booking sites

tink89

DIS Veteran
Which booking site do you use to book DL only hotel. Which offers the best discount?
Have you ever had issues showing up to the hotel and them not having your reservation?
When booking no cancellation fee room do they charge your credit card right away?

I usually book direct everywhere. But I do have a few trips coming up next year and I like to have many options.

Have YOU been looking at booking sites? What sort of discounts are you seeing? There's never any one answer to a question like "Which offers the best discount?" because it changes all the time.

Have YOU been looking at booking sites? What sort of discounts are you seeing? There's never any one answer to a question like "Which offers the best discount?" because it changes all the time.
I have and all i see is like 10% off which to me is then better to book directly. I just thought u had read here or elsewhere that some sites like orbitz or hotels.com offer good discounts at times. My only concern is having issues with them not having my reservation when i show up. I have been at hotels checking in and overheard people saying they had booked on a travel site but the hotel did not have record.

I just put my search into google and scroll down on the results and it had rates from all the discount sites in one list.

I just booked at the DLH and after checking ticketsatwork, orbitz, hotels.com etc, on a whim I decided to check the Disneyland website and they actually had the best price by around $50 a night. That isn’t usually the case but it would be worth including them in your price comparison.

I've booked onsite hotels through orbitz or cheaptickets multiple times without issues. I think folks who have issues book through some of the shadier sites promising too good to be true deals. The discount codes, which are usually 10-15% at Orbitz and up to 18% at cheaptickets do apply to on property hotels (note that you have to add the code at checkout so the initial prices you see do not reflect the promo code). Both sites (they're really the same company) limit the discount at up to $150 which is quite easy to reach on an on property hotel if you're staying more than one night so I usually max out the discount.

I have and all i see is like 10% off which to me is then better to book directly. I just thought u had read here or elsewhere that some sites like orbitz or hotels.com offer good discounts at times. My only concern is having issues with them not having my reservation when i show up. I have been at hotels checking in and overheard people saying they had booked on a travel site but the hotel did not have record.
Call the hotel a week after you book to confirm they have the reservation. I usually do this by asking for the hotel’s confirmation number on the booking since it often varies from what a 3rd party will give me. It’s good practice to always do this when booking 3rd party.

Unfortunately there is no great site for deals on DL hotels. Orbitz/cheap tickets used to run coupons up to 20% but they never work on hotel chain type hotels & they started putting caps on the savings. Always check with the hotel direct, you might qualify for AAA rates, Senior rates- who knows? Sometimes with that savings there is no reason to book 3rd party.

ETA: orbitz/cheaptickets coupons work on Disney hotels- but watch the fine print for the caps on the savings

Last edited:
Yes, Orbitz and Cheaptickets do cap the code discount total at $150. But $150 off is still nice! :)

With Orbitz/Cheap Tickets, you can split your reservation in 2 and double up the $150 cap. Then call your hotel and ask to have reservations linked. No guarantee on staying in the same room but they will try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter