• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking an extra night room only and half board vouchers?

Wismgari

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I have just booked my first trip to Disneyland Paris for January (2015) and I am very excited!! I have been to WDW once 2 years ago, but I have never been to Paris and my bf has never been to any Disney park. I just have a couple of questions which I am hoping you will be able to help out with.

1. I have two nights booked at Santa Fe, but have arranged to go the day before so I can have 3 full days in the park. I was going to book a hotel nearby for the first night and then move to Santa Fe in the morning, but then I read about other people who had managed to book room only at Disney hotels through Expedia or similar sites. However, I can't find the hotels on those sites. Have I left it too late? Am I trying to book too early? Anyone got any ideas? It is 2 months away now so thought there should be some available.

2. I have half board included in the deal. I understand i can use them at a few buffets or at 'face value' in other restaurants. Does anyone know what the face value is? I am not a huge fan of buffets, but will go to them if they are the best option :)

Thanks all!

I don't think you left it too late. But for some dates rooms in DLP hotels aren't available to book via expedia or other booking sites. But you can keep looking and maybe you'd be lucky. Or you can call DLP and ask for room rate (not package deal).

Hi all,

I have just booked my first trip to Disneyland Paris for January (2015) and I am very excited!! I have been to WDW once 2 years ago, but I have never been to Paris and my bf has never been to any Disney park. I just have a couple of questions which I am hoping you will be able to help out with.

1. I have two nights booked at Santa Fe, but have arranged to go the day before so I can have 3 full days in the park. I was going to book a hotel nearby for the first night and then move to Santa Fe in the morning, but then I read about other people who had managed to book room only at Disney hotels through Expedia or similar sites. However, I can't find the hotels on those sites. Have I left it too late? Am I trying to book too early? Anyone got any ideas? It is 2 months away now so thought there should be some available.

I suspect the room only rates through Expedia etc won't come out at all this year now, they are usually available for winter dates by the beginning of October each year. I would stick with your original plan of offsite but nearby for your arrival day, as room only through Disney is stupidly expensive (ie well over 100 euros per room per night for the Santa Fe, in lowest of low season).

2. I have half board included in the deal. I understand i can use them at a few buffets or at 'face value' in other restaurants. Does anyone know what the face value is? I am not a huge fan of buffets, but will go to them if they are the best option :)

Thanks all!

face value for standard half board (the plan you get included free staying at the Santa Fe) is currently worth 26 euros per adult. As you have booked 2 nights at the Santa Fe, you will get 2 half board vouchers each (plus 2 teatime treat vouchers each).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter