BOG lunch now...braised pork gone...tiny portion...

Anything people do to save money the Disney machine will eliminate its that simple. Last June I got an ADR for dinner and was very happy. Over 2 hours it took to get food and afterwards we went to The Mara so I could feed everyone again. Everyone was still hungry

We encountered this change the other day. I knew it was coming but I had forgotten all about it. The new portion size is appropriate for one person (IMO) whereas the original portion size was way too much for one person. I don’t want a heaping plate of food, no matter what it costs. The high food prices at WDW are like a “Disney tax” to me. It is what it is. I’m not going to shovel it in just to “get my money’s worth” - so it will go to waste, and food waste drives me crazy. But, I thought the chicken was not as good as the pork. That was the real disappointment.

We encountered this change the other day. I knew it was coming but I had forgotten all about it. The new portion size is appropriate for one person (IMO) whereas the original portion size was way too much for one person. I don’t want a heaping plate of food, no matter what it costs. The high food prices at WDW are like a “Disney tax” to me. It is what it is. I’m not going to shovel it in just to “get my money’s worth” - so it will go to waste, and food waste drives me crazy. But, I thought the chicken was not as good as the pork. That was the real disappointment.

Well, given that I'm 6'4" and 220 lbs, and I'm assuming you're not, I don't think I was "shoveling it in to get my money's worth" on the old portions.

Just because you think the new portion size is appropriately sized for YOU doesn't mean it's right (or enough) for everyone.

Well, given that I'm 6'4" and 220 lbs, and I'm assuming you're not, I don't think I was "shoveling it in to get my money's worth" on the old portions.

Just because you think the new portion size is appropriately sized for YOU doesn't mean it's right (or enough) for everyone.
IMO means in my opinion so the same is for you, just because you think the new portion is too small doesn’t mean it’s too small for everyone..

So in her opinion the new one is enough and in your opinion it is not, in her opinion the old one it was too much and in yours it was right sized, another opinion is not wrong just because it isn’t the same as yours, it is just another opinion. Nobody is wrong. Or right

People are always looking for ways to get offended, I don’t know how they get through life

Ugh - it also looks like they got rid of the vegetable quiche and the quinoa salad and the potato leek soup, which leaves the white bean cassoulet as the only vegetarian option for my DD unless she wants to order the kids' macaroni and marinara.

That’s really disappointing. I worked hard to get this adr, The vegetarian options were a big draw as we have 3 in our group, The bean cassoulet was not something any of us were going to order and now everything else is gone. The draw for DH was the pork. I’m going to try and talk everyone into going to GF Cafe instead. Shouldn’t be too difficult.

That's disappointing to hear. First the original roast beef sandwich, now the pork. The list of what my family would like eat there is getting smaller with each menu change.

Ah, ha! I thought I had roast beef sandwich on a previous visit. On our recent visit, I convinced myself that it must have been the French Dip that I had before even though I don't think I've ever ordered a French Dip in my life. I have grown accustomed to not trusting my memory but it looks like it was correct after all. The roast beef sandwich was gooood; French Dip was just okay.

That’s really disappointing. I worked hard to get this adr, The vegetarian options were a big draw as we have 3 in our group, The bean cassoulet was not something any of us were going to order and now everything else is gone. The draw for DH was the pork. I’m going to try and talk everyone into going to GF Cafe instead. Shouldn’t be too difficult.

I called Disney Dining and asked about vegetarian options. The CM noted that we have a vegetarian and said there will be additional options at check in. She advised us not to preorder, which is a little scary :scared1: DD can always eat afterwards if she can't find anything she likes, but I don't understand why they would dramatically reduce the vegetarian options :sad2:

I have gotten the pork every time I have gone - now I have no idea what to order.

Ah, ha! I thought I had roast beef sandwich on a previous visit. On our recent visit, I convinced myself that it must have been the French Dip that I had before even though I don't think I've ever ordered a French Dip in my life. I have grown accustomed to not trusting my memory but it looks like it was correct after all. The roast beef sandwich was gooood; French Dip was just okay.
I really liked that roast beef sandwich! I could have sworn that the first time I had it had some kind of horseradish mayo/sauce, which was really good! That was either 2014 or 2015. After that it was a different mayo based sauce and then last year I saw the roast beef sandwich was replaced by the French dip. I've never tried it, though.

Portions are generally geared toward the average sized guest and that’s not you. No reason at all to be offended.

Portions are generally geared toward the average sized guest and that’s not you. No reason at all to be offended.

Who is offended?

I'm disappointed that the portion size is about half of what it was, but the price went up and an inferior piece of meat (chicken instead of pork) is now used. I liked the dish and pre-ordered it because it was good and a healthy portion...it is now just ok and the size of what used to be a kids' portion of the same dish.

If you're ok with that....party on.

IMO means in my opinion so the same is for you, just because you think the new portion is too small doesn’t mean it’s too small for everyone..

So in her opinion the new one is enough and in your opinion it is not, in her opinion the old one it was too much and in yours it was right sized, another opinion is not wrong just because it isn’t the same as yours, it is just another opinion. Nobody is wrong. Or right

People are always looking for ways to get offended, I don’t know how they get through life

Disbuckman doesn’t need anyone’s “IMO” to understand that walking away hungry from an $18.99 plus tax CS meal is not appropriate.

Also, if you thought the previous version was “heaping” and, “waste drives you crazy,” why did you not order the child’s sized portion? It was half the price.

Anyway, does anyone have a photo of this measly peasant dish? Perhaps us hearty eaters need to gather ‘round Gaston’s and petition for Stone Soup...

Last edited:
Disbuckman doesn’t need anyone’s “IMO” to understand that walking away hungry from an $18.99 plus tax CS meal is not appropriate.

Also, if you thought the previous version was “heaping” and, “waste drives you crazy,” why did you not order the child’s sized portion? It was half the price.

Anyway, does anyone have a photo of this measly peasant dish? Perhaps us hearty eaters need to gather ‘round Gaston’s and petition for Stone Soup...
Don’t know why you asked me because I did not order it but I am guessing other poster did not know what portion size was before going there the first time and was surprised by the quantity, expected a normal adult portion and got enough for 2?

Some people have a problem telling what an appropriate portion size is today.

I wonder if this is why there are a lot of openings at lunch in August. I was surprised to see that

I didn't think the braised pork was large enough to share as it was. It was good for one person.

Share? I agree - no way! We're small people and we each enjoyed every bite of our braised pork. It was satisfying, but nothing left to share. Guess if you snack enough between meals maybe then you wouldn't be as hungry. We don't tend to snack much and don't drink sugary drinks at all.

Guess we won't be going to BOG for lunch anymore as that and the French Onion Soup was our favorite meals there. The prices were getting higher & higher also.

@MKTokyo, order the child size portion if you feel the normal adult size is too much for you - saves you money and your feelings of being wasteful.

Last edited:
My DH is pretty upset about the change to the pork dish, but my DD wants to eat there. It's her #1 request, so we are keeping it. We will be there in 20-something days and plan to try the sandwiches, corn bisque, and new salad. I'll take a few pics and post for those wanting to see the portion sizes. Hopefully, the changes will be ok for us 🤞

That's disappointing. We are either going for breakfast or lunch on our Nov trip- dd insists on BOG every trip. I always ordered the pork and never split. Hopefully, they will do something to remedy this soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter