Booking Airfare

airbear

Earning My Ears
I was going to book our airfare today after work. I'm leaning toward booking it through ABD. Is there any advantage to this? My thinking is that if my trip gets cancelled, it will be easier to reschedule airfare if ABD booked it for me. Any thoughts? :rolleyes:

There have been other posts about this, but it really doesn't matter from a cost perspective if ABD books the airfare or if you book it. ABD seems to get the same cost that you would. If your trip is cancelled, it is probably less hassle to you if ABD books the airfare, but if you book it on your own, ABD will reimburse you for any of the change/cancellation fees that you incur.

I would recommend checking prices before you call ABD to book, because they don't always search as thoroughly as you would yourself. But if you've already done your research they can book it for you at the same price. As Diskidatheart said, it's just less of a hassle if you have a cancellation. Also, they will inform you if there are changes in your flight - like schedule or flight number changes - so you don't have to keep up with that yourself. I've booked flights through ABD for both of our trips.

I was going to book our airfare today after work. I'm leaning toward booking it through ABD. Is there any advantage to this? My thinking is that if my trip gets cancelled, it will be easier to reschedule airfare if ABD booked it for me. Any thoughts? :rolleyes:

I booked my airfare through ABD because if they cancel the trip they take care of all the changes, they will pay change fees if you book on your own but I felt it was easier to book with them for my upcomming trip. I was watching airfare, decided on the flights I wanted, I called ABD told them the flights I wanted and the airline and class of booking and they booked it for me at the same price I would have gotten if I had booked it myself.

Yes, the key is to know what you want before you call them. They will book exactly what you ask for. But if you don't know what you want, they'll search for the airfare themselves, and I've found they generally find airfare that is MUCH higher than what I've found. They're not quite as motivated to find you the best bargain. :goodvibes

That said, if you *do* want to book it yourself, you're still covered. If the trip gets canceled, ABD will *still* take care of all the refunds or the changes and cover all the costs & fees for you. (They did this for me with my Alaska ABD). It's probably *simpler* if you booked it through them, but you're still covered.

Sayhello

Thanks everyone, I will be sure to shop around on my own and then call to book our airfare. I also have to make a payment today. Geez this is going to be one expensive day.:scared1:

Ok airfare is all booked! Thanks for all the advice. You were right Sayhello it helped that I knew exactly what flights I wanted. Now if the trip has to be rescheduled due to cancellation, ABD can take care of it. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter