Boma dinner 8/17/06

shondad

Lovin' that place called DISNEYWORLD!!!
What a great place, everything about our experience here was good. (This was the best meal of our two Disney trips.) The AKL was really a site to see, DH was very impressed and wishes to stay there upon our next visit. Our server was "Top of the Line", I think Deborah is her name.

The food was very very good, and the fruunch juice as well. We tried the gumbo, the prime rib, roasted chicken, potatoes with afritude, lamb stew, chicken tenders and french fries (both always hot and crispy), kool slai (sp?), some rice with raisins in it that went well with the stew, and various other dishes I can't recall, zebra domes, cookies, tarts w/blueberries. Everything was sooo good and freshly prepared. I did not find anything to be overly spicy (hot) and while a think the zebra domes were good, they seem to be a bit overrated (JMO). But I may not have been a good judge as I was just so full from the other food that I really could not enjoy much of any of the desserts to tell you the truth.

My family absolutely loved this place. We will definitely return to this wonderful restaurant, the next time we are fortunate (blessed) enough to visit Disneyworld.!!!

Highly Recommended!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Side Note: I mentioned in my Teppanyaki report the nice family we dined with, well we not only found out at that dinner that we had the same ADR for Boma, but we both arrived and were seated early and at tables next to each other. I thought that was just beyond coincidental. Seems like fate or something. I had told DH I didn't think we'd see them as it was very busy with a lot of people. Who would have thought? I think it was great that they were able to seat us a whole hour before our ADR of 620pm, and the other family too no less.

Awesome! We are planning to go there too in a few weeks! Glad to hear it have good reviews. :teeth:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

We were there on the 16th and it was terrific. Dined there again on the 21st and it was much less impressive, in fact it was lousy. Like they had all different chefs or something! So I understand the mixed reviews.

tracys2cents said:
We were there on the 16th and it was terrific. Dined there again on the 21st and it was much less impressive, in fact it was lousy. Like they had all different chefs or something! So I understand the mixed reviews.
There really is something to be said about food preparation and the difference between people as I had a similar experience with the dole float (I know totally different, yet the same). The first time was so good and refreshing, perfect balance between the ice cream and the pineapple juice, then three days later had the float again, yet it tasted so different, definitely not as good. However, you'd think that at these restaurants they have recipes to go by and that they would make them enough to be fairly consistent, oh well.

Thanks for sharing your review. Boma is a must-do for us every trip. Can't wait to eat there in January! :cheer2:

We also had a very good experience at Boma on 8/22/2006. Thoroughly enjoyed the Curried Coconut Seafood Stew (in the soup area). This was our second time at Bomas and would definately go again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter