• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boma from Fort Wilderness

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
I posted this on the restaurant board, but had no luck with responses. Only one response (thanks to Beth) but she wasn't really sure. I'm hoping some of you Fort Wilderness veterans will know. My family has a 7:30 a.m. priority seating at Boma on Feb. 2nd. The park opens at 9:00a.m. We are not bringing a car, only our R.V.,for the first time ever. What is the best way to get to Animal Kingdom Lodge from Fort Wilderness this time of the morning? Also, how long should we allow for Disney Transportation. (never used Disney transportation and never stayed at Fort Wilderness) Thanks in advance!

The Disney transportation system isn't going to work for you in this case. Buses begin running through FW between 7:00 and 7:30, but they will only get you as far as the TTC. And you can't get to AKL from there at that time in the morning.

I would ask the front desk to call a taxi for you. They will pick you up at your campsite or cabin. The cost will be about $15.

By the time you finish breakfast the buses will be mostly up and running. You can take a bus from AKL to the parks (Epcot doesn't open until 10:00). Or if you wish to get back to FW you would take a bus to AK, then switch to another bus to FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter