Booking Disney Hotel with Airmiles

prairiesarah

Mouseketeer
We have one night mid trip that we need to book a hotel (between two VRBO rentals). I have a cabin at Fort Wilderness booked currently as it’s someplace we’ve wanted to stay. However I’m now having sticker shock/regret when I take into consideration the exchange rate. I realized though that I have enough Airmiles for a night a there are several Disney hotels with availability in my point range and would be about $76 to $90 CDN for taxes. So would be significantly less OOP than the current booking. However just wondering if anyone has booked Disney hotels through Airmiles? Any issues or anything I should be aware of?

I booked two days with AM for our next trip. No issues yet. I called Disney about a week after I booked to see if they could see me in the reservation, (which they could) and they linked my AM ressie to my account, so it shows up there no problem.

I'm told it's very easy to cancel if you need to, and your airmles are back in your account very quickly if you have to.

Thanks @momof2gr8kids. I ended up booking a night at the Swan with AM and looks like everything should be no issue. They were forthcoming in the booking about the added fees at check in - resort fee and parking. The only thing that came up post booking is it says it can't guarantee bed preference not guaranteed (booked a king with pullout sofa) but either of the two options (double queen or king and sofa) are fine for our group of three so not really an issue either way. Guess I'll see in February when we go, but looks like no issues. Now to add it to MDE so I can book fastpasses for those dates!

Thought I would just give a brief update incase anyone searches for this issue in the future. I had two confirmation/reservation numbers from Airmiles - neither of which I could get to connect in MDE. I ended up calling WDW and after 20 minutes on hold (and over 30 minutes total) I was put through to tech support who had to call to someone at the Swan and get the correct number then connect it for me. It ended up that my reservation number that MDE used was neither of the number provided by Airmiles. All is fine now and was able to book my Fastpasses on the 31st for our two days staying on property so I'm happy about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!