Boma or Sanaa

travelgirl77

Mouseketeer
Good Afternoon!

We plan on heading to AKL on our arrival day to look around and enjoy dinner. Since we will be driving all day, I am thinking an earlier dinner and have made reservations at Boma and Sanaa. With two kiddos, 5 & 9, my husband, and myself, which option should we choose? We like pretty much anything food-wise.. I just cannot decide!

Those are two of our favorite restaurants. Sanaa is nice because you could possibly get a table at the window to watch the animals. Our kids love that. But we love Boma just as much. Boma is a buffet and Sanaa is not. You can't go wrong with either. If you get an ADR for 5pm at Sanaa - and get there early you could request a table by the window. 5pm is when dinner opens - we have done this a couple of times and have gotten the window. Enjoy

Personally I would go with Sanaa as I feel it has overall better food, but having kids may make Boma a better choice? Unless buffets are even harder with children, sorry no kids here :)

I know Boma is popular, and maybe I bought too heavily into the hype, but we thought it was just OK. Sanaa, on the other hand, we LOVE! Unlike other meals, where the view or the theme are part of their popularity, we feel Sanaa's food and service are solid enough that it could stand on its own without the animals.

Unlike other meals, where the view or the theme are part of their popularity, we feel Sanaa's food and service are solid enough that it could stand on its own without the animals.
Ok, well this just sold me on Sanaa. I feel like we did most of the view, theme, characters last time and this time, I want to experience better food and service offerings. And, even if we cannot get a prime viewing spot, we can see the animals elsewhere at the resort. Thanks you for your feedback.

Ok, well this just sold me on Sanaa. I feel like we did most of the view, theme, characters last time and this time, I want to experience better food and service offerings. And, even if we cannot get a prime viewing spot, we can see the animals elsewhere at the resort. Thanks you for your feedback.

GET THE BREAD SERVICE!

Ok sorry for yelling, but I had to make it clear :P

I would pick Sanaa over Boma for food quality and ambiance. But, take a look at the menu to be sure your kids would find something they like there. At Boma since it is a buffet, they would certainly not go hungry.

2 totally different restaurants.
Boma is a really good buffet with a wide range of foods from routine foods to adventurous foods (many african inspired dishes). They also have a good number of choices for kids.
Sanaa is more Indian cousine with the appropriate spices. Some people don't like those spices. The bread service is amazing! Our meals were excellent.
Sanaa has a better atmosphere and arguably better food quality.
Both are noisy, Boma may be a little more crowded.

Unquestionably Sanaa. Boma is a decent buffet, but I'd choose freshly prepared meals, the amazing bread service, and savannah views any day of the week.

Personally I would go with Sanaa as I feel it has overall better food, but having kids may make Boma a better choice? Unless buffets are even harder with children, sorry no kids here :)

I think buffets are harder with small children. We have to go to the buffet and get the kids plates filled, then return, one at a time, to get our own food. The best restaurants for small kids, in my opinion, are the family style meals.

I'd pick Sanaa with or without kids though. However, if you like good soup, Boma is great.

Boma - for all the variety, something for each one. Neither are our must do restaurants, but would choose Boma over Sanaa, especially with 'littles'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter