Booking more than 7 months out on a different contract

PsycProfPlum

Ears Earned
Hi all,

Something weird just happened and I'm hoping someone can help me understand it.

I logged on today around 7:30am EDT to be ready to book a room when the RAT opened at 8:00am exactly 7 months in advance. I found 3 nights at BWV I wanted to book.

I have a BWV contract, but with no points until 2020 so I was going to use points from another contract (same use year). I started clicking through to book the room, just to know what to expect when 8am rolled around and to my surprise, I was allowed to continue and actually booked the room with non-BWV points. Today is 7 months to the day but the room was booked before 8am which I didn't think was possible.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but why was this possible?

I would double check points weren't borrowed.
Good thought. As of now it isn't showing them as borrowed. Looks like they came out of the other contracts' 2019 allocation. Thanks for the suggestion though!

It asks you how many points you want to borrow and you have to manually put in that number, so if you didn't do that step then it probably didn't borrow.

I would say that if it let you book prior to 8 am at the 7 month window, then yes, you got to do it before you were supposed to. Why? I am going to assume a glitch in the technology. But, for whatever reason, congrats!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter