Booking fastpass for family which includes child in wheelchair

Either my husband or I went with my 9 year old son while the other waited outside the ride with the other two children. It meant that one of us didn't experience the ride. We only had one day at each park, so we had to prioritize what each of us really wanted to do, and we ensured that we went on all the wheelchair accessible rides first. This trip was for her after all. So we only had time to go on a handful of rides that were not wheelchair accessible. On this trip we will be staying longer and can visit a park more than once and therefore have more time for everyone to go on the rides they want and didn't get to experience on our first trip.

Thanks for the clarification :) Hope you have a wonderful trip!

This is copied directly from the Disney website regarding Rider Switch. It indicates it can be used for guests who are unable to ride, not just kids who don't meet the height requirement:

Rider Switch
This handy feature allows adult Guests to take turns waiting with youngsters or Guests unable to ride.

What Is Rider Switch and How Does It Work?

If Guests in your party can’t or don’t want to board an attraction, you don’t have to miss out!

If a child does not meet the height requirement or a Guest does not wish to board a particular attraction, no problem! With Rider Switch, one adult can wait with the non-rider (or riders) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests, and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again!

Rider Switch is available at select attractions at all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks.

To Use Rider Switch:

1. First check with a Cast member to see if Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question.

2. Once at the attraction, approach the greeting Cast Member with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guests who are not riding will be given a Ride Switch pass and asked to wait in a designated area (usually outside of the attraction). This group is “Party 2.”

3. The other party members (“Party 1”) ride the attraction.

4. After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2 and gives the Rider Switch pass to the adult member who will be riding. Party 1 takes over supervision of the non-riding children or Guests.

5. Party 2 enters and boards the attraction without having to wait in the regular queue a second time. The Rider Switch Pass must be presented to a Cast Member at this time.

If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one other Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note that only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.

Show Less

Attractions Offering Rider Switch
Get a complete list of attractions at Walt Disney World Resort where you can use Rider Switch.

Magic Kingdom Park
The Barnstormer
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Stitch’s Great Escape
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway

Epcot
Frozen Ever After
Mission: SPACE
Soarin'
Test Track

Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Rock ’n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Star Tours® - The Adventures Continue
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
DINOSAUR
Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain®
Kali River Rapids
Primeval Whirl

Show Less

Family Planning Tips
Pick up some tips for an upcoming trip, including fun attractions and experiences for Guests of every age!

Check out the following planning guides for the many members of your family—from toddlers to grandparents:

Show Less

True, the WDW website has shown that information for at least a couple of years. However, numerous people have found out in the parks that sometimes CMs at the attractions only offer it based on height. It's worth asking for the OP.

There were some reports earlier this year of guests allowed to do a form of Rider Swap with tall-enough kids, but it involves everyone going through the queue (including the non-rider). How wide-spread this option, I don't know.

OP - it's definitely worth asking for your family, but I'd have a back-up plan just in case.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter