BOG, Plaza, or Tony's for dinner?

pugbug

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to decide which MK restaurant for dinner. It'll be just two of us, and my DH will order steak no matter where we go. I've been to BOG for dinner before they redid the menu. I loved the ambience, but didn't like the food. I'm vegetarian, so I'm not sure if the new menu is worth the money for me. I haven't tried Tony's or the Plaza yet. At Tony's, I'd probably order the pizza--any reviews out there? Plaza seems to get the best reviews, but the menu isn't too exciting. Any opinions? Thanks!

If you're brave enough, you could try Tony's. The new chef is really trying apparently. Food is suppose to be a little better. But im still skeptical. I'll wait til the reviews are consistently somewhat positive before I go back. Having said that, I really do like the Plaza. The food is very tasty.

Did you see the new BOG menu? Since you havent been since the price fix, maybe you could give that a try? They do have a vegetarian pasta dish you can try for the main course. Youre right though....probably not worth the money. I've never been thou.

I would choose either The Plaza or Tony's. I just don't get the hype over BOG. We tried Tony's several years ago and had no complaints. I've also heard there is a new chef and reviews seem to be good.

Another vote for The Plaza or Tony's. BoG is on my girls never again list. I would vote for the Plaza but some friends tried Tony's a couple of months ago and really liked the place. We are actually thinking of trying Tony's again during our 2021 trip.

My husband and I just returned from our trip and we ate at both Tonys and the Plaza. The Plaza has always been a favorite, but they have had a major change in the menu . Our server told us this happened in the past 3 weeks. Gone is the tuna sandwich along with the ruben . cheesesteak and club sandwich. We both got the meatloaf and found it dry and tasteless. We tried Tony's after being away from it for years and were very happy with our meal. I had the chicken parm and it was a nicely breaded breast that was thick and very juicy. the sauce was very good and the pasta was cooked perfectly. My husband had the chicken Alfredo and he really enjoyed it. we will be back here in February, but will be skipping the Plaza!

Wow! what bizarro world thread is this? I never thought I'd read a thread with more votes for Tony's than BOG!! I was going to vote for BOG, hands down....but my information must be outdated. I haven't been to WDW for 3 months, LOL.

Any reason why Skipper Canteen isn't on your list? It is far and away better than the 3 restaurants you mentioned, IMO. The steak is good and there is a vegetarian dish or 2 on the menu, plus another dish or 2 that could easily be made vegetarian. We also really like the falafel appetizer as well. In our opinion, SC is the best TS in MK. Just some food for thought... so to speak.

Any reason why Skipper Canteen isn't on your list? It is far and away better than the 3 restaurants you mentioned, IMO. The steak is good and there is a vegetarian dish or 2 on the menu, plus another dish or 2 that could easily be made vegetarian. We also really like the falafel appetizer as well. In our opinion, SC is the best TS in MK. Just some food for thought... so to speak.
Skipper Canteen is awesome, I love their sangria!

Wow! what bizarro world thread is this? I never thought I'd read a thread with more votes for Tony's than BOG!! I was going to vote for BOG, hands down....but my information must be outdated. I haven't been to WDW for 3 months, LOL.
:lmao: I was thinking the same thing! very bizarre indeed. Honestly the food at Tony's was so bad, im really afraid to go back. I've never eaten such a poorly made dish in my life as I have at Tony's. No joke. I keep saying i will try it again (since i heard good things about the new chef), but still. im scared. :scared: I'd prefer to try it after it got a complete overhaul (turned the restaurant into something totally different). :teeth:

I've heard good things about Skippers. Im quite intrigued and will have to try this myself next trip. I also heard the staff are quite entertaining.

For a really nice meal, exit the park and dine at one of the monorail resorts. :earsboy:

Does the Plaza even take dinner reservations? I'm having a hard time finding any...and seconding guessing my dinner plans after reading this thread. Thanks for the up to date information!

Does the Plaza even take dinner reservations? I'm having a hard time finding any...and seconding guessing my dinner plans after reading this thread. Thanks for the up to date information!

They do, but the restaurant is small and I believe they also tend to leave a little room for walk-ups (I thought I read that somewhere), so there aren't many ADRs available to begin with. The Plaza is really just a step above most CS locations. The food is fine, nothing spectacular but not bad either.

I'd still go with SC. :rolleyes1:goodvibes

I am not a big fan of any of the restaurants inside the Magic Kingdom. If you're willing to leave the park for dinner you could pop over to one of the monorail resorts for a good meal. Love Ohana. I liked BOG before they changed the menu, haven't been back since. The plaza had good food when I went there for lunch. We are trying Skipper Canten the next time we go so can't give a review on it, but I've heard good things. I've only heard horrible things about Tony's I won't be trying that any time soon.

I agree that Skipper Canteen is a terrific choice. Definitely look into that. As far as the other three go, we had a great meal at BOG and would happily return. Tony's is not good, but may be somewhat better with the new chef. The Plaza is okay, but the menu is plain and the experience is not a memorable one.

You have got to try Skipper Canteen in Adventureland, the food and service far exceeds the three restaurants you have mentioned. We meant last year and can’t wait to o next year. Prawns were awesome and the waitress was so lovely and friendly!

I agree - Skipper Canteen definitely has the best vegetarian options in MK. They have steak too, so your hubs will be all set :)

Tony’s was the best meal of our trip last year. We have it booked again for this March. The ravioli is amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter