BOG What's the secret?

Yes- I knew the price was now set at $60 pp. We don't use the dining plan. By the time my party of four has eaten there- that's about what we paid in the past. I need to look up more information though- menu and does it include dessert and all that.
But it is my family's favorite place to eat- that and the castle- the atmosphere and food at BOG dinner can not be beat IMO. Maybe it's because we eat there for our last dinner of the trip and we're tired and starving by that time- lol
It's always the perfect ending to our trip. Thanks of the heads up- looking up more info on how the pre priced meals work.

The prix fixe meal includes appetizer, entree, and dessert. There is no choice of dessert, though, it's the same sampler for everyone (slightly modified for kids).

Im convinced those that have gotten an ADR at BOG hired special disney hackers. Cause lord knows i've tried and tried (and even during DURING my trip and the day of) yet i have never been able to get an ADR. :( :sad:

Im convinced those that have gotten an ADR at BOG hired special disney hackers. Cause lord knows i've tried and tried (and even during DURING my trip and the day of) yet i have never been able to get an ADR. :( :sad:

Our last trip- we checked in and were waiting to be seated and a family of 4 walked up without a reservation and asked the CM if there was any way they could get in for dinner. The cm told them if they would hang around and wait- they should be seated within an hour. Now- if you're willing to wait that long that's fine- but sometimes it takes a while to be seated after check in even with a reservation.
Always worth a shot anyway.

PS- I wish there were special Disney hackers that could help with things like this- but don't give them any ideas- we'd all be paying more to try to get this kind of thing! lol

looking up more info on how the pre priced meals work.
You pick one appetizer, one entrée, one drink. You get a dessert sampler with all three items.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=615
Dinner Menu (Updated: 10/18)
Appetizers/Starter

• Appetizers (choose one (1) from the following) - Choice of Escargot (Herb-Garlic Butter and Toasted Gremolata), Charred Octopus (Citrus-laced Fingerling Potatoes, Pickled Hearts of Palm, and Red Pepper Coulis served Cold), Mixed Field Greens (Sunflower Seed Brittle, Heirloom Tomatoes, House Farm Cheese with a Citrus Vinaigrette), Maine Lobster Bisque (Crème Fraîche and Poached Lobster), French Onion Soup (Toasted Crouton, Gruyère, and Provolone), or Assorted Meats and Artisanal Cheese Selection
Entree/Main Course

• Entrées (Choose one (1) Entrée) - Center-cut Filet Mignon (Robuchon Yukon Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and Cipollini Marmalade with a Red Wine Glaze), Smoked Ricotta and Corn Tortellini (Roasted Corn and Peppadew Relish, Rainbow Cauliflower, and Asparagus with a Corn-infused Nage), Spice-dusted Lamb Chops (Roasted Salsify, Baby Zucchini, Charred Tomatoes, and Royal Trumpet Mushrooms with a Lamb Demi), Poulet Rouge Chicken ( Faro Wheat Risotto, Seasonal Vegetables, Crisp Pancetta, and Garlic Butter Sauce) , Saffron-infused Seafood Bouillabaisse ( Seasonal Fish, Maine Lobster, Shrimp, Confit Potatoes, and Baby Fennel),or Roasted Pork Tenderloin (Crispy Berkshire Pork Belly, Caramelized Cipollini, Roasted Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower Purée, and sprinkled with Bacon Dust)
Dessert

• Dessert Trio - Almond Macaron (with Lemon Jam and Raspberries), Dark Chocolate Truffle (filled with Dark Chocolate Grand Mariner Ganache), or White Chocolate "Chip" Cup (with Grey Stuff and Crisp Pearls)
Drinks

• Beers - Stella Artois, Stella Artois Cidre, Kronenbourg 1664, Kronenbourg Blanc, Hoegaarden Wit, Saison Dupont, Chimay Blue
    Odwalla® All-Natural Fruit Punch - sweetened with Organic Cane Juice and Wildberry Extract, served in an Enchanted Light Up Souvenir Cup - $19.00
    Sparkling and Wine - Charles de Fère, Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut Yellow Label, Banfi Rosa Regale Brachetto, Terra d'Oro Moscato, Helfrich Pinot Gris, Pierre Sparr Riesling, Michel Redde Sancerre, Conundrum, Flora Springs Chardonnay, Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais- Villages, Joseph Drouhin Laforet Pinot Noir, Cline Cashmere Grenache Blend, Freemark Abbey Merlot, Cadaretta Syrah, Simi Cabernet Sauvignon, Lasseter Family Winery Paysage

You pick one appetizer, one entrée, one drink. You get a dessert sampler with all three items.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=615
Dinner Menu (Updated: 10/18)
Appetizers/Starter

• Appetizers (choose one (1) from the following) - Choice of Escargot (Herb-Garlic Butter and Toasted Gremolata), Charred Octopus (Citrus-laced Fingerling Potatoes, Pickled Hearts of Palm, and Red Pepper Coulis served Cold), Mixed Field Greens (Sunflower Seed Brittle, Heirloom Tomatoes, House Farm Cheese with a Citrus Vinaigrette), Maine Lobster Bisque (Crème Fraîche and Poached Lobster), French Onion Soup (Toasted Crouton, Gruyère, and Provolone), or Assorted Meats and Artisanal Cheese Selection
Entree/Main Course

• Entrées (Choose one (1) Entrée) - Center-cut Filet Mignon (Robuchon Yukon Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and Cipollini Marmalade with a Red Wine Glaze), Smoked Ricotta and Corn Tortellini (Roasted Corn and Peppadew Relish, Rainbow Cauliflower, and Asparagus with a Corn-infused Nage), Spice-dusted Lamb Chops (Roasted Salsify, Baby Zucchini, Charred Tomatoes, and Royal Trumpet Mushrooms with a Lamb Demi), Poulet Rouge Chicken ( Faro Wheat Risotto, Seasonal Vegetables, Crisp Pancetta, and Garlic Butter Sauce) , Saffron-infused Seafood Bouillabaisse ( Seasonal Fish, Maine Lobster, Shrimp, Confit Potatoes, and Baby Fennel),or Roasted Pork Tenderloin (Crispy Berkshire Pork Belly, Caramelized Cipollini, Roasted Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower Purée, and sprinkled with Bacon Dust)
Dessert

• Dessert Trio - Almond Macaron (with Lemon Jam and Raspberries), Dark Chocolate Truffle (filled with Dark Chocolate Grand Mariner Ganache), or White Chocolate "Chip" Cup (with Grey Stuff and Crisp Pearls)
Drinks

• Beers - Stella Artois, Stella Artois Cidre, Kronenbourg 1664, Kronenbourg Blanc, Hoegaarden Wit, Saison Dupont, Chimay Blue
    Odwalla® All-Natural Fruit Punch - sweetened with Organic Cane Juice and Wildberry Extract, served in an Enchanted Light Up Souvenir Cup - $19.00
    Sparkling and Wine - Charles de Fère, Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut Yellow Label, Banfi Rosa Regale Brachetto, Terra d'Oro Moscato, Helfrich Pinot Gris, Pierre Sparr Riesling, Michel Redde Sancerre, Conundrum, Flora Springs Chardonnay, Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais- Villages, Joseph Drouhin Laforet Pinot Noir, Cline Cashmere Grenache Blend, Freemark Abbey Merlot, Cadaretta Syrah, Simi Cabernet Sauvignon, Lasseter Family Winery Paysage

Thank you!!!

Our last trip- we checked in and were waiting to be seated and a family of 4 walked up without a reservation and asked the CM if there was any way they could get in for dinner. The cm told them if they would hang around and wait- they should be seated within an hour. Now- if you're willing to wait that long that's fine- but sometimes it takes a while to be seated after check in even with a reservation.
Always worth a shot anyway.

PS- I wish there were special Disney hackers that could help with things like this- but don't give them any ideas- we'd all be paying more to try to get this kind of thing! lol
Well thats the thing, i dont think i could wait an hour for a table. But i could always give that a try next trip. Usually the wait isnt as long as they initially indicate. Its much shorter. Usually. But not always.

PS: You know there are enough ppl out there who would definitely pay to have a hacker give them all the ADRs and FP they wanted. lol. :laughing:

Last edited:

No secret at all.
I've gotten a lunch ADR for 14 at 180 days when staying offsite.
I was just looking for a friend for Easter week who has a party of 9 and there was availability.
I've booked for 2 with less than 30 days.
BOG lunch is not even one I have to stalk for.
I don't use the reservation finders when I can't get something.
Instead i hop on like once an hour to check.

Wow, that's amazing! I have been trying for our trip in mid December since the l80 days opened and haven't had success/ It is for lunch for 2 adults.
I admit I don't check every day, but pretty close.
Wish I had your luck. Any hints for me????

As others mentioned, the TP reservation finder is great (as long as you see your alert!) I’ve missed 2 Ohana openings this week because I didn’t have my phone on me!

We have used TP reservation finder to book BoG on two trips (party of 12 for lunch, party of 7 for dinner), Trattoria al Forno, 1900 Park Fare and other restaurants. It is very helpful.

A prior poster mentioned it comes with a drink for dinner - is that true if not on dining plan - not talking alcohol because I’m pretty sure it won’t come with that - but does it come with, say, a soft drink?

Lol. Ya, try getting one for October. Crazy busy month! But I tried a few times just now (just for fun), and guess what i got?? NOTHING! Still no luck. lol.
Just looked here is a lunch for tomorrow lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181202-081530_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20181202-081530_Disney World.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 10
Thank you for all the suggestions I will most definitely will try these! Yes we are staying at PC for 7 days and have the DDP so hopefully I will get and ADR this visit with all this great advice :D. I am looking into the reservation finder now(well I can wait a bit truthfully). We still have a long time until our trip next Dec but I like to plan way ahead and maybe learn new strategies!

As a PP mentioned if you just want to try the grey stuff, you can order it for breakfast. In fact that's all we got last time, cupcake and coffee before hitting the line for Mine Train.

And you can try getting a bunch of 1 person reservations for breakfast or lunch and then all sit together.

Good luck!

Last edited:
We ate at BOG on Thanksgiving weekend, (one of the very busy days). I had been checking since 5months out and all of a sudden about 48hrs prior to my arrival openings were popping up like crazy. You literally have to stalk the site but you can see time slots come and go, and we were able to grab a 6PM ADR on a Friday. You also have to move quick the slots don't stay open for more than 10min I noticed.

I just did our dining for our upcoming June trip this morning- had two computers going at 5am my time (central) - one getting the castle and one getting BOG right as the clock turned 5am. We had our choice of days and times for BOG. We always eat there the last day of our trip- so that does help- but I looked out of curiosity and every day of our trip was available for dinner - and not like late dinners- 5-7 pm times. Now I know this is a June trip and not the busiest time- but we have gotten reservations for dinner Christmas week for 11 people as well. We have no secret- but have been able to get reservations here the last 4 trips now for dinner. But I have friends who can't seem to get the reservation either so I don't know.

For all those still looking- good luck and check multiple times a day every day- something could open up. Or try the Touring Plans dining finder- I've seen multiple reports where it worked for people- it'd be worth the price of the subscription if you don't already have one.

I haven't read through everything, but I think part of our success on ADRs at BOG (and just about anywhere) is not being too concerned on the time. I book two meals a day as soon as the ADR window opens then book our FP and everything else kind of around that. We normally travel with 5 to 9 people and I make the two meals at least five hours apart. I personally think a lot of people get hung up on, we must eat lunch between 11:00 and 12:30, we must eat supper between 5:00 and 6:30 or something like that.

Here is what my next trip schedule looks like time wise: 1:55 & 7:20, 11:40 & 7:45, 1:10 & 7:15, 12:50 & 7:30, 9:25 & 7:50, 1:30 & 7:10. I have ADRs at BOG, Ohana, Beaches and Cream, etc. We even stuck to doing this when our kids were little. Plus with the time difference the 7:45 dinners are 6:45 where we live. If we get hungry before an ADR or in between them we can do QS or have a snack.

Thats a tough one with that many people. I managed to get one for two but you have to be quick as hell on the draw 180 days in advanced. They all disappeared within 24 hours or so.

I don't know of any secret: maybe trying for 8 (a round number for tables) or a smaller groups. We have gotten dinner reservations every time we have wanted them. Typically, it is just my wife and I but we have gotten table for 4 a couple of times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter