandma got me a gift card to buy all sorts of things like Mickey ears and of course food at the Flower and Garden festival. :mickeybar

So there are officially almost two months until our vacation, so you know what that means: FASTPASS SELECTION TIME!

:banana::banana::banana:

You have to get up SO EARLY, especially because as a college student, I never get up early for anything. Apparently, Disney is my only exception. :rotfl:

Below is an accurate depiction of me getting up to make FPs.

:surfweb:

Nevertheless, my mom and I have had such a fun time over the last couple days of my winter break trying to decide which days we want to go where and which FastPasses we should pick and MDE didn't even give up trouble! We also had a planning party with everyone going on the trip to discuss our choices and some logistical things!

So without further ado, here’s our Fastpass schedule:

Saturday, March 2: Hollywood Studios

So we likely won’t be getting to Florida until later in the day on Saturday, so we thought it would be a good idea to just go to Hollywood Studios at night! We plan on going to see the Star Wars Fireworks and getting dinner. That being said we couldn’t go to HS without going on some of our favorite rides.

Fastpasses:

TSM - 5:25 PM - 6:25 PM
RnR - 6:25 PM - 7:25 PM
ToT - 7:25 PM - 8:00 PM

Unfortunately we weren’t able to get the really coveted ones, which was a common theme throughout (shhh… SPOILERS), but we really love these rides and it seems like a great way to start our vacation!

Sunday, March 3: Epcot

Of course the next park we have to go to would be Epcot. My family is a big Epcot family and even though it’s going through some renovations, we are super excited to visit again! Epcot is kind of a weird park to schedule fastpasses for because of it’s awful tiering. Like no one ever needs a fastpass for Living with the Land :rotfl:

But as much as I wish I could just make a fastpass for FEA, TT and Soarin’, we obviously had to choose one. So which one did we choose? Well…

Fastpasses:

SE - 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
TT - 10:40 AM - 11:40 AM
Mission: Space 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM

WHAT? No FEA?! Well, to be perfectly honest, we don’t really like Frozen that much and -- just a little tidbit -- whenever I look at MDE, TT ALWAYS has a longer wait than FEA and Soarin’. But don’t tell anyone! I don’t want that little fact becoming public knowledge.:lmao:

Monday, March 4: Magic Kingdom

Ahh... next is our visit to The Most Magical Place on Earth! It was actually super hard to pick the perfect fastpasses for this day because there are SOO many options. But! Did we get one for 7DMT?!?

Fastpasses:

Space Mountain - 10:05 AM - 11:05 AM
Splash Mountain - 11:35 AM - 12:35 PM
Peter Pan’s Flight - 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM

HAHA NOPE!

:rotfl2:

Believe me I tried, but the only ones left were at the end of the day, which does not work with my touring plans :laughing:. I guess we’ll just join the mob at rope drop! Other than that, I think that we’ll try to take it easy during this day and enjoy the ambiance of the park and see Happily Ever After for the FIRST TIME!

Tuesday, March 5: Animal Kingdom

It is time for some PANDORA! But the question is, did we get a fastpass for FoP? Well… DRUMROLL

X7Lbmq3.gif

(lol I love this gif)

Fastpasses:

Na’vi River Journey - 10:35 AM - 11:35 AM
Kilimanjaro Safaris - 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM
Expedition Everest - 12:45 PM - 1:45 PM

Well we tried, but no luck!

:confused3

We just plan on showing up to the park an hour early in order to be first in line!

Wednesday, March 6: Hollywood Studios

WooHoo! Back to HS! Now the question is did we get a Fastpass for SDD…

Fastpasses:

Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster - 9:40 AM - 10:40 AM
Toy Story Mania - 10:40 AM - 11:40 AM
Star Tours - 11:55 AM - 12:55 PM

Once again, nope! It’s becoming comical at this point. That being said, I don’t even know if we’re going to make it onto SDD. It’s just not that appealing to my family, as we’re kinda thrill seekers and don’t want to wait in a long line for a kiddie coaster. Would you guys recommend?

Thursday, March 7: Magic Kingdom

Back to MK! Our plan is to pretty much go on things that we weren’t able to the night before!

Fastpasses:

Big Thunder Mountain - 9:55 AM - 10:55 AM
Space Ranger Spin - 10:55 AM - 11:55 AM
Space Mountain - 11:55 AM - 12:55 PM

Once again no FP for 7DMT! I actually think we’re gonna skip on 7DMT on this day and head over to Frontierland instead. Once is good enough for our family!

Friday, March 8: Epcot

Where’s the best place to spend the last day of our vacation? Epcot of course! We’re planning on spending most of the time munching on snacks from F&G, but we had to make some FPs of course!

Fastpasses:

Spaceship Earth - 10:40 AM - 11:40 AM
Mission: Space - 11:40 AM- 12:40 PM
Frozen Ever After - 1:10 PM - 2:10 PM

Ahhh so we will be riding on FEA :woohoo:

We’re actually planning on getting to the park later in the day so we can enjoy some much needed beauty sleep

And that’s the whole trip folks! I hope you’ll be happy to know that while writing this I’ve been listening to the Magic Kingdom Entrance Audio loop!:music:

Let me know if you approve of my plans down below, or if I’ve made some massive mistake. :rotfl:

It seems like just yesterday I was begging my mom to take us and now we’re officially leaving in less than two months! Hopefully, I’ll be able to update again soon if my homework doesn’t swallow me, but until then, see ya real soon! :earsboy:

Last edited:
Saturday, March 2: Hollywood Studios

This is one of our HS days, too! Looks like we'll be having dinner and heading over to fantasmic by the time you're touring in the park.

Too bad about the high demand FPs. I was able to get SDMT on my 60+3, FoP on my +4, and SDD on +5. I'm surpised you had such tough luck, even on the days so late in your trip.

Hi Lauren, I'm a little late, but I'm here! You guys look like such a fun group, and I love your sense of humor!

Windsor Hills looks stunning-- it looks like you guys are going to have a lot of room!

Love, love, love the trip mascots!

You guys have some amazing ADRs planned out! My family loves 'Ohana, too.

I have those Mickey earrings, too!!

I'm really sorry to hear you guys didn't get the high demand FP+ choices you wanted! I definitely had trouble booking my family's Thanksgiving FP+ last year-- keep checking MDE periodically, sometimes people cancel as plans change!

Looking forward to reading more!!

This is one of our HS days, too! Looks like we'll be having dinner and heading over to fantasmic by the time you're touring in the park.

Too bad about the high demand FPs. I was able to get SDMT on my 60+3, FoP on my +4, and SDD on +5. I'm surpised you had such tough luck, even on the days so late in your trip.

Oh that's awesome! We might do Fantasmic, but honestly there's such a process to get a good viewing of the show.

The FP+ issues kinda do stink. Maybe it's because we have 6 people? Despite that I'm sure we're gonna have a great time!

Hi Lauren, I'm a little late, but I'm here! You guys look like such a fun group, and I love your sense of humor!

Windsor Hills looks stunning-- it looks like you guys are going to have a lot of room!

Love, love, love the trip mascots!

You guys have some amazing ADRs planned out! My family loves 'Ohana, too.

I have those Mickey earrings, too!!

I'm really sorry to hear you guys didn't get the high demand FP+ choices you wanted! I definitely had trouble booking my family's Thanksgiving FP+ last year-- keep checking MDE periodically, sometimes people cancel as plans change!

Looking forward to reading more!!
:welcome:
Thanks for joining! You're too sweet!

And believe me, whenever I have some down time in class, I pull out my phone and refresh for FoP FP+ :rotfl:Hopefully, it's not an indication of the crowds we're gonna have!

The Woman with the Plan

Hello all!
:wave:
Welcome back to another update. It’s literally -30 degrees right now, and school was canceled for the past two days! So, with ample time and in hopes of warming myself up I am thinking of Florida, Palm Trees and of course DISNEY!

DN4LaAW.gif

Since I began this trip report our dining reservations and FPs have changed constantly. Now that we have a rough idea of our plan, I thought I would share with you. In this post, I am going to cover the first half of the trip because it’s a lot of information and don’t want to overwhelm.

Friday, March 1st / Saturday, March 2nd : Travel Day and Hollywood Studios

So our trip begins the day before we arrive in Florida. Due to classes and such, we are going to start the long drive down at around 3:00 PM. I still don’t know if we are going to drive through the night or stop at a hotel, so we’ll either get there around 10:00 the next morning or around 3:00 in the afternoon.

After we arrive, we are probably going to drop off our things and get settled in. We are then planning of heading over to Hollywood Studios to upgrade one of our tickets and of course to ride some rides and to watch the Star Wars Fireworks!

FP+ Reservations:
TSM - 5:25 PM - 6:25 PM
RnR - 6:25 PM - 7:25 PM
ToT - 7:25 PM - 8:00 PM
Dining Reservations: None :sad1:

Sunday, March 3rd : Epcot

This day we are planning on going to EP and are going to focus our attention to the attractions in Future World! We have our morning pretty scheduled out by rope dropping Soarin’ then doing LwtL and finally, going through all of our FPs.

Afterwards, our afternoon is pretty open! We just have a reservation at Teppan Edo for dinner at 7:30 PM and plan on seeing Illuminations to end off the night. I’m thinking I’ll just keep on refreshing until something comes up and just kinda go with the flow!

FP+ Reservations:
SE - 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
TT - 10:40 AM - 11:40 AM
Mission: Space 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM

Dining Reservations:
Teppan Edo – 7:30 PM

Monday, March 4th : Magic Kingdom

Today we are planning on visiting MK! We are going to RD once again, and heading to 7DMT first, then going through all of our FPs. After our FPs, we have a lunch reservation at 2:20 for BoG.

The afternoon is pretty free. We will probably do some attractions with shorter waits and possibly visit some monorail resorts! We are also planning on staying until the end of the night and watching HEA for the first time!

FP+ Reservations:
Space Mountain - 10:05 AM - 11:05 AM
Splash Mountain - 11:35 AM - 12:35 PM
Peter Pan’s Flight - 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM

Dining Reservations:
BoG – 2:20 PM

Tuesday, March 5th : Animal Kingdom

Yay! Time to RD FoP! After FoP, we will go through the rest of our FPs and see where the day takes us. In the afternoon, we plan on possibly seeing some of the animal enclosures, watching FotLK and the other Dinoland attractions.

In the evening, I haven’t decided if we are going to see RoL. I’ve heard some mixed reviews and may want to get in line for FoP once again. We’ll just decide on the day of!

FP+ Reservations:
Na’vi River Journey - 10:35 AM - 11:35 AM
Kilimanjaro Safaris - 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM
Expedition Everest - 12:45 PM - 1:45 PM

Dining Reservations:
None :sad1:

I think that’s it for now! This trip is creeping up faster and faster and I'm getting so excited! I’ll see if I can get the rest of our plans out within the next couple weeks. So until then, see ya real soon!:earsboy:

Looks like fun! My vote is drive through the night, especially since you have enough drivers to take lots of turns, but I'm not the one who actually has to do it :-)

Teppan Edo – 7:30 PM

Have you looked at how they usually run on time to be seated, eat, etc? That might be cutting it close for a 9pm Illuminations...

Looks like fun! My vote is drive through the night, especially since you have enough drivers to take lots of turns, but I'm not the one who actually has to do it :-)

That's my thought too! I just have to get my parents on board!

Have you looked at how they usually run on time to be seated, eat, etc? That might be cutting it close for a 9pm Illuminations...

Thanks for pointing that out! I just looked it up and it seems to run 1 hour to 1.5 hours long, which could be fine for Illuminations. But now I'm slightly worried about it, so I moved our reservation to 3:30 PM during lunch!

The Woman with the Plan - Part II

Hello, hello, hello!

Welcome back to another update! AHHHH! I can’t believe we’ll be leaving in around 3 weeks! I’m SO excited but also annoyed at the huge amount of work I have to do before we leave. :rotfl:

I didn’t think this could happen, but my obsession has completely escalated to a new level. I keep on pursuing the boards for new information and my mom is currently making us shirts to wear to the parks. I even bought some clothes so I could Disney Bound for a day! I’ll probably do a whole update about all the things I plan on packing.

Until then though, I thought I would finish laying out our plans for the rest of our trip.

Wednesday, March 6th: Hollywood Studios

Back to Hollywood Studios! I’m pretty sure we are going to RD once again, but haven’t decided on the attraction we are heading to. We could follow the mass back into TSL and ride SDD, but honestly I don’t know if we are going to like it as much as we like some of the other rides, such as ToT or RnR. What do you guys think? Is there another time we could ride where the wait would be minimal? I also know that there are sometimes FP+ drops in the day. Has anyone experienced this?

Other than that decision, we plan on doing our FPs and then technically have a dining reservation at Sci-Fi at 2:45 PM but might cancel to save some money. We might do F! at the end of the night, just because we haven’t seen it in forever, but maybe not and go see TSL at night. I’ve heard it’s awesome!

Lastly we have a dining reservation at 10:00 PM at Beaches and Crème. I know it’s kinda late, but I think it would be really fun to end the day off with some ice cream!

FP+ Reservations:

Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster - 9:40 AM - 10:40 AM
Toy Story Mania - 10:40 AM - 11:40 AM
Star Tours - 11:55 AM - 12:55 PM

Dining Reservations:
Sci-Fi – 2:45 PM
Beaches and Crème – 10:00 PM

Thursday, March 7th: Magic Kingdom

We really wanted to end the trip off with a visit to MK, but there are Morning EMH on the last day of our trip and don’t want to get involved in that mess, so we decided to go on the 2nd to last day. :thumbsup2

We are also planning on doing RD, but instead of heading towards Fantasyland with the giant mass of people, we are going to Adventureland/Liberty Square. Our reasoning behind this is we would have already ridden 7DMT once in the trip and for us that’s more than enough.

After that, we plan on going through our FPs including heading over to Tomorrowland. Other than that we have no other plans for the park. Maybe I’ll get some cheeseburger egg rolls. :laughing:

After MK we have a reservation at 9:25 PM for ‘Ohana. We are either going to do it on this day or the last day. Personally, I’m leaning towards the last day because I think it would be a great way to end off the trip!

FP+ Reservations:

Big Thunder Mountain - 9:55 AM - 10:55 AM
Space Ranger Spin - 10:55 AM - 11:55 AM
Space Mountain - 11:55 AM - 12:55 PM

Dining Reservatios:
‘Ohana – 9:25 PM

Friday, March 8th: Epcot (LAST DAY)

Awe so this is our last day of the vacation. Is it weird that I’m already sad :rotfl2:.

So this day we are planning on sleeping in for a little bit and slowly meandering towards Epcot to check out some F&G. We of course have some FP+ reservations, but actually plan on taking it slow and just enjoying our final day at the parks!

Like I said above, we also have an ‘Ohana reservation for this day at 9:35 as well. I would prefer to do it this day, but would love opinions below!

FP+ Reservations:

Spaceship Earth - 10:40 AM - 11:40 AM
Mission: Space - 11:40 AM- 12:40 PM
Frozen Ever After - 1:10 PM - 2:10 PM

Dining Reservations:
‘Ohana – 9:35 PM

Saturday, March 9th: Departure Date :sad:

Unfortunately, this is the day we have to leave. I don't know when exactly that will happen, but we probably will stay the night at a hotel somewhere on the way back. I'm thinking that I'm going to try to convince my parents to see Captain Marvel in the morning at the AMC in Disney Springs before we leave. I think it would be so much fun seeing it literally in Disney World!

So that’s our vacation in a nutshell! Feel free to tear apart my plans and point out all of my mistakes. For one, I know that this vacation isn’t going to be very relaxing. We meant to have a break day somewhere in the middle of our trip, but then we got 7 day park passes and wanted to make the most of our time. It also doesn’t help that they added EMH for MK on the 8th. Disney why must you ruin all of my plans!
That being said, were all in a high energy phase in life and will probably be living off caffeine! See ya real soon!:earsboy:

EVERYTHING IS CHANGING

Hey everyone!

So just a quick little update to let you all know that EVERYTHING IS CHANGING! I honestly thought that we would be done making modifications to our plans, but it turns out I was incredibly naive, as over the last couple days we have changed/added multiple things.

First off, is something that were extremely excited for! From our introductions, you may remember that my mom, my sister and I haven’t been to WDW since 2015, my dad since 2010 and my sister’s boyfriend hasn’t been at all. Because of that of course we’ve missed out on many things, but one of those has been HEA. We really wanted to make our first viewing of the show something special so we have decided to do a Dessert Party!

:jumping1:

We are doing the before fireworks party on March 4th, with Plaza Garden Viewing. We are very excited to be taking advantage of the special viewing area and the desserts are just an extra perk!

Now the next change has actually thrown us through quite a loop over the past week. You may recall that we had rented a townhouse in Windsor Hills for the duration of the trip. Well, since payment was about to be due, my mother reached out to the owner to ask some general questions about the rental process, payments etc., but instead of getting answers she was told but the current owner that she had sold the condo. While she claimed that nothing would change with the currently scheduled rentals, she didn’t have the contact information of the new owners to confirm. :confused3

I don’t know about you, but I feel like that’s slightly suspicious. Likely everything would have been fine, but we just want to be put in a horrible situation if it didn’t work out. Because of that, we’ve actually canceled that reservation and reserved another house!

Our new place is not in Windsor Hills, but in Storey Lake, a new development around 15 minutes from Disney. It’s a 5 bedroom 4 bath home, which means we’ll have even more space! Not only that the owner has been extremely responsive, which puts us more at ease in that area. Here’s a couple pictures to give you a taste of the house.
WKbymjK.jpg

Y5eUXBr.jpg

IFTM4Nw.jpg

MLDLhXl.jpg

6CFHYhA.jpg

PuS6ImR.jpg

So that’s all for now! I’m going to start packing next weekend so stay tuned for some outfit pictures! See ya real soon!:earsboy: (Also two weeks from today till we leave!)

While she claimed that nothing would change with the currently scheduled rentals, she didn’t have the contact information of the new owners to confirm. :confused3

Yup, that would set my red flags off, too. The new place looks nice, though.

Exciting news about the dessert party! They look like tons of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter