Booking error on borrowed points

Ruttangel

BCV AKV BWV VGF DVC Owner
Is everyone getting errors when using borrowed points?
I’m booking for Sep 2021 and borrowing a few points (well under 50%) and getting 7 dwarfs all the time. Happened for days now, rang MS on Monday to add a day but getting the same again now when adding another day.
Really frustrating as the room is available but will have gone by the time I ring through as not open for 6 hours.
It’s also on a wait list but it’s not picking it up.
The thing is my original booking is 290 points (using 16 points from 2022) then new booking is 308 points, message on screen says you have limit of 80 Points to use choose how many to borrow, it only allows 18 (the extra) but it should be 18 out of remaining 64 or 34 of the 80.....
I hope you are still following me here.....?!

Anyone the same?

Member services can push through this error for you on their end. As PP said its been a known issue for a few weeks. We had this issue on a last minute late September reservation.

I just had to deal with this yesterday. What I noticed is the problem only applies to new borrowed points. You can modify an existing reservation just fine and use the points that were already borrowed. So if you expect that you will be booking a hard to get reservation at 11 and 7 months, call me now and book something else earlier that will borrow the same amount of points. At 11/7 months, modify that reservation online yourself to what you actually want.

I just had to deal with this yesterday. What I noticed is the problem only applies to new borrowed points. You can modify an existing reservation just fine and use the points that were already borrowed. So if you expect that you will be booking a hard to get reservation at 11 and 7 months, call me now and book something else earlier that will borrow the same amount of points. At 11/7 months, modify that reservation online yourself to what you actually want.

It seems to be account specific though because I had no problem today booking with newly borrowed points, from resale contracts with one unrestricted and one that is.

I was trying to see if I would have an issue and there was none...So, not sure why some members have trouble and other members, like me, are not.

Hopefully, they fix soon!

I haven't been able to borrow from either of my resale contracts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter