Booking an AP discount on line and DDP

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
If I book a room only reservation online with an AP discount can I add a dining plan later? Do I have to call for this or is there an option to do so online after the reservation is made? TY

You would have to call, but you can’t actually add a dining plan to a RO reservation. They’d have to cancel the RO and book the package anew.

The reason is that RO bookings are made by Disney Destination LLC, and packages are sold by the Walt Disney Travel Company.

If the room you want is sold out, they may have trouble getting you a dining plan package, even though you already have a room. A supervisor may be able/should be able to put in an override for you, but no guarantees.

A package with the DDP has the package deposit and cancelation fees, so you’d be subject to that, also.

It gave me the option to add a dining plan before I checked out. Ill have to sign into MDE and see if its still there.

Depends on your date
The current promo let's you add it online
For what ever reason the summer promo does not give you the option

It gave me the option to add a dining plan before I checked out. Ill have to sign into MDE and see if its still there.
Yes, when going through the process, it’s seemlessly switches between Disney Destinations and Walt Disney Travel Company. Most don’t notice it.

If you mock book two reservations, one RO, and the other with dining added, and get to the point where you click on terms and conditions. Click on the terms and conditions. The RO will specify it’s sold by Disney Destinations. The one with the DDP will say by the Walt Disney Travel Company. This will also spell out the two different deposit/cancelation policies.

When you went to book, selecting the DDP changes you over to the Walt Disney Travel Company.

My initial post was about if you first book RO,and then later decided to get the DDP. Booking the DDP with your initial booking is a different thing.

Yes, when going through the process, it’s seemlessly switches between Disney Destinations and Walt Disney Travel Company. Most don’t notice it.

If you mock book two reservations, one RO, and the other with dining added, and get to the point where you click on terms and conditions. Click on the terms and conditions. The RO will specify it’s sold by Disney Destinations. The one with the DDP will say by the Walt Disney Travel Company. This will also spell out the two different deposit/cancelation policies.

When you went to book, selecting the DDP changes you over to the Walt Disney Travel Company.

My initial post was about if you first book RO,and then later decided to get the DDP. Booking the DDP with your initial booking is a different thing.
I want to wait until about a week before check in to add the ddp since we are waitlisted for a DVC room. Will I have any issues with this plan?

I know DDP must be boooked at lest 3 days in advance. No leeway here.

If you try to add it a week before,and there is availability for a new reservation,then no problem.

If there isn’t a room available for a new reservation, they may or may not be able to do it for you. Basically, a supervisor would have to allow the overbooking of the resort to book a the new package, knowing that by then cancelling the RO,it won’t be overbooked.

But, there’s never a guarantee a supervisor can do this for you.

Also, when you go to book the room/dining plan package 1 week out, full payment would be due at booking,with a cancelation fee.

I want to wait until about a week before check in to add the ddp since we are waitlisted for a DVC room. Will I have any issues with this plan?

DVC is totally different. Because you're on points and not a typical reservation, there's no cancelling a room-only to book a package. You call, they take your payment info, charge you right then, and it's added to the existing reservation number.

DVC is totally different. Because you're on points and not a typical reservation, there's no cancelling a room-only to book a package. You call, they take your payment info, charge you right then, and it's added to the existing reservation number.
I booked the room only with AP discount only in case the dvc room doesnt come through. Thats why I dont want to add the ddp yet, there's a fair chance I'll cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter