Booking on the first day

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
It has been almost 10 years since I booked a WDW trip so starting to look for some help. I know that the 2019 bookings open tomorrow; is there any advantage to booking on the first day (for next October) or would it matter if I wait a few weeks?

It has been almost 10 years since I booked a WDW trip so starting to look for some help. I know that the 2019 bookings open tomorrow; is there any advantage to booking on the first day (for next October) or would it matter if I wait a few weeks?

In my opinion, there is no advantage unless you have absolutely specific dates and an absolutely specific resort, room type, and view category combination that is routinely difficult to book (there aren't that many resorts/rooms that would fit in this bucket), and you are going to pay rack rate no matter what. If none of those apply, then I'd just wait.

The only small (or maybe big) wrinkle with late 2019 is Star Wars Land, which I'm assuming is going to have a lot of people trying to target/plan around that opening. But I still don't really see much benefit in being "first" if you have flexibility in your accommodations.

Thanks. Looks like Star Wars probably won't be open yet for our dates so we will miss that craziness.

See I would have to disagree. We have noticed the earlier we book the cheaper the rates are. As the resorts fill up more they will start jacking rates up. Plus several resorts like Boardwalk will sell rooms for $350, once their gone next level is almost $500. The earlier you book the better your chances of better rates.

There's really no disadvantage to booking early (other than paying the deposit sooner). It guarantees your dates and room preference are locked in, and if a discount comes out later you can always modify the reservation.

I booked already but if a discount comes out later and I want to modify my reservation can I do it online or do I have to call? Thanks!

If I book for 10 nights and decide later to change to 6 or 7 nights, will I be able to keep my rate if there has been an increase by the time I make the change? I want to make sure I get the room I want but would like to keep my options open when airfare comes out.

If I book for April 2019 now, when should I expect spring discounts to be released to apply to my reservation (room only)? Thank you.

If I book for 10 nights and decide later to change to 6 or 7 nights, will I be able to keep my rate if there has been an increase by the time I make the change? I want to make sure I get the room I want but would like to keep my options open when airfare comes out.
If you make any changes to the reservation it will be subject to new pricing.

If there are changes in pricing, your rate will change. Your situation is one in which I would simply wait. There would be no benefit in making a reservation now if there is a high chance you will be making any changes to it.

WE booked two rooms at BC becuase we knew we wanted to be in Disney on those dates. Our trip dates were set in stone, so if I could not get a discount we were still going on those dates and we were staying at BC. Well, discounts came out and I could not justify the difference in price to stay at BC, which could nto accomodate the discount, so we changed.

Thanks everyone. I ended up waiting a couple of days until we made a decision on dates and by then the standard rooms at the resort I want were already sold out for some my dates in October 2019. So I picked the least expensive available room and reserved before that sold out. No harm if I decide or need to change it later and I will watch to see if something else becomes available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!