• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boma Solo?

D

dahirsh

Anyone been to Boma solo?

I think I'd like to try dinner there on my October trip.

I avoided buffets on my last (and only) solo trip. The only buffet I did was Akershaus.

I guess the thing I find awkward is the whole leaving the table unattended thing.

Also, does anyonew know what the earliest seating for dinner is? My thought was a day at AK, dinner at Boma then off to DD for some shopping.

Deb

I ate at Boma solo last May. It was fine and I was given a nice table.

I also feel a bit awkward about leaving the table to return to the buffet but I always make sure I bring my purse with me and not leave it behind.

I enjoy buffets solo. I use a fanny pack, so I just bring it with me. Dinner is served at Boma from 5-10PM.

I have only done CP as a solo and it was no problem. You will have to let us know what Boma is like as a solo. I will have to try that one of these days :)

hi,
i ate at Boma twice for breakfast and once for dinner on my recent solo trip, and am so glad i did:D it is one of my favorite places to eat so i decided it was worth the "risk" of feeling uncomfortable. i am so glad i did:D :D all 3 times i was seated close to a window which made me feel at ease. instead of feeling funny being in the middle of a busy dining room solo i felt a little more inconspicuous and really enjoyed seeing the greenery outside as well as people watching. a garden area seperates the window from the outside pathway so i didn't feel too close. i didn't ask for any special seating,this is just where i happened to be seated each time. i had excellent service and the food was outstanding. i wouldn't hesitate to go back solo. hope you enjoy:D
kathe

Katypop-

thank you for your response both here and on the attractions board.

You mentioned that you watch the parade at AK from close to the exit. Any recomendations on where? This will be my third trip to AK, but I've always left shortly before the parade.

Deb

hi Deb,
i watched the parade from in front of the island mercantile shop i think. in this area there is a low stone bench along the street you can sit on and no one is allowed to stand in front of you because the street is too narrow at this spot. this is one of my favorite parades, i had to stake out my spot about 45 min early but it was worth it:D i think you will enjoy it.
kathe:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter