Booking room for others using my AP????

KristiKelly

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>
We are DVC members and are going to purchase APs. My Mom and Aunts are thinking about coming down for part of our trip and staying on-site. Could I make the ressie using my AP for the discount? How many rooms can I book? Would it have to be on my credit card, etc.? I know I have seen this mentioned somewhere before but cannot find it. Thanks.

I believe that all of the rooms that the AP holder reserves have to be at the same resort for the same dates. You can reserve up to 3 rooms. The AP holder needs to be present at checkin.

Thanks. So, even if I'm staying at BWV, I could still book their room at AKL as long as I'm there at check-in?

KristiKelly said:
Thanks. So, even if I'm staying at BWV, I could still book their room at AKL as long as I'm there at check-in?
One of the rooms that you book at the AKL will need to have the AP passholders name on it.

From my understanding, the AP passholder can book:

- 1 room for themselves at a resort - the AP name is on the reservation
- up to 2 rooms for others AT THE SAME RESORT

AP holder needs to be present at checkin.

The AP passholder has to be staying in one of the rooms. I was told this last year when I booked 2 rooms. They wouldn't give me the rate unless I guaranteed her I was staying in one of the rooms.

I suppose you don't actually have to be staying there (no one will do a bed check!) but you have to be listed on the reservation. That will eat into some of your savings, because you will have three adults, not two. You probably also will have some trouble with having two overlapping reservations for the same person at different places---that's technically a no-no, and others have claimed that WDW won't let them book the second reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter