booked Alaska while on board

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
just got back from a magical cruise to the Meditterean

did a lot saw a lot ate a lot!!!!

anyways one of things we did on board is bingo--one being the final bingo of the cruise where you play for the jackpot

we actually won!!! couldnt believe it !!! there were 2 winners so we had to split but even at that we

left with a nice winnings

so we did something we never did before and booked another cruise while on board!!! love the benefits!!

so were going to Alaska next Sept so here where I need some help

we book an OV on deck 5 forward--we were only forward once and we were are forward as you can get

also were usually on decks 7 or 8

just wondering how deck 5 is as far as noise and the distance to the pool deck--I think were right over the WD theatre but the shows are done early--we have first dining so see the second show anyway

so if anyone can give any info or tips on Alaska at this time of year--the tours --and being deck 5 forward

I would greatly appreciate it

thanks all

just got back from a magical cruise to the Meditterean

did a lot saw a lot ate a lot!!!!

anyways one of things we did on board is bingo--one being the final bingo of the cruise where you play for the jackpot

we actually won!!! couldnt believe it !!! there were 2 winners so we had to split but even at that we

left with a nice winnings

so we did something we never did before and booked another cruise while on board!!! love the benefits!!

so were going to Alaska next Sept so here where I need some help

we book an OV on deck 5 forward--we were only forward once and we were are forward as you can get

also were usually on decks 7 or 8

just wondering how deck 5 is as far as noise and the distance to the pool deck--I think were right over the WD theatre but the shows are done early--we have first dining so see the second show anyway

so if anyone can give any info or tips on Alaska at this time of year--the tours --and being deck 5 forward

I would greatly appreciate it

thanks all

Was on Sept 4-11 cruise. Vancouver was unseasonably warm with highs of upper 70's to lower 80's. Alaska cities on the other hand had between mid-60's high and mid-50's highs.

Great being able to the see the glaciers, but did not see any bears. Saw tons of salmon (and some half eaten salmon), but it definitely was not the peak. The peak at mendenhall glacier was about 3-4 weeks prior to our trip. Saw lots of humpback whales on our way back. Also saw some Orcas.

Another plus is the end of season sale at the ports. The Alaska T-Shirt company had 50% off just about everything. Great way to stock up on some warm clothes. One of the beanies was $4.99 and at 50% off, that's cheaper than Old Navy.

I could tell you a lot more if you want to know specifics. Also, you can see personal navigators here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...ht-alaskan-cruise-vancouver-september-4-2017/

in January this year we were in an OV deck 5 forward. Was very skeptical of the location as we usually are on deck 2. Found that it was really quick and easy to and from. and as a side bonus you might see / meet some of the guest entertainers - as deck 5 forward is where many of them stay. I had a nice "private" visit with John Charles, and saw several others. Being on deck 5 it's only a few decks up to the pool or down to the restaurants / adult entertainment area. Easy Peasy! The downside was that we missed out on several flights of stairs throughout the day (Deck 2 to 9 is quite the haul / climb - even after 7 nights!). The stairs are my main form of exercise while on the ship - Chant with me as we climb those stairs -- "Eat More Desserts, Eat More Desserts...". And we only heard activity in the WDT once - the daytime matinee of Frozen - and the sounds were very muted. I don't recall hearing noise from there at other times - and we had Late Dining (Early Show)

RE: Alaska in September - it's probably going to be WET. So a good raincoat / gear are in order. Dress in layers because it can be 60, sunny and warm and 15 minutes later, a heavy mist or rain. We were there at the end of July this year and I typically wore a long sleeve shirt, a fleece and a lite weight raincoat. Don't think that our temps got much over 60, and that was usually too many layers. Hubbard Glacier and Endicott arm day we wore our winter coats over other layers because of the coldness from the glaciers.

The Alaska cruise takes you to lots of awesome scenery. If you are wanting to see animals - look for excursions that use smaller forms of transportation - like the two person boats that you get to drive - those will take you up close to the shore and you will have a good chance at seeing bears, eagles, otters, whales, seals and many other critters. For Straight up Whale Watching - Juneau seems to be the place. Mendenhal glacier is also in Juneau and is very easy to see from the visitor center, and there are trails (well maintained) that can take you much closer. For scenery - Misty Fjords in Ketchikan is a good option. The train in Skagway also is great for scenery. There is a "Canoe Up To A Glacier" excursion in Skagway that we took many years ago that was very good (Wear extra and thick socks on this trip). We saw a ton of eagles on this excursion as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter