Booking studios @ 7 months. Doable? Or total fail?

Ashleymbahr

Earning My Ears
saw an old thread that was similar
But thought I’d rehatch the question

Thinking of purchasing a resale contract. Most likely SSR or OKW ....no problem staying there, but if we did want to stay somewhere else how hard is it REALLY to book a studio 7 months out?

Basically if you wish to stay in a studio from late September to mid January then you need to own where you want to stay.

This. It feels like - for now - it's F+W, Holidays, and then until Marathon weekend. After that it frees up. Our trip in 2 weeks still has a fair amount of availability. We debated renting over going moderate, so I've been monitoring it.

Longer stays are more difficult to put together than shorter ones as well. It can be done, but getting an entire week at 7 months is rough and will involve a lot of stalking and wait listing (in most cases).

What you don't want to do is promise yourself or family/friends that at seven months you'll switch to a specific resort - that way lies disappointment. Book your home resort - hopefully you've picked one you don't mind staying at, and at seven months, see what else is available and if you want to switch. You'll have better success being willing to do split stays, being willing to waitlist and stalk (which sort of goes hand in hand with split stays - as you can end up at your home resort for one night in the middle that never came through).

We almost always book our home resort and stay there - but when we have switched its been with a list of what we'd rather switch to in order of priority - usually with our home being "if we can't get our first or second choice, our third choice is to stay at our home resort."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter