Booking at 7 Months but have some booking questions.

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

I have some questions but want to give background:

*I own September UY SSR Points.
*I have had a September 2020 Poly UY transfer that I used for an October 2020 trip.
*I have 119 September 2021 SSR Points remaining that I am going to use for a September 2020 trip.
*I have 40 September 2020 Poly Points remaining since we changed our October trip.
*I can purchase 24 OTU points from DVC to add onto my 2020 trip (I called and confirmed I did not do this for my 2020 UY)

So, given above at 7 months:

*I have 159 points to use wherever for a September 2020 trip. Is this correct?
*If I added the OTU 24 points, that gives me 183 points.
*I am really only able to book online the 119 points at 8 am, correct?
*I can book the 119 points for the start of my trip and then wait for MS to open to use the 40 Poly Points+24 OTU points to add onto the back end of my ressie, is this correct?

If I wanted different accommodations, which would be more than 183 points for my September 2020 trip, can I do the following:

*Get a transfer in from someone that has 2019 UY for the resort I want and book now the latter part of my stay (for instance if I wanted to go September 12-19, I could book September 15-19 now and then at 7 months book my September 12-15)? This would require my banking the transferred points. Is this possible and what UYs would I have to have transferred in?

*If above was able to happen, I would be able to have the two ressies merged into one, is that correct?

I am not sure I want to stay in a one bedroom at RIV but if I did, what UY did they start selling? Is it 2020?
Just wondering about a transfer and not sure at 7 months if I can get a one bedroom but I would really like to stay there
before it just gets harder.

Could above be done? I am, though, very aware that at 7 months, I may have difficulty booking the first half of my stay depending on the resort and accommodations.

Thank you if you have stayed with me this far :)

Last edited:
You mention that the 119 are from your 2021 UY, but I am going to assume that is a typo,

Yes, given those points left from your transfer, you have 159 points to book in your 2020 UY..which would be valid for a Sept 2020 stay.

You ca also buy, at the 7 month window, up to 24 OTU points. Since the reservation is in your 2020 UY, that would be your allotment for 2020.

At 8 am, youd be able to book whatever you can with 119 points . At 9 am, you can call and add reservations using up to those 64 points...40 Poly and 24 OTU.

You also have the ability to borrow your 2021 points as well if you need more than the 183.

Or, you could get another transfer, The way I understand it, you can still get a 2019 transfer since what you did was get a 2020 UY transfer,

RiV did sell 2019 points for all UYs but February. if you want points to use in Sept 2020, then you can get 2019 points from all UYs. If they are Feb, Mar, April, June, Aug or Sept, they will need to be banked to be valid for your trip.

If you get Oct or Dec 2019 points, they do not need to be banked.

You mention that the 119 are from your 2021 UY, but I am going to assume that is a typo,

Yes, given those points left from your transfer, you have 159 points to book in your 2020 UY..which would be valid for a Sept 2020 stay.

You ca also buy, at the 7 month window, up to 24 OTU points. Since the reservation is in your 2020 UY, that would be your allotment for 2020.

At 8 am, youd be able to book whatever you can with 119 points . At 9 am, you can call and add reservations using up to those 64 points...40 Poly and 24 OTU.

You also have the ability to borrow your 2021 points as well if you need more than the 183.

Or, you could get another transfer, The way I understand it, you can still get a 2019 transfer since what you did was get a 2020 UY transfer,

RiV did sell 2019 points for all UYs but February. if you want points to use in Sept 2020, then you can get 2019 points from all UYs. If they are Feb, Mar, April, June, Aug or Sept, they will need to be banked to be valid for your trip.

If you get Oct or Dec 2019 points, they do not need to be banked.

You are always SO helpful. Thank you.

Sadly, my 2021 is not a typo and thankfully I always go in September so I am ALWAYS borrowing. I say I won't but it happens and this year, I have a big 30th anniversary trip where we also booked a GV.

Anyway, I have 119 in my September 2021 UY that I will be borrowing for my September 2020 trip.
Then, as you know, I have the 40 Poly and 24 OTU points I can use.

There is someone that said they can do a RIV transfer to me for an August 2019 UY.
If I got the August 2019 RIV transfer can I do the following:

Have the RIV August 2019 RIV transferred into my 2019 UY (I confirmed this morning I have not had a transfer into 2019)
Can I then, after the transfer, stay on the phone and bank into 2020?
While I am still on the phone, I can book the end of my September week and then wait until 7 months and book the
rest of the one bedroom with my points?
Would above work?
I'm just not sure how quickly the one bedrooms are going at RIV for 7 months.

Thank you again!

You are always SO helpful. Thank you.

Sadly, my 2021 is not a typo and thankfully I always go in September so I am ALWAYS borrowing. I say I won't but it happens and this year, I have a big 30th anniversary trip where we also booked a GV.

Anyway, I have 119 in my September 2021 UY that I will be borrowing for my September 2020 trip.
Then, as you know, I have the 40 Poly and 24 OTU points I can use.

There is someone that said they can do a RIV transfer to me for an August 2019 UY.
If I got the August 2019 RIV transfer can I do the following:

Have the RIV August 2019 RIV transferred into my 2019 UY (I confirmed this morning I have not had a transfer into 2019)
Can I then, after the transfer, stay on the phone and bank into 2020?
While I am still on the phone, I can book the end of my September week and then wait until 7 months and book the
rest of the one bedroom with my points?
Would above work?
I'm just not sure how quickly the one bedrooms are going at RIV for 7 months.

Thank you again!

Yes, that is exactly what you can do, August 2019, banked into August 2020 are good for your September 2020 trip!

The you can book the rest at 7 months!

Yes, that is exactly what you can do, August 2019, banked into August 2020 are good for your September 2020 trip!

The you can book the rest at 7 months!

Thank you. I need to be hand walked step by step LOL
I guess there isnt' a crystal ball knowing about the RIV one bedrooms at 7 months yet in September LOL

THANK YOU!

Thank you. I need to be hand walked step by step LOL
I guess there isnt' a crystal ball knowing about the RIV one bedrooms at 7 months yet in September LOL

THANK YOU!

Remember, you can keep an eye on things even though you can’t book. It will give you an ideal. I think the 1 bedrooms will be the last to go so as long as you are on right at your window, hopefully it will work out!

Remember, you can keep an eye on things even though you can’t book. It will give you an ideal. I think the 1 bedrooms will be the last to go so as long as you are on right at your window, hopefully it will work out!

Thank you.
I think my plan will be book the first day of my trip and the last. Does that make sense or should I do last two days or am I
overthinking it.

Thank you.
I think my plan will be book the first day of my trip and the last. Does that make sense or should I do last two days or am I
overthinking it.

I think you are overthinking it. I would a few consecutive nights If you do the beginning then you can call at 9 am the first day you have booked and extend using the other points

I think you are overthinking it. I would a few consecutive nights If you do the beginning then you can call at 9 am the first day you have booked and extend using the other points

Oh thank you. I thought if I booked, for instance, September 12-15, I would have to wait until February 16 to book September 16. I didnt think about just adding days to a pre existing ressie. Thank you so much again 🤦🏻‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter