Booking Spring Break … Total Confusion and stress!!!

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
We just got back from Christmas week and it was awesome! Triple split stay 1 night POFQ, 7 nights YC CL, 2 nights Riviera. We also had Spring Break booked for at least 6 months at Vero Beach then WDW. Our original reservation was Vero Beach 4/3-4/6 then drive to WDW from 4/6-4/11. I had beach Cub CL booked at PH discount. Well, I cannot leave well enough alone so I decided to just add 1 more day at the end and check out of BC on the 12th. I changed our checkout day but nothing at BC available but YC CL was so I changed it. I didn't pay attention that when I changed checkout day it moved check in day to the 7th. After I was done I noticed and tried to change YC to the 6th and no availability! I called and no one could help. So I decided to look for another resort. I chose SSR 1br but my wife didn't really want to stay there. So on New Years Eve I started looking again and the site went down. Next night I was looking again and it got late. Around 3 am everything was different! Still no YC/BC so I booked Riviera though I really wanted CL so I could purchase the extra FF+. So tonight I started looking again. I knew at some point YC/BC would come up, at least I was hoping it would. BC nothing. YC said nothing but when I went to the rooms there it was! CL water view $300 pr night off with AP discount! So I changed our reservation. Things were looking great until I looked at our email and the AP discount was only on 3 nights. There is now way I was gonna pay $1,100 a night for the other 3! I called and finally talked to reservations, explained everything and there was no way they could give me the discount. They even said that I shouldn't have been able to book those days with AP since only part was available and it was not showing on their end. I was on the verge of just changing back to Riviera and forgetting the CL FP+ and they offered me a 1 bedroom Villa at BoardWalk with my AP discount for length of stay with a bonus. They said they cannot let me book CL FP+ but would give me 3 non inventory FP+ each for each day if I took the BoardWalk room. It ended up being $500 less that Riviera studio and $2300 less that YC and I don't have to purchase the extra FP+ now. I know I will be restricted with tiers and SSD/ Pandora but I think I came out ahead. Now just to leave things alone! So anyone stay at BWV 1 Bedroom before? Will I be happy or disappointed? Looking forward to something different.

We loved the BW 1 BR. BCV is now our home resort but we stayed BW before our purchase. Loca is wonderful. Pool and pool bar are great. Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts