"BOLT" release postponed til Summer 09?

Stinkerbell317

LOSTaholic
Anyone else hear this rumor? I saw an online entertainment blog that is reporting "Bolt" will not be released until Summer 2009, the same as the new Harry Potter movie. SUpposedly bc the movie studios have very little in the pipeline for next summer due to the writers' strike earlier this year. I hope it's not true! It's bad enough WarnerBros is torturing me by moving HP:mad: . I was really looking forward to Bolt.

I would say the November release is locked in. I think Disney wants back ino their bread and butter which is the princess franchise and with Princess and the Frog and Rapunzel, Bolt is just a milestone for them to get there.

I saw trailers for Bolt and Beverly Hills Chihuahua this past weekend. Disney's standards have fallen so low, they are releasing such absolute garbage movies as these. God help us all.

Yeh I think Bolt looks like a step forward in the right direction. Looks like a very loveable character that children are going to really take to.

I'm actually disappointed by everything I've seen and heard of Princess and the Frog so far. The Princess looks quite trashy for a Princess and why oh why is Randy Newman doing the music for it? I could handle him writing the music but he is blatantly going to sing it all aswell. I don't find his work particularly memorable. It's just background material which is why I'm surprised he is involved with the movie. Perhaps the characters aren't going to sing at all?

I saw trailers for Bolt and Beverly Hills Chihuahua this past weekend. Disney's standards have fallen so low, they are releasing such absolute garbage movies as these. God help us all.

I don't think Bolt looks that bad but when I saw the trailer for the Chihuahua movie all I could do is shake my head and think how could anyone possibly think "Wow! This is a great concept for a new movie!" :sad2:
On a different note I'm so glad Disney is returning to hand drawn animation, fingers crossed for the Princess and the Frog, plus Disney is long over due for a black princess, and I saw the trailer she dosen't look "trashy" she accualy was kind of prude, not wanting to kiss that poor frog... :rolleyes:

Bolt is still on schedule for this fall. It's not being moved according to anything I've read.

Randy Newman, according to what I've read, was put on "Frog" by his good friend John Lassetter personally - sort of mixing things up a bit. Newman has done many Pixar movies, as well as "Cats Dont Dance" and "James and the Giant Peach"... and I think he's a great fit for that "N'awlin's" style they are gonna go for with this movie. From what I understood, the characters WILL sing in "Frog" and Newman will be singing as one of the characters, sort of like Danny Elfman singing the part of Bonejangles in Corpse Bride.

As of Thursday, I'm committed to promote this movie with Walt Disney Pictures this fall. So..

At least as of two days ago, the release is NOT delayed.

Rumor debunked as of right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter