Booking/Discounts Question

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
Is there any reason to book a package vs doing room only, other than if you want the dining plan or to try for free dining?

I’m thinking I’d rather have a room discount. But if I book a package now, I won’t be eligible for the room only discounts when they are released. Is that correct? Or will Disney simply re-book and convert for me? I’m worried availability might be an issue at that point though.

Room only has better cancellation policy, plus you get to wait to pay. If you don't need a package with tickets and dining, then just go RO. Either way, however, any discounts will be subject to availability . So, you could book a RO, and that does not mean you will definetly get the discount. It will only be given if there is availability for that room category. Sometimes, I've had to change from the particular view or whatever for the discount to be at the same resort, like to a preferred from a standard.

A discount on the room rate can be applied to a room that is part of a package, but all the usual requirements apply - your room category and resort have to be included in the offer and there has to be availability. You cannot stack discounts or specials so if a different offer comes out (e.g. Free Dining) you will have to do the math to see which is more beneficial.

Also, Disney won't automatically re-book and convert it for you. You will have to call to modify your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!