BOG What's the secret?

Dawnita71

Earning My Ears
I am curious what is the secret to getting an ADR for BOG? I have a large family 7 of us in total. I have tried for the last 2 trips to get an ADR for any meal at BOG I have yet to succeed. I called/stalked online trying to get an ADR every single day 180 days before our trip. Should I use one of those reservations finders? Should I be online on the 180 day mark at midnight to try to get? We just want to try the grey stuff.

Use the reservation finder at touringplans.com Try for 8 instead of 7. If breakfast or lunch try to get reservations for 3 and 4 people not 7.

Isn't the grey stuff just colored icing? And can you get it at breakfast.

I second using TP They’ve found me BOG reservations for everyday I’ve wanted.
I’m pretty sure the grey stuff is cookies and cream mousse. And it’s delicious!

Last edited:
ADRs open at 6am Eastern, not midnight, just FYI. I've had good luck getting ADRs right when they open at 180 days. Are you onsite? It's easier to get days later in your trip with the 180+10.

Touringplans has also worked well for me within the 180 days.

The recommendation to try 8 instead of 7 is also a good one. There's no penalty for showing up with fewer people than the ADR is for and even numbers seem to be easier to get.

For lunch or breakfast try splitting into smaller groups and getting close times. You seat yourself for those meals so you can still sit together. This can be a little tricky if you're only using one MDE account, though, as it won't let you make multiple ADRs at overlapping times.

I was able to get two PPO ADRs through a combination of the above - and the one that is * out is M O U S E dining. I also used the cancellation thread under the dining forum for my month. I would snag a reservation - even for a party of one and then book whatever else I could find at a nearby time under my husband's MDX account - I was slowly able to walk them towards each other with the right party amount and overlapping times.

Also - if all else fails, try right up until the day of - sometimes people drop at the last minute. I am considering dropping my first PPO ADR for BOG as we may do EMM instead. I won't know until the day before our ADR. Good luck!

If staying on sight try for something way later in your trip, but it is a good idea to be on right at 6am at the start of 180 days to get this. Dinner used to be very difficult to get into, but I think with the new set price it's slightly easier. It's good advice to search for even number instead of odd. Unless on the dining plan breakfast is really expensive. Lunch is a great value I've always enjoyed. The way lunch works is you seat yourself so if you have a couple reservations close in time to each other you can all sit together after getting inside, but the Beast is only at dinner.

I was able to get two PPO ADRs through a combination of the above - and the one that is * out is M O U S E dining. I also used the cancellation thread under the dining forum for my month. I would snag a reservation - even for a party of one and then book whatever else I could find at a nearby time under my husband's MDX account - I was slowly able to walk them towards each other with the right party amount and overlapping times.

Also - if all else fails, try right up until the day of - sometimes people drop at the last minute. I am considering dropping my first PPO ADR for BOG as we may do EMM instead. I won't know until the day before our ADR. Good luck!
Yes, thank you! I don't post much to this forum, so I am not 100% sure of what the rules are when referring to third party sites. That's the one and I have had great luck in securing reservations through them. They allow you to set 6 reservation finders at a time. I use TP as a back up too, but it's nice to be able to organize 6 on one site.

No secret at all.
I've gotten a lunch ADR for 14 at 180 days when staying offsite.
I was just looking for a friend for Easter week who has a party of 9 and there was availability.
I've booked for 2 with less than 30 days.
BOG lunch is not even one I have to stalk for.
I don't use the reservation finders when I can't get something.
Instead i hop on like once an hour to check.

Last edited:
I was able to get a breakfast reservation for 8 of us last week just 5 days before using the Touring Plans reservation finder. I have it send the information as a text so that I'll see it right away.

I was doing the same thing before our trip in September. I kept searching and searching and never found a breakfast or lunch reservation at BOG. Two weeks before we left I mentioned it to my husband and less than five minutes later he’d had a breakfast reservation for 4 pop up and booked it. Then he looked at me and asked what the big deal was? :rolleyes: Sometimes I think it’s pure luck.

No secret at all.
I've gotten a lunch ADR for 14 at 190 days when staying offsite.
I was just looking for a friend for Easter week who has a party of 9 and there was availability.
I've booked for 2 with less than 30 days.
BOG lunch is not even one I have to stalk for.
I don't use the reservation finders when I can't get something.
Instead i hop on like once an hour to check.

So what's your secret?

I am also working to book a PPO for BOG party of 6 for a last minute trip. I was able to snag one arrival day, using a reservation finder. However since I am unsure if we will make it in time (planning to drive overnight), I have started to get creative by booking smaller parties (even of 1) and while still looking for a single reservation. As PP mentioned, I was unable to do this via MDE as it prompts to cancel, however calling in has always been successful.

So far we've been able to get BOG dinner for the last 3 trips- twice with a party of 11.
We usually have 2 computers going right when reservations open for our 180 +10 mark- which is this upcoming Monday for our next trip (hoping my luck continues) We always get dinner ADRs for the last night of our trip- which I think helps too- trying for a later day in your trip.
However, I was looking around 10am this morning at ADRs for the 180 day mark from today and saw a couple of openings for dinner for party of 5 (what we will have this trip).
Keep trying- hoping you get it this trip!!!

So far we've been able to get BOG dinner for the last 3 trips- twice with a party of 11.
We usually have 2 computers going right when reservations open for our 180 +10 mark- which is this upcoming Monday for our next trip (hoping my luck continues) We always get dinner ADRs for the last night of our trip- which I think helps too- trying for a later day in your trip.
However, I was looking around 10am this morning at ADRs for the 180 day mark from today and saw a couple of openings for dinner for party of 5 (what we will have this trip).
Keep trying- hoping you get it this trip!!!
Just want to make sure you know BOG dinner is now a prix fixe and about $60 PP and I believe 2 TS credits.

I've never had a problem getting a ressie there. I always do 180 days out and have done 3 people, 2 people an 7 people. Lunch and dinner.
Have ADRs on this next trip for both lunch and dinner.

Just want to make sure you know BOG dinner is now a prix fixe and about $60 PP and I believe 2 TS credits.

Yes- I knew the price was now set at $60 pp. We don't use the dining plan. By the time my party of four has eaten there- that's about what we paid in the past. I need to look up more information though- menu and does it include dessert and all that.
But it is my family's favorite place to eat- that and the castle- the atmosphere and food at BOG dinner can not be beat IMO. Maybe it's because we eat there for our last dinner of the trip and we're tired and starving by that time- lol
It's always the perfect ending to our trip. Thanks of the heads up- looking up more info on how the pre priced meals work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter