• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked my 2005 Disney Fix!!

uksaint

Mouseketeer
:earsboy: Having recently moved house, WDW was not financially viable this year, so it's great to be able to fall back on DLP (with the help of Tesco Clubcard Vouchers :) ).

Just booked four nights at the Explorers in May. My only prior DLP experience was part of a business conference back in 1997, and park time was pretty limited so really looking forward to getting the full DLP experience this time. No doubt many questions will follow, but for now I have just three.

1) How much are the Character Breakfasts if purchased locally (My travel agent wants £12)
2) Is Cafe Mickeys the only option for this?
3) Should I book in advance or just take my chances when I get there?

Now off to get a copy of Simons book.

Andy

Hi!

Not sure about the price but you can also choose to have breakfast at Walt's in Main Street. Have had character breakfasts at both Walt's and Cafe Mickey and highly recommend both (Walt's is "posher" and in the park, Cafe Mickey has more food!!)

We've booked in advance before which I'd suggest doing - it'd be a shame to get there and not be able to have a character breakfast.

Rhiannon :wizard:

We always book a couple of character breakfasts at Cafe Mickey's in advance but have usually just turned up for an extra one while we're there and it's always been ok. I've always found as well that if we've turned up early we can get seated then rather than wait til the time on our ticket.

Joanne

Hi,

the character breakfasts are 22€ when you are stay at the Explorers.
You can go either to Cafe Mickey or Walt´s (which I would highly recommend)
You can book when you are there, but it seems to be cheaper to book in advance for you ( but I think you TA gave you the price for Disneyhotelguests = 17€, istead of guest of the Explorers :confused3 )

Greets Renate

Love those Clubcard vouchers - we are doing the same next Feb with ours (we've saved them up for two years!)

Did you book though Cresta or Bridge if you don't mind me asking?

Renate - Looks like I missed an opportunity - having consulted the brochure I see the price for Explorer's guests is £15 - so I guess I should have taken £12 when it was offered.

Miffy - We booked with Cresta (although I believe both Bridge and Cresta are part of the BCT travel group). We chose Cresta because they included park tickets with the extra day in a 4 for 3 nights deal. Bridge charged extra for the last day tickets. I must say I found the Cresta booking agents extremely helpful as I went through a whole range of possible permutations to come up with the best deal.

Overall then it looks like there is no real financial penalty for booking the breakfast through the travel agent and it looks like Cafe Mickeys is the way to go (Walt's 'posh' affair is definitely not for my kids :teeth: )

Thanks
Andy

uksaint great idea to use tesco vouchers-I'm just looking into doing the same thing.
Could you help me with a quick question?Will I be able to go by eurostar if I book through cresta as I read in the small print on the tesco site that you had to book a flight and or car hire with your accommodation to be able to use the clubcard vouchers.However it doesn't mention eurostar.
How are you travelling if you don't mind me asking.

Yes you can book the Eurostar option with Cresta, unfortunately they were sold out of the direct eurostar for our dates so we are flying. Apparently Cresta only have access to about 60 seats on the Eurostar and as the dates I'm going are a 4 nights for 3 offer then they were already fully sold out of their direct Eurostar allocation. Of course, you also have the option of the indirect Eurostar if you prefer that to flying.

Thanks for the info uksaint.:)
I'm off to dig out my cresta brouchure:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter