Book now with UT or wait for possible WDW direct discount?

MariaR3

Earning My Ears
I know no one can exactly predict the future for me, but I'm wondering what opinions would be on what I should do. I'm trying to book June 7 - 10 with 4 park magic tickets to WDW staying at YC (and then staying at Universal for 3 days after that). If I book today (NYE deal) with Undercover Tourist I save a little over for $600 for the WDW portion with booking YC and tickets, however, I know that typically the summer room and/or package discounts for WDW come out the first week of January. Do any of you think that the summer discount directly from WDW would save me that much? Is there any reason I should be hesitant on booking YC through UT? I know I've read a lot about people getting tickets through UT but less about resort rooms too.

I booked with UT. I’ve booked with them for the Royal Pacific at Universal and had zero problems. I like that it’s easy to cancel, so I can cancel and rebook direct with Disney if they release a better deal!

Thanks! I did end up booking with UT but will keep an eye out still for a Disney direct discount. I did read that canceling with UT is pretty easy. (And I also booked Royal Pacific for our Universal part of our trip! 😉)

So, what deal worked better for you? UT or Disney with the free dining or room only discount?

I will tell you that I booked with UT a couple of days ago for a Pop stay in August. With the Sun and Fun that just came out, my UT reservation is still cheaper.

Do you have to pay everything in full when booking with UT or can you put down a room deposit?

Do you have to pay everything in full when booking with UT or can you put down a room deposit?
Down in full! I cancelled my reservation with them this morning, connected to a real person right away and it took one minute. Easy peasy!

So, what deal worked better for you? UT or Disney with the free dining or room only discount?

Free dining wasn’t available for my dates or the length of our stay (and honestly probably not something that would really benefit us a ton because we’re so busy and hot we don’t eat a lot at WDW). The Sun & Fun room offer was still $70 more than my room portion from UT for WDW. We also got a few smaller deals with booking both a room and tickets at both WDW and Universal from UT so saved a little bit more than the $70 (not including the savings on tickets). I’m glad I booked it with UT. I wouldn’t have been too upset if I hadn’t, but it’s nice to have a little bit of souvenir money! 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter