BOG hated breakfast now I’m converted

Hoopfamily

We're just 3 Caballeros trying to find our way.
When we first did the breakfast I wasn’t impressed. For the price I didn’t think it was worth it. I was not impressed with the food. BUT... we went back and I figured out price to make it worth it. I had Feast ala Gaston and the wife had croque Madame. So why is it a better deal now??? Duh. If you book as individual reservation instead of pairs each person gets their own pastry plate. Not that I suggest eating it all, but now you can each get what you like off the plate. And even though it’s a busy place, we were able to get morning of reservations. The food was good not great but we love it in their. So yeah that’s what’s up.

Good to know! I'm gonna spend 2 days in MK and 1 of them is all BoG booked (8 AM breakfast & 6:30ish PM dinner) so it's great to learn I won't be disappointed (first trip ever for me!)

That's an interesting hack to get more bang for your buck. But for me, I would need more than that to get me back because when we did breakfast there the pastries were not very good and mostly dry.

So booking two separate ADRs simply to get some extra mediocre pastries is the tipping point to go from hating BOG breakfast to enjoying it?

And not even to eat it all, but to maybe have two of one thing you want and let the rest of it go to waste.

Unreal.

Even then BOG is not worth $25 PP for breakfast. I've never had any desire to make a breakfast reservation there.

We had to split our party into two reservations, but sat at the same table. They refused to give us two platters, so just a heads up that two orders may not guarantee two pastries.

So booking two separate ADRs simply to get some extra mediocre pastries is the tipping point to go from hating BOG breakfast to enjoying it?

And not even to eat it all, but to maybe have two of one thing you want and let the rest of it go to waste.

Unreal.

Agree with all this. We were less than impressed with what were obviously not fresh baked pastries. Straight out of the package.

The ways in which people get pixie dust dumped on them is sometimes truly magical.

Agree with all this. We were less than impressed with what were obviously not fresh baked pastries. Straight out of the package.

The ways in which people get pixie dust dumped on them is sometimes truly magical.

The pastries used to be so nice! Remember when they were miniature versions of real bakery items? The last time we went the pastry plate was the grocery store version, and not the good stuff...the generic box in the discount section of the bread aisle.

This is one reason why I wish that when BOG opened and offered it's fixed cost meals, the restaurant stuck with that concept. I think that once they decided to treat it as any other CS meal, no minimum to get in, the management needed to find ways to reign in the expenses, and did so by cheapening the pastry. Im not going back, and I really enjoyed breakfast.

I don't eat eggs, bacon or sausage so I get the waffles off the allergy friendly menu. They bring out special allergy pastries (milk free) that are basically 3 large pieces of pound cake. They are REALLY good and not stale like the other pastries can be. I'm also just a huge lover of pound cake :rotfl:

Unreal.
Someone else mentioned this tactic on another thread and I had the same reaction. I can't believe the lengths people will go through to get something for "free".

Someone else mentioned this tactic on another thread and I had the same reaction. I can't believe the lengths people will go through to get something for "free".

Yep, plus the "Feast" at $25 is still about the same breakfast you'd get at a resort for about $10, minus the lousy pastries.

Still not seeing the perceived value.

I know Disney is expensive (and getting moreso every year), but I don't know why people choose to vacation there if they feel the need to play games in order to jack up their vacation "value". I include all sorts of things, like trying to take advantage of rider swap, using their minor children's DP meal credits to get "adult" beverages, and so forth, under this umbrella.

Last edited:
I know Disney is expensive (and getting moreso every year), but I don't know why people choose to vacation there if they feel the need to play games in order to jack up their vacation "value". I include all sorts of things, like trying to take advantage of rider swap, using their minor children's DP meal credits to get "adult" beverages, and so forth under this umbrella.

I agree.

Disney planning is enough work without having to add on the stress of trying to play these games.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter