BOG only showing 1 time available for our whole week 9 am?

KangaFan

Hoping to someday be as patient as Kanga
I'm thinking its a glitch, but I checked all 8 days of our June trip this morning and the only breakfast time that was available was 9 am--not even 9:05 or 8:55. Did anyone else successfully book something before 9 today?

By the time the phone lines opened, we had decided to to EMM on Sunday instead, but just curious . . .

Yes, the reports are that PPO reservations seem to be gone. No one knows why.

So strange, maybe now that they let everyone in so early, their bookings for CP are down and they're trying to get those more $$$ ones booked first? Glad I was able to do EMM, I rope dropped 7DMT once and its not an experience I want to relive if I can help it. o_O

We have a PPO for late January, but don’t plan on hitting 7DMT after. We have a FP for that. Will probably hit PP. we actually want to eat breakfast there though lol

You can always check for a new ADR 2 days before
Guests cancel to get their deposit back.

I've heard they're stopping PPO breakfasts likely to discourage people from booking and just having a cupcake or a coffee so they can get in early.

PPO reservations for BOG disappeared late April/early May sometime. No one knows why. Disney has not commented on it.

I've heard they're stopping PPO breakfasts likely to discourage people from booking and just having a cupcake or a coffee so they can get in early.
If that's indeed the reason, I don't blame Disney for putting that to an end. Probably not worth it to open that restaurant early and seat guests who basically just want to get into the park early and buy the bare minimum. Watch them re-open BoG to PPO reservations, but with a mandatory minimum order or prix fixe breakfast. After all, those early morning magic tickets are expensive and Disney's selling a bunch of those, right?

Yes, the reports are that PPO reservations seem to be gone. No one knows why.
Interesting!! This may be the reason why I could not get an ADR before 9:00am. I even called the second I could and none were available for any of my days. What makes me a little suspicious is that is still says on Disney Web site that the restaurant opens at 8:00 but the park opens at 9:00.

Interesting!! This may be the reason why I could not get an ADR before 9:00am. I even called the second I could and none were available for any of my days. What makes me a little suspicious is that is still says on Disney Web site that the restaurant opens at 8:00 but the park opens at 9:00.
It’s possible they’re just all gone, but Disney’s website is frequently out of date.

You can always check for a new ADR 2 days before
Guests cancel to get their deposit back.
This is true, many locations open up a few days before. BUT, that isn't going to make a difference in this case.

It’s possible they’re just all gone, but Disney’s website is frequently out of date.
No, they aren't all gone. They have never been there, as others have said. They stopped offering ADR at 8:00 starting for bookings sometime in May.
The website may or may not be wrong, they can still add them later. But for right now, they've ever been offered.

People have been reporting that it would seem that dates past April are not allowing for PPO ADR's which in my opinion is a good thing because then people get all upset when their PPO ADR turns into a RD ADR.

No, they aren't all gone. They have never been there, as others have said. They stopped offering ADR at 8:00 starting for bookings sometime in May.
The website may or may not be wrong, they can still add them later. But for right now, they've ever been offered.

And that’s exactly what I told them originally, if you look at my first post. I was commenting specifically on the website still saying they open at 8 am.

If that's indeed the reason, I don't blame Disney for putting that to an end. Probably not worth it to open that restaurant early and seat guests who basically just want to get into the park early and buy the bare minimum. Watch them re-open BoG to PPO reservations, but with a mandatory minimum order or prix fixe breakfast. After all, those early morning magic tickets are expensive and Disney's selling a bunch of those, right?
My money's on moving to a prix fixe breakfast too.

My money's on moving to a prix fixe breakfast too.

The only problem with that is how do you make PPO a prix fix and starting at 9:00 (or opening time) switch it to a la carte? If they're going to make it a truly prix fix where everyone has to pay, why wouldn't they do it for the entire breakfast time? That just seems like a crazy day for BoG CMs: prix fix for one hour, a la carte breakfast for two hours, a la carte lunch, then a TS dinner.

The only problem with that is how do you make PPO a prix fix and starting at 9:00 (or opening time) switch it to a la carte? If they're going to make it a truly prix fix where everyone has to pay, why wouldn't they do it for the entire breakfast time? That just seems like a crazy day for BoG CMs: prix fix for one hour, a la carte breakfast for two hours, a la carte lunch, then a TS dinner.
This is why I don't think they will move to Prix Fixe. I think they'll just open with the park.

I think it would be more likely that All Breakfast reservations would become pre fix, regardless of what time it's for. I won't be surprised if they do indeed move in this direction.

I think it would be more likely that All Breakfast reservations would become pre fix, regardless of what time it's for. I won't be surprised if they do indeed move in this direction.

Some of us thought that's what it should be from day 1, and wondered why they didn't.

While this makes sense, the problem with making all breakfast a true prix fix is people are making ADRs for 9:00 and after right now, and they are making those ADRs with the idea that they can order whatever they want, share breakfasts, etc. It will be interesting to see what happens with all those if they announce a true prix fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts