Booked for 2020 but now regretting it due to free dining

Karina230187

Earning My Ears
Hi I’m new to the forum, we booked our 2020 trip with TUI last week, I was told there would be no offers coming up with dining etc so we went ahead and booked, they also told me they no longer package the tickets on and I would need to book them from their excursions list which I have found and it’s costly and has to be paid up front. My query really is would I be able to get the free dining for 2020 even though I’ve already booked?

Thanks

Karina

Hi I’m new to the forum, we booked our 2020 trip with TUI last week, I was told there would be no offers coming up with dining etc so we went ahead and booked, they also told me they no longer package the tickets on and I would need to book them from their excursions list which I have found and it’s costly and has to be paid up front. My query really is would I be able to get the free dining for 2020 even though I’ve already booked?

Thanks

Karina
Firstly how much deposit have you paid? If they will not amend the booking as they gave you duff advice then can you throw your deposit away and start again?

Also most would not advise using Tui as they are often a real pain. Peeps have real problems getting their booking onto the Disney mydisneyexperience app, which you need to book restaurants at 180 days (with advantage of +10 days for onsite guests) then more importantly FPs at 60(+10) days.

Indeed saying they include tickets in booking is daft as it’s a condition of the free dining offer. Tickets are expensive but that is Disney for you. I hope you’ve not paid for the tickets yet as if have you are definitely going to be tied to Disney.

Hi my booking is o
Firstly how much deposit have you paid? If they will not amend the booking as they gave you duff advice then can you throw your deposit away and start again?

Also most would not advise using Tui as they are often a real pain. Peeps have real problems getting their booking onto the Disney mydisneyexperience app, which you need to book restaurants at 180 days (with advantage of +10 days for onsite guests) then more importantly FPs at 60(+10) days.

Indeed saying they include tickets in booking is daft as it’s a condition of the free dining offer. Tickets are expensive but that is Disney for you. I hope you’ve not paid for the tickets yet as if have you are definitely going to be tied to Disney.

Hi thanks for the reply we paid 1500 onto the holiday so can’t really afford to lose that. I managed to add my holiday onto the my Disney app already, it shows all of the guests names on there so no issues there. The dining isn’t a major issue, I’ve just gone on TUI and I can’t combine the tickets and holiday together I don’t get an option to do that, I will look again on 25th

I would go back to them and quote ABTA and say you were miss sold the holiday. The agent would of known by then the free dining was coming and they have blatently lied to you :( They will refund you deposit then you can book the hoiday direct with disney and then book flights at 11 months.
most agents dont care and just want the sale and play on the customer not knowing. Also look up the Dibb forums lots of info there too
Hope you get it sorted.

Sorry to hear about this. I’d definitely get back in touch and tell them you were mis sold the holiday and that you either want a full refund or happy to continue with booking if you get the free dining. If this doesn’t work go on Twitter and tell everyone what TUI have done. I hate complaining but did as a last resort with Marks and Spencer’s furniture department and hey presto, sorted by lunchtime. I actually had to create a twitter account just for this.
Good luck.

Hi Karina, My Sister did similar to you, but only put down the minimum deposit against her holiday. She was able to go into her booking online and it gave her information about cancelling and what percentage of her deposit she would lose; she was happy to have this option, cancelled and re-booked with Disney directly with free dining etc. Maybe you could have a look and see if it would be cost effective for you?

Do you have evidence they lied to you? Was it an email or phone call? Then I would complain. I would complain anyway, but you’ll get further with proof.

You should only lose the deposit amount if you cancel. I would call and see how much you would lose. If you cancel I would recommend doing it diy on the Disney site and booking flights later. Tui isn’t the best to fly with as it goes to Sanford and therefore you don’t get the free Disney transfers.

If you can’t cancel, I would recommend buying park tickets directly from Disney and adding it to your my Disney experience, you don’t have to buy from tui.

Sorry you’ve had this experience- it seems like a lot of travel agents said there was no free dining to get people to book. It’s terrible!

That is such bad sales practice... did you get anything sorted?
I would want to get my deposit back and rebook with someone else as a matter of principle. I do think that if you complain strongly enough to the right person at TUI HQ there’s a good chance they would at least amend the booking to include free dining. (As mentioned above go down the miss sold route) It would reflect badly in them to have this splashed around on social media, you need some sad kids faces in pics!

I think you should cancel and try get your deposit back and book directly with Disney, honestly all these travel agent companies are just middle men and you end up paying more in my experience then you would just going straight through Disney!

Phone up and ask for higher ups and complain you were missold your holiday and lied to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!