BOG PPO... how does it work??

Jaimet

Earning My Ears
We have a PPO BOG ADR (wow that’s a lot of acronyms), for late August. I’ve read varying reports of how to make the most of it. Our ADR is for 8:30. Are we able to get in earlier to eat? We definitely want to try and ride some of the main attractions that we won’t have fast passes for. Since we won’t know our fast passes until June I’m trying to figure out various scenarios. I’m assuming we will either try SDMT or space for our first ride (depending on fast passes) and will want to try and get a lot done in the first few hours of park opening. Any thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Edit: I understand park hours may change and it will negate any plan. I’m ok with that. My kids like the castle and this encourages us to get to the park early on day 1.

Yes if you get there by 730 or so they will let you in with all the other PPO breakfasts and tours. You can proceed right to BOG and check in and sit as soon as you get there. We did this in October and were out by 825 and lined up next to the wall to wait for 7 dwarves. We got one ride in before the rope drop Crowd and then got back in line with that crowd at our heels.

What the previous poster said. Remember to pre-order your meal. We were finished and out in the 7DMT line by 8:40 which was fine. We were maybe 40-50th in line so probably the 2nd or 3rd train.

The other attraction people will do is PPF. I don't think it helps you for Space. I'm pretty sure they don't let you go that far. As you arrive the area is roped off so you can really only go near things in Fantasyland. I assume it stays that way until RD.

If your ADR is on a day with MK EMM the park opening won't change, FYI, so that will remain a PPO. You also don't have to order a full meal - I just order coffee for myself, often my kids split a breakfast because none of us are very hungry at that hour.

What the previous poster said. Remember to pre-order your meal. We were finished and out in the 7DMT line by 8:40 which was fine. We were maybe 40-50th in line so probably the 2nd or 3rd train.

The other attraction people will do is PPF. I don't think it helps you for Space. I'm pretty sure they don't let you go that far. As you arrive the area is roped off so you can really only go near things in Fantasyland. I assume it stays that way until RD.

Oh ok. Makes sense. Thanks for that info.

The only ride that started running early for PPO guests when we did it was SDMT which started around 7:45-7:50. After one ride we went over to Peter Pan and they let us in line so we beat the rope drop crowd but they did not let anyone onto the ride until after official park opening. I don’t think you’ll have any advantage at Space Mountain.

If your ADR is on a day with MK EMM the park opening won't change, FYI, so that will remain a PPO. You also don't have to order a full meal - I just order coffee for myself, often my kids split a breakfast because none of us are very hungry at that hour.

If your reservation is on a morning with EMM will you be able to ride anything early or how does that work in regards to those days? Thanks

If your reservation is on a morning with EMM will you be able to ride anything early or how does that work in regards to those days? Thanks
It’s my understanding that you will not be allowed to ride early during the EMM time. You will, however, be allowed to line up and will be first in line ahead of the rope drop crowd after park opening.

It’s my understanding that you will not be allowed to ride early during the EMM time. You will, however, be allowed to line up and will be first in line ahead of the rope drop crowd after park opening.

That is correct! To clarify, the only rides we have ever tried to ride after a PPO ADR at BOG are SDMT and PP - for both, you line up outside the actual queue until a CM says you can enter the queue, which is usually a few minutes before park opening. You will be held in Fantasyland until park opening if you want to go on rides in any other land(s).

Keep in mind, park hours can change and make a ppo worthless for getting in a sdmt ride. Oops, I see you're already aware of that! lol It just happened in May to a lot of people.

I would not try to do Space Mountain first. I believe they have ropes that prevent you from getting there early and rope droppers from other directions can get there first.

When DH and I had a 8:25 ADR, we got there at 7:30. Let in at 7:45, got a few quick pics on Main Street. Checked in at 8 and seated immediately. We had pre-ordered. Finished and in line for 7DMT by 8:40. Let into the queue at 8:55 and we rode on the 2nd train. Directly to PPF after that. 10 minute wait. That was the first time we got to see the standby queue as we always had FPs before. Headed to BTMRR after that, standby was still at 10 minutes.

Agree if PPO ADR is on day with hard ticket event EMM you will not be allowed on any ride prior to opening- people paid for the event and it’s not fair to them to have others allowed to ride prior to event ending. We’ve done EMM twice in past two years and as stated the line PPO guests up off to the side and then let on right before rope drop crowd enters- EMM guests have bands and they do check them.

I would like to add that we did this last week. Got there early , preordered and were 3rd in line for the mine train. There were technical problems and it did not open until 9:00. So, keep in mind there are no guarantees .

So I thought it would be cool to be let in early for a ppo- we’ve never done one. I made ressies for 8:25 and figured me and DS would split a meal since we are not big breakfast people. Mainly we are doing the ppo for the experience of a ppo. It is an emm day so we won’t be able to ride anything prior to 9:00, and since we will be right there, I figured we should take advantage of mine train. If we did mine train at 9:00, how would lines be at btmrr and splash if we boogied over there right after mine train? My original plan was to start in Frontierland and Adventureland. Tia.

So I thought it would be cool to be let in early for a ppo- we’ve never done one. I made ressies for 8:25 and figured me and DS would split a meal since we are not big breakfast people. Mainly we are doing the ppo for the experience of a ppo. It is an emm day so we won’t be able to ride anything prior to 9:00, and since we will be right there, I figured we should take advantage of mine train. If we did mine train at 9:00, how would lines be at btmrr and splash if we boogied over there right after mine train? My original plan was to start in Frontierland and Adventureland. Tia.

Splash is often pretty easy in the first hour after park opening - the line is slow to build, people don’t want to get wet right away, etc.

BTMR is a relatively popular rope drop destination. In my opinion, the first hour experience is very dependent on if both sides are running or not. The last few times I’ve done it at/around rope drop, only one side was running and that seemed to create a kind of annoyingly long line. Still better than mid day, but not short either (I’m talking 20-25 mins). But I’ve had other times with both sides running and pretty quick lines, so I’d be prepared for anything. YMMV!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter