Boma question and Homecomin question

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
I have two reservations for our Animal Kingdom day. One for Boma at 7:50 and one for Boma at 5. I can't decide between breakfast or dinner.

We would obviously go to breakfast before we hit the park which opens at 9. As for dinner at 5 we would be leaving the park for the day after.

We will have a toddler in tow. My question is what is your preference at Boma breakfast or dinner? Also what do you think of the times I have booked? Are they peak times with long lines? I'm wondering if we would be better off getting a 10:30 reservation for Boma and then leaving the park for a midday break after that with our daughter. Should add that we are going to be doing the animal kingdom 2 days so we can always check out other things we miss out on our first day because we're going to Boma.

For homecoming the easiest day for us to fit that in is Saturday during brunch. I can choose from two times. 10 or 12:25. I really prefer the lunch menu over the brunch menu. We have a reservation later that day at 1900 Park Fare at 4:30. If we take the 10 brunch reservation are we still able to order off the lunch menu? We're going to be using the Disney Dining Plan and I don't even see dessert on the brunch menu. Don't want to use a dining credits and not get the full use of it if you know what I mean. I guess my question is are you able to order off of the lunch menu regardless of when your time slot is during the brunch hours? Is lunch available at 10 or are we better off taking the 12:25 reservation and then those that want to order off the brunch menu can and the others can order off the lunch menu?

Thanks! I need help since I am obsessing over all of my dining reservations. Haven't even looked at Fastpass choices yet for the parks and that date is fast approaching LOL

Oh man! Tough choice! There are some passionate Boma Breakfast and Boma Dinner fans! Check out the menus online. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-lodge/boma-flavors-of-africa/menus/dinner/ Both are great. It really depends on your family. I personally would probably not want to venture in the morning to a resort for breakfast before a park day, unless it was very convenient for me (ie a monorail stop along the way). That's just me. We leave parks pretty early with DS4, so if those were my two choices, I would have dinner at Boma. I've attached an old activities guide for AKL so you can some some of the things you could experience before or after dinner. Love AKL!!

Will you be on the Dining Plan on the day you go to Boma? If so, have you thought of trying Tusker House instead? It's still just one credit and you could do a package with Rivers of Light seating for that same one credit. On our trip in November, RoL is early enough that DS4 just might make it to stay up for the show.

Attachments

• akl_recreation-1.jpg
    akl_recreation-1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 7
What is the better meal for Your Toddler? My kids did better at dinner time, they weren't the getup and eat breakfast kids.
She's so picky it doesn't really matter. She'll just pick off of our plates. I'm thinking breakfast though it would probably be better for her. Time changes in our favour since it will feel closer to 9 then 8 for us with a 7:50 reservation. Just wondering though if it will be crazy busy and too hectic at that time. I'd much rather try dinner but my husband is not as adventurous and is leery of trying it. So it's a battle I'm choosing not to fight really LOL

Oh man! Tough choice! There are some passionate Boma Breakfast and Boma Dinner fans! Check out the menus online. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-lodge/boma-flavors-of-africa/menus/dinner/ Both are great. It really depends on your family. I personally would probably not want to venture in the morning to a resort for breakfast before a park day, unless it was very convenient for me (ie a monorail stop along the way). That's just me. We leave parks pretty early with DS4, so if those were my two choices, I would have dinner at Boma. I've attached an old activities guide for AKL so you can some some of the things you could experience before or after dinner. Love AKL!!

Will you be on the Dining Plan on the day you go to Boma? If so, have you thought of trying Tusker House instead? It's still just one credit and you could do a package with Rivers of Light seating for that same one credit. On our trip in November, RoL is early enough that DS4 just might make it to stay up for the show.

Both menus look so good it's really hard to choose. We're going to tusker house on our second AK day with my family when they arrive. Going for breakfast and was able to book the ROL package that day.

Last edited:
If you decide on breakfast, keep in mind that Boma does experience wait times for either meal. Last September we did both the breakfast and dinner. The food options were very good at both - desserts were better in the evening. We were typically seated within 10-15 minutes of our reservation time. Just food for thought ( no pun intended ).

When we did brunch at Homecomin we were presented with the lunch menu and brunch menu.

We prefer Boma breakfast. Price is a little less and the offerings at breakfast are our fave. Especially the bread pudding with caramel sauce. And the carved meats. And the sweet and spicy mustard. And the asparagus and tomatoes.

I have two reservations for our Animal Kingdom day. One for Boma at 7:50 and one for Boma at 5. I can't decide between breakfast or dinner.

We would obviously go to breakfast before we hit the park which opens at 9. As for dinner at 5 we would be leaving the park for the day after.

We will have a toddler in tow. My question is what is your preference at Boma breakfast or dinner? Also what do you think of the times I have booked? Are they peak times with long lines? I'm wondering if we would be better off getting a 10:30 reservation for Boma and then leaving the park for a midday break after that with our daughter. Should add that we are going to be doing the animal kingdom 2 days so we can always check out other things we miss out on our first day because we're going to Boma.

For homecoming the easiest day for us to fit that in is Saturday during brunch. I can choose from two times. 10 or 12:25. I really prefer the lunch menu over the brunch menu. We have a reservation later that day at 1900 Park Fare at 4:30. If we take the 10 brunch reservation are we still able to order off the lunch menu? We're going to be using the Disney Dining Plan and I don't even see dessert on the brunch menu. Don't want to use a dining credits and not get the full use of it if you know what I mean. I guess my question is are you able to order off of the lunch menu regardless of when your time slot is during the brunch hours? Is lunch available at 10 or are we better off taking the 12:25 reservation and then those that want to order off the brunch menu can and the others can order off the lunch menu?

Thanks! I need help since I am obsessing over all of my dining reservations. Haven't even looked at Fastpass choices yet for the parks and that date is fast approaching LOL
We ate at Homecoming during our recent trip. You must have the fried chicken, it is that good. The chicken and donuts is a smaller portion of the fried chicken that comes with some donuts. I see that on the brunch menu, both the chicken and donuts and the fried chicken on the lunch menu. The food here is fantastic, and the service is top-notch. We found that is leaps and bounds better than all our other on-site meals (we too had the DP). Beware, the portions are large and you will be stuffed. We ate like kings and had leftovers to take with us (that we ate for breakfast the next morning). The Hummingbird cake is a must.

I would do lunch on the DP and make a later dinner reservation. Enjoy!

Personally I wouldn't do Boma at 10:30 and then take a break. If the park opens at 9 you would need to head towards a bus at 945 which doesnt give you much time to tour.

Thanks everyone for the tips. I did figure out today that if you get an 11:00 reservation at homecoming you get both the lunch and breakfast menus.

You mention leaving the park 'after' and I'm wondering if you realize Boma is at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, not the Animal Kingdom Park.

You mention leaving the park 'after' and I'm wondering if you realize Boma is at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, not the Animal Kingdom Park.

Yeah I know. Poor wording. I meant we would not be going back to the park other than to catch the bus back to our resort. I've decided on an early breakfast at Boma for our choice.

Personally I wouldn't do Boma at 10:30 and then take a break. If the park opens at 9 you would need to head towards a bus at 945 which doesnt give you much time to tour.

Good point, thank you. We decided to sticj with the 750 reservation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!