Body glide

:o Super-embarrassing question, but are we talking about the inside of your thighs at the top where they rub together when you're wearing a skirt? Not sure what body-glide is or how deodorant would help, but does it work for this issue? It's been super-hot this summer and wearing compression-type shorts under my dresses is killing me.

Buy an anti-chafing product with dimethicone as the primary ingredient (there are many different brands). It is silky-smooth and dries almost instantly. You only need a pea-sized amount, so a tube lasts a long time.

I bought body glide for our first Disney trip many years ago (saw it recommended here). I put it on my feet (with croc flip flops) and didn't even make it to the bus stop before I had to go back to the room to wash it off because it was super sticky and irritating. I was very glad I hadn't tested it out on my thighs.

When I was in my teens I thought this night would end up just right and I sprayed deodorant in my man parts region, with in seconds I was screaming in pain

I have used Suave and Arm & Hammer solid deodorants for "personal" areas for YEARS. I have always been big busted and used to get VERY BAD rashes under my boobs. To the point that I had to get a prescription to heal the rash. I had heard of the deodorant trick and couldn't believe it but I was at my wits end so I tried it. Haven't turned back since. On the rare times that I've forgotten to put the deodorant under that area, I would end up with such a painful rash. Also, might be TMI but if it helps anyone else out, what the heck. I've also been overweight most of my life. I would also get these rashes in the area between the top of your thigh and bottom of your stomach (that crease right there). So I now use the deodorant EVERY TIME I GET OUT OF THE SHOWER on both of these places and I can go all day with no problem whatsoever. Whether it's day to day or on a long hot Disney vacation.

Lotrimin spray also helps...I used it this trip and had no problem. I did however get Disney Rash 2nd day in....wish there was a way to prevent that !

:o Super-embarrassing question, but are we talking about the inside of your thighs at the top where they rub together when you're wearing a skirt? Not sure what body-glide is or how deodorant would help, but does it work for this issue? It's been super-hot this summer and wearing compression-type shorts under my dresses is killing me.
I wasn't sure what it was used for either. Thanks for asking the question. :)

Lotrimin spray also helps...I used it this trip and had no problem. I did however get Disney Rash 2nd day in....wish there was a way to prevent that !
I thought Lotrimin was used for toe nail fungus?

Arm & Hammer makes an anti chafe stick too...BUT...

The absolute best IMO is the Monistat anti-chafe GEL. It's in a squeeze tube and goes on like a gel but dries to a powdery soft finish and is infallible. We love this stuff so much more than the sticks. You will find it near the feminine hygiene stuff in the drug store or Walmart.

I thought Lotrimin was used for toe nail fungus?
Not sure what that poster was using but Lotrimin brand does also make an anti-chafing gel.

The absolute best IMO is the Monistat anti-chafe GEL. It's in a squeeze tube and goes on like a gel but dries to a powdery soft finish and is infallible. We love this stuff so much more than the sticks. You will find it near the feminine hygiene stuff in the drug store or Walmart.

YES. This is the best. And what I was referring to when I mentioned products with dimethecone in them. It seems pricey, but you only use like a pea-sized amount so it lasts a long time.

The Lotrimin one is actually the exact same thing, but not in the "feminine" area of the store since I suppose most men wouldn't look there.

I was having "problems" in this area when I ride my bike, from the seams in my shorts rubbing. DH recommended plain vaseline, and it works well-inexpensive also! The problem I had the first couple days was that you have to use a goodly amount, not just a thin layer, like deodorant. But I was afraid it would leak through, and leave me with an embarrassing wet area on my shorts. But no, and now I ride in comfort. Saves me the cost of bike shorts.

When I was in my teens I thought this night would end up just right and I sprayed deodorant in my man parts region, with in seconds I was screaming in pain

This reminds me of the time that my friend had a groin pull from hockey and thought A5-35 would help. Nope, it sure didn't LMAO

I use Body Glide on my thighs whenever I wear shorts. I find it a bit tacky to the touch so it doesn't actually glide on in smooth motion. But so far it has worked well. I would think deodorant has the potential to leave white marks on shorts and maybe get icky as you start to sweat. Most deodorants will leave some white marks under my arms when I start to get warm, so I imagine my thighs would elicit the same thing.

Monistat makes an anti-chafing gel that is meant for prevention AND relief. It's been a while since I've used it, and I haven't used it since wearing shorts, but might be another option. I think it's near the feminine care stuff at the store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter