Booking for next September - Star Wars?

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

I usually do a trip with my mom in September and plan on doing so again in 2019.
I (we) aren't into Star Wars (actually my whole family isn't) and I haven't been following what's
going on but wonder if I should book at my home resort, SSR, at 11 months (NOW) to secure a room.
We usually go the week after Labor Day and if Star Wars is opened (don't even know what park) I am guessing there will be a lot of people booking their home resorts at 11 months and this will impact bookings for 7 months?

I plan on going September 7-14, 2019. Thank you.

Hi.

I usually do a trip with my mom in September and plan on doing so again in 2019.
I (we) aren't into Star Wars (actually my whole family isn't) and I haven't been following what's
going on but wonder if I should book at my home resort, SSR, at 11 months (NOW) to secure a room.
We usually go the week after Labor Day and if Star Wars is opened (don't even know what park) I am guessing there will be a lot of people booking their home resorts at 11 months and this will impact bookings for 7 months?

I plan on going September 7-14, 2019. Thank you.
Absolutely, book your home resort so that you have somewhere to stay. Food & Wine is going on. That alone (even without Star Wars) definitely affects quite a few of the resorts....even those not on the Boardwalk. I booked your dates this year for my DD and tried to change to her preference at 7 months couldn't.

It's getting much worse to switch at 7 months. Let alone Star Wars coming.
VERY glad I bought where I want to stay.

Absolutely, book your home resort so that you have somewhere to stay. Food & Wine is going on. That alone (even without Star Wars) definitely affects quite a few of the resorts....even those not on the Boardwalk. I booked your dates this year for my DD and tried to change to her preference at 7 months couldn't.

It's getting much worse to switch at 7 months. Let alone Star Wars coming.
VERY glad I bought where I want to stay.

Thank you. I am happy we bought where we like to stay too and LOVE having DTD in our "backyard" especially since it was purchased
when the kids were younger but now older, my dd has traveled with her bf, golfed, and hung out in the evenings at DTD.

When is Star Wars coming?

We went the week after Labor Day this year and was able to get 8 nights at 7 months at BWVs.

Thank you. I am happy we bought where we like to stay too and LOVE having DTD in our "backyard" especially since it was purchased
when the kids were younger but now older, my dd has traveled with her bf, golfed, and hung out in the evenings at DTD.

When is Star Wars coming?

We went the week after Labor Day this year and was able to get 8 nights at 7 months at BWVs.

You are very lucky to have gotten last year. Especially on the Boardwalk I very seldom do 7 month changes and just tried this week to go from BCV to BWV for May and even Pool/Garden rooms were gone. There were there at midnight and 1 minute past MS opening, gone. I just don't have good luck and probably will not try again.

They have not announced date for SW as usual. Just know 2019.

Good luck with getting what you want. DD/DSIL liked being there at that time and said it wasn't crowded. I pieced/waitlisted them into BRV. I was holding my breath the whole time.

SWL will open in June in California and in late Autumn in Florida. No sure date but we'll know better once they'll publish the new calendar for variable pricing on tickets, in a few days. I guess we'll see a lot of peak days from the day they SWL will open.
However there are very little chances for it to be open in September. More likely it won't open until Thanksgiving.

Last I heard for Star Wars was late fall. I would be shocked if it was open any time in September.

Book your room early As mentioned, Food and Wine is going on and that event all the way through Christmas are high demand times.
Doubtful Star Wars will be open yet, but nobody really knows what the opening date will be.

my guess is mid-November to mid -December for SW but no one knows for sure. I am hoping it will be announced after I get my reservation for next December!

my guess is mid-November to mid -December for SW but no one knows for sure. I am hoping it will be announced after I get my reservation for next December!
Current rumor is opening between 12/17 & 12/20. That allows Disney to keep it's "Fall, 2019" opening and is consistent with recent ticket price changes. Apparently, we can't buy tickets valid for dates after 12/16/2019 yet. Most are expecting a ticket price increase prior to the opening, so that is what the rumor is based upon.

But maybe they'll have some previews for those of us visiting in early December. That would be wonderful!

"Fall, 2019"

To be completely fair, the promo video did specifically say "LATE FALL 2019".

I'm a little surprised they don't add an up-charge for new lands for the first X months they're open. It'd be easy enough to do, and they don't seem to mind up-charging everything else... (that said, if someone 'official' reads this, I was just kidding!)

Current rumor is opening between 12/17 & 12/20. That allows Disney to keep it's "Fall, 2019" opening and is consistent with recent ticket price changes. Apparently, we can't buy tickets valid for dates after 12/16/2019 yet. Most are expecting a ticket price increase prior to the opening, so that is what the rumor is based upon.

But maybe they'll have some previews for those of us visiting in early December. That would be wonderful!
I have been debated on whether to go Dec. 13 or Dec. 20 next year. I am thinking more and more Dec. 20 if I can get my DVC reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter