Booking Flights through AirMiles

sablebomb

Mouseketeer
I am toying with the idea of booking mine and my daughter's plane ticket through AM.
I've never done a tickets before so I'm not familiar with how it works.

I've found the flight we would take and I see it tells me the # of miles plus the fees and taxes.

I also know some flights when booking on the website allow you to pay a fee to book your seat right away (before the check in). I usually do this because it's just the two of us and we want to be sure we are sitting together and like to be near the front of the plane.

Will airmiles give me the option to add the seat selection if I book through them??

It is an Air Canada flight YHZ to MCO direct.

Any other hidden fees I should be aware of before I decide if it's worth it or if I should just save my miles for passes for everything instead?

FYI, you will probably get more responses if this is moved to the Canadian board! We've booked lots of flights through AirMiles but I don't remember it being an option to select your seats at all (at least not since they started charging extra for seat selection). AirMiles will give you all the fees it will cost you to book the flights. The past few years we have found it's really not worth it to book the flights because the fees are pretty expensive. Price out the exact same flights on AC's website and compare them. You'll still be paying a couple hundred dollars for the flights with the fees usually and you will use a lot of AirMiles. We have been using our AirMiles for Disney World tickets instead and have found that to be a better value for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter