Booking a second room? Family of 3

DisneyWishes14

DIS Veteran
We are seriously considering booking a 2020 Australia ABD. We are a family of 3 - DH, me and DS12. DH has sleep apnea and, even with a CPAP, can be a little loud at night. On vacations, we typically book suites or two connecting rooms to create a second quiet place to sleep. On the Australia ABD, I notice, as a family of three, we will actually have a 2-bedroom apartment accommodation in Cairns (which is awesome!), but at the three other stops, they would place us all in one room. I'm wondering if anyone has ever booked a second room at ABD hotels so your family could have some extra space? I priced the hotel rooms out on my own and it wouldn't be terribly expensive to book the rooms separately. In fact, I have enough Marriott points to cover the Sheraton room on the Gold Coast. I suppose I could book us as two ABD reservations with DH as a single, but then, I assume, we'd need to pay a single supplement which would be more than simply booking a second room on my own. I would love to hear if anyone has done this or any other thoughts? Thanks!

You are correct that if you book your husband as a single, there would be a single supplement. It's 40% of the per-person price.

I don't see why you couldn't book a second room yourself, and just have him sleep there. Nobody is checking that everyone's in their rooms. That's an interesting solution. I've never heard anyone suggest that before. I also wonder if anyone has done that. It *does* make sense.

Sayhello

You are correct that if you book your husband as a single, there would be a single supplement. It's 40% of the per-person price.

I don't see why you couldn't book a second room yourself, and just have him sleep there. Nobody is checking that everyone's in their rooms. That's an interesting solution. I've never heard anyone suggest that before. I also wonder if anyone has done that. It *does* make sense.

Sayhello

Thanks Sayhello! I just did a little math, and while the single supplement is more than booking the rooms separately, I may be willing to go that route if they can get us connecting rooms. The price difference wasn't actually as big as I thought it would be and I would hate to show up at each hotel and have to check in on our own, request connecting rooms, etc. I do like how streamlined everything is when ABD handles everything! I will give ABD a call and talk to them about it. Thank you so much!

So we actually have done that before on a couple of trips. It worked out ok but was definitely more of a pain than having Disney book it. The other thing I have done is just paid the upgrade difference to have a suite. I did this by calling the hotel directly. It doesn't work at every hotel but have had some success.

So we actually have done that before on a couple of trips. It worked out ok but was definitely more of a pain than having Disney book it. The other thing I have done is just paid the upgrade difference to have a suite. I did this by calling the hotel directly. It doesn't work at every hotel but have had some success.

Thank you so much for your response! That is such a great idea! I will research the hotels we are staying in to see if they have suites or 2-bedrooms available and go from there. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!