Body glide

maxaroni

DIS Veteran
I have heard you can use deodorant as a substitute for Body Glide. Is this true? If so, do they work the same? Would you still get the Body Glide?

I have heard you can use deodorant as a substitute for Body Glide. Is this true? If so, do they work the same? Would you still get the Body Glide?
I would still get Body Glide. Body Glide keeps the two surfaces slick to each other. Deodorant often is drying, meaning that the two surfaces would rub more.

Don't know about substituting deodorant for the body glide. But the glide helped immensely ... no chafing.
We bring it along.
Good luck!

I didn't feel like it prevented chaffing when I used the Body Glide brand. It didn't go on smoothly or cover very well. But deodorant worked much better when we visited the parks in June.

Thanks. At least I heard correctly, however, mixed bag as to which is better. I was thinking it would be one less thing to purchase and pack.

I have tried a couple different kinds of deodorant as a substitute when I run, and I don't find any of them even remotely comparable to body glide.

:o Super-embarrassing question, but are we talking about the inside of your thighs at the top where they rub together when you're wearing a skirt? Not sure what body-glide is or how deodorant would help, but does it work for this issue? It's been super-hot this summer and wearing compression-type shorts under my dresses is killing me.

:o Super-embarrassing question, but are we talking about the inside of your thighs at the top where they rub together when you're wearing a skirt? Not sure what body-glide is or how deodorant would help, but does it work for this issue? It's been super-hot this summer and wearing compression-type shorts under my dresses is killing me.

You are correct. However, I have also read you can use it for your feet on spots that rub, to prevent blisters. Stick deodorant could be used to apply in those "sensitive" spots to prevent chafing. As you can see, the jury is still out if deodorant is as effective. It always seems as though we bring so much when traveling, was looking to see if we could do a 2 for 1.

Deodorant works for me. I always use it at Disney, on my inner thighs and on my feet in any spots where my sandals rub.

You are correct. However, I have also read you can use it for your feet on spots that rub, to prevent blisters. Stick deodorant could be used to apply in those "sensitive" spots to prevent chafing. As you can see, the jury is still out if deodorant is as effective. It always seems as though we bring so much when traveling, was looking to see if we could do a 2 for 1.
Thanks - I may try it tomorrow. Not sure why I've never heard of this before. :blush:

I have used both. I think body glide works better. But deodorant worked ok. I use Mitchum.

I'll be the weird one here.....I have a tube of burts bees regular chopstick that is for non-face areas......blisters, chafing, stopping blood from a paper cut or something like that

Body glide works well for me. I use it mainly in the bra area (under the girls), and sometimes on my feet if I wear sandals. I haven't used deodorant for this purpose, though I suppose it may work just as well.

I don't have a chafing issue like you're talking about but for feet I use lotion when wearing socks and that works great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter