Booking one night to secure the room?

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi again all!

I promise this is my last booking question - I can’t believe how much I am over complicating things in my head!!

I’ve currently booked a two bed standard view room for AKV, as I haven’t been able to get a value 2bed. Depending on whether someone is walking the value room (I suspect they are so it will be irrelevant!),but assuming they aren’t, it could be possible that from Monday I could grab the value room if I’m on right at 8am.

My question is, because of my original booking, I only have enough spare points to book one night in the value bed - would that work in terms of securing the room? I was thinking I could then cancel my standard bed booking and use those freed up points to book the extra nights - does that work? (In my head I was thinking I’d need to book two nights to block any walkers, but as long as I book the one night and then add the other nights the same day, I should be ok shouldn’t I?)

Just wanted to check my facts with you guys first, as I don’t want to risk cancelling the standard view until I’ve secured the value room, as that room is also booked out fully for some of my dates too.

Again thank you for your help and I promise I will stop asking stupid questions now!!

You can modify the reservation to get the value (if available). the system will then change the reservation and use the points from the original reservation to book the new one without risk of losing the original reservation.

Yes, your plan to book the current date (Insert todays date) if successful would allow you to walk or grab as many days as needed after canceling your other reservation. Since you stated to had enough points for 1 day this will work out nicely without having to borrow points. Have you used the modify reservation button on your current 2 bdrm reservation? This will allow you not to tie up points and instead move them to something else if it is available.

Remember that 2 bdrm value rooms are extremely difficult to get (I know as a AKV owner). Maybe reverse walk and grab days as people drop them at 8am every day. I've done this successfully in the past for 2 bdrm value rooms.

Thank you both, that’s brilliant news! I didn’t realise I could do that (it’s a long time since I’ve made a DVC booking, and I don’t usually need such a popular time of year so haven’t really had to worry about this sort of thing before! Think all of this stress will put me off trying to get December reservations again! Lol!!

Thank you though, that’s made life much easier - knowing I can jump on a value room should it pop up without having to risk my standard room ‘back up
‘ is great news! 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!