Boma - worth the price and time?

Boma is my favorite! We are going in November and I chose it for my birthday meal. We are on the QSDP but for me this place is worth paying OOP. The soups are amazing.

We tried Boma on a whim when we were staying at AKL and it has become my favorite restaurant on property. To me it is defiantly worth the effort to get there. Sometimes it even crosses my mind to travel there from NY just to have dinner. Haha

Boma is the only buffet we do and it is a must do every trip. The hotel is beautiful as well. Well worth the trip.

Boma is one of our absolute favorite restaurants in all of WDW for both breakfast and dinner (and we aren't breakfast eaters so that says a lot). I don't typically get appetizers or dessert at a TS restaurant either. In general my husband and I either split an entree or just share a few appetizers as our meal. But we make an exception for Boma because it's so good. The way we do Boma is to stick with the more African dishes so we aren't wasting precious stomach space on basic things, and we take small samples of everything so we don't end up over eating.

If you really don't want to give a buffet a try than I would suggest Jiko - it's also one of our favorites. We tend to do Jiko primarily when we are looking for a nice restaurant for a special occasion and we do Boma when we are just looking for good food and a casual atmosphere is fine. I would not feel comfortable at Jiko after a day at the parks unless I was able to go back to the resort to shower and change into something a bit nicer - at least a nice sundress. I'm fine going directly to Boma from the parks.

I’m a breakfast lover, so I’ve only been to Boma at breakfast, and it is now a must-do for me!

BUT, to the point of your particular question and situation: Yes, you may be better served spending your dollars at a fancier sit-down restaurant. It sounds as if you may not be a big eater if you don’t typically order appetizers or desserts. So, maybe a buffet isn’t a good fit for you in general?

However, I agree with previous posters in that AKL is beautiful, serene, and completely worth the time. And, like others, I would recommend going to Jiko if you would like to try flavors from Africa. DH and I had a wonderful date-night meal there several years ago. We both generally love to try new things, so that added a special element to it. Whatever you decide, I hope you have an amazing experience!

i will be staying in Allstars in September without the Dining Plan and was looking for opinions as to whether Boma is worth the price and travel required to get there. I know it gets amazing reviews but I usually don't order appetizers and desserts, when dining out, and was wondering if the the $45+ would be better spent at a sit down restaurant that's a bit fancier. Thanks!

If you have never been then you need to go. If you are not an adventurous eater then there will be more for you to choose from than the TS at AK. Love this place. I wouldn't even question it. Plan it for an AK day. It is only 5 minutes from there. Literally.

It was worth it to me because we visited after AK (it closed at 5p at the time), we looked at animals while waiting, and prefer buffets for trying different types of food.

It's also a very attractive restaurant for a buffet.

Booked Christmas dinner there!

Generally, we really don't like buffets, not even Disney's, but we love Boma! Particularly breakfast--I think it's the best breakfast on property, buffet or full service. We are way over at Port Orleans Riverside on our September trip but we're trucking on over to Boma for breakfast at least one day!

I’m not a big fan of buffets, but Boma is excellent for breakfast and dinner. We’ve had some excellent meals there and the waitstaff is very friendly.

I like it and think it's worth the price (by Disney standards).

As for time spent, visiting AKL is a fun experience by itself, so dinner is just added reason to go.

My one gripe from our most recent visit was how crowded it seemed to be. It feels like they've crammed more tables in over time. There was a huge line for the carving station so I skipped that part. There was still plenty of good food but I was a bit annoyed by many people you have to contend with at the buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter