Booked a trip to Tokyo. Please help

jacs1234

Dreaming of Disney
we made a quick decision and booked a trip to Tokyo in may. We have booked our disney accommodation but we have 5 days to explore outside disney and we don't know where to stay or what to do. Do you have any suggestions? We have booked the Disneyland hotel for five nights and are spending 4 days in Disney.

I'd suggest: 2/3 days in Osaka with Universal Studios (especially if there are any Harry Potter fans in the family), a HUGE aquarium and other highlights and 2 days in Kyoto for purely cultural / traditional aspects (although you can also visit a monkey park near Kyoto which is fun).

That's if some of your 5 days in Tokyo are actually going to be spent in Tokyo. If they're purely Disney days, then you could easily spend another 5 days in Tokyo exploring the city and surrounds (e.g. Mt Fuji).

I wouldn't bother going down south. Not with only 5 days. There is just so much to see around Tokyo. Universal was great, but not worth going down there with a limited number of days.
We stayed at the Blossom Hotel in Shinjuku, which was great and very central. If you can get the Excel Tokyu hotel in Shibuya for a decent price, I really loved Shibuya and the hotel is really central. (Wasn't available when we went)
Have you read my trip report? It may help with things to do and hints for the Disney Parks. We were there early April last year.

My mum and I stayed at the Edo Sakura - a really traditional hotel, very cute and the staff were amazing. A very different experience from a typical hotel and a lot of fun. https://www.tokyoedosakura.com/en/

It was also fairly cheap!

I agree with Aussie shaz that five days is not enough time to be rushing about - stay in Tokyo, there's plenty to do.

I recommend the Century Southern Tower in Shinjuku, it's very central to everything and is a beautiful hotel. Shinjuku station goes everywhere, so it makes getting around really convenient.

I too am planing a 14 day trip to Japan this fall and have no idea what to do. Disney is, of course, on my list. So far I'm anticipating 3 nights 4 days at TDL. I hope that is enough, but outside of that I have no idea what to do in Japan just yet. This thread came at the right time!

Yay this thread! We are a family of Kiwi Dis fans who have just decided to do a trip to Japan in Oct 2017.:cool1::cool1:
So much to read, so many questions, ... Have any Anzac Disers written Japan TRs?

Have a wonderful time ! I went august last year and just got home from another week in Tokyo.
Love Disney Sea

We are slowly working it out. I's still nervous about the language barrier though even though everyone says we'll be fine.

Don't worry about the language barrier. Especially if you have Internet. I asked a couple of questions that weren't understood. One I googled the answer to, and the other was for directions to a certain shop. The guy didn't understand, but I showed him a picture of the shop, with its name and address in Japanese. He then googled it and showed us how to get there. I think these were the only times we had a problem with language and it wasn't at all important.
Oh, and the ramen place where no-one spoke English and the menus were in Japanese! We just picked the food by the pictures. It was lots of fun.

I wouldn't worry about the language barrier :)

We went last year for 6 weeks and spent 5 days in Tokyo from memory. Feel free to browse through my TR and ask any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter