Booking Tokyo Disney Hotels

I having been stalking the Tokyo Disney site since September just to get an idea of costs and how to book. I arrive on 10/8 and want to stay until 10/12 . September looked great, rooms were available for most of the resorts for days at a time. October is not looking so good. Right now booking can start for arrivals on 10/7 and only the Mira Costa was available and only a suite was available for 2 Million Yen. I did book the Hilton Tokyo Bay as my back up hotel and it looks like I may be staying there.
we are staying 10/10-10/13 and i am super afraid I won’t get a Disney hotel. I am trying for Toy Story but, have been doing mock bookings to see how hard it will be and have NOT been successful. I really want to stay at a Disney hotel and cannot afford the Disneyland or Mira Costa…i need to be able to shop 😂 So, we may end up at the Sheraton which I already have booked for around $95000 Yen

Tokyo parks are on my someday list. I'm over here rooting for you guys to get those hotel bookings!!

we are staying 10/10-10/13 and i am super afraid I won’t get a Disney hotel. I am trying for Toy Story but, have been doing mock bookings to see how hard it will be and have NOT been successful. I really want to stay at a Disney hotel and cannot afford the Disneyland or Mira Costa…i need to be able to shop 😂 So, we may end up at the Sheraton which I already have booked for around $95000 Yen
Well what a pain in the butt. I was on the website, logged on a ready to book at 11:00 am Tokyo time. I wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. All rooms showed as available, but when I clicked on the select button, it would spin for a second or two and tell me my selection showed zero results. I tried several different rooms and got the same message. All that was left was The Disney Celebration Hotel, so I went to one of the superior rooms and was able to book. Whew, what an annoying experience. The cost for my 4 night stay is 158,000 yen. This is cheaper than the Tokyo Bay Hilton. I am happy I finally got an Disney hotel, but I am disappointed that I could not get the Disneyland Hotel.

Staying on a Sunday really makes the cost higher. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are 31,500 yen each night, Sunday is 61,500.

Well what a pain in the butt. I was on the website, logged on a ready to book at 11:00 am Tokyo time. I wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. All rooms showed as available, but when I clicked on the select button, it would spin for a second or two and tell me my selection showed zero results. I tried several different rooms and got the same message. All that was left was The Disney Celebration Hotel, so I went to one of the superior rooms and was able to book. Whew, what an annoying experience. The cost for my 4 night stay is 158,000 yen. This is cheaper than the Tokyo Bay Hilton. I am happy I finally got a Disney hotel, but I am disappointed that I could not get the Disneyland Hotel.
My son and I both tried again tonight (separate devices) and was going to move our itinerary around if we got the booking. Again, the same thing happened...zero results. I can’t believe it’s this hard to book a hotel room. We will probably end up at the celebration hotel too but, that’s truly not where I wanted to be. It’s too far from Disney property.
I am a huge Disney fan but, which do you think is better Disney Celebration or Sheraton Tokyo Bay?

Staying on a Sunday really makes the cost higher. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are 31,500 yen each night, Sunday is 61,500.
That’s why I chose 10/10-10/13 I figured the cost would be a bit cheaper. We are in Japan for 2 weeks so, I could have moved things around. However, I’m not having any luck on any day!

My son and I both tried again tonight (separate devices) and was going to move our itinerary around if we got the booking. Again, the same thing happened...zero results. I can’t believe it’s this hard to book a hotel room. We will probably end up at the celebration hotel too but, that’s truly not where I wanted to be. It’s too far from Disney property.
I am a huge Disney fan but, which do you think is better Disney Celebration or Sheraton Tokyo Bay?
I am not sure which is better. I have not canceled my Hilton reservation yet. I want to do some more research. If I stay at the Hilton, you take the shuttle to the monorail and then go to the parks. The Celebration hotel has a bus that goes directly to the parks and takes about 20 minutes.
That’s why I chose 10/10-10/13 I figured the cost would be a bit cheaper. We are in Japan for 2 weeks so, I could have moved things around. However, I’m not having any luck on any day!

I am sort of stuck with my dates. I have a cruise that begins on 10/12 and I wanted to visit Tokyo Disney prior to the cruise. So I booked the Sunday thru Wednesday.

Keep checking. I went back to the website well after midnight here in PA. Some additional rooms popped up, and I was able to book a room at the Ambassador Hotel. I canceled the room at the Celebration Hotel. I am happy with the Ambassador but I may check periodically to see if the Disneyland Hotel comes up.

Keep checking. I went back to the website well after midnight here in PA. Some additional rooms popped up, and I was able to book a room at the Ambassador Hotel. I canceled the room at the Celebration Hotel. I am happy with the Ambassador but I may check periodically to see if the Disneyland Hotel comes up.
Congratulations! I will keep checking too…

I am not sure which is better. I have not canceled my Hilton reservation yet. I want to do some more research. If I stay at the Hilton, you take the shuttle to the monorail and then go to the parks. The Celebration hotel has a bus that goes directly to the parks and takes about 20 minutes.
I just stayed at the Hilton and thought it was great. It is right across the street from the monorail- you definitely don't need to take a shuttle. (One exists, though I'm not sure why. Maybe if you have mobility issues?) The monorail is slick- it comes every 3-6 minutes and isn't crowded. I haven't seen the Celebration hotel, but a 20 minute bus ride sounds awful in comparison!

Would you mind going into detail for a newbie like me how you booked with your examples. You live in PA and I live in NY so the timing would be similar. Thats what I am having difficulty wrapping my head around. What day to call, What time to call , How (online or phone call) what website or phone number? JEEZ and I finally got the 60 day thing some what down . :scared:

Would you mind going into detail for a newbie like me how you booked with your examples. You live in PA and I live in NY so the timing would be similar. Thats what I am having difficulty wrapping my head around. What day to call, What time to call , How (online or phone call) what website or phone number? JEEZ and I finally got the 60 day thing some what down . :scared:
I booked online tokyodisneyresort, select english for your language , then you go to reservations and tickets, then select Hotels (unless you want to book a package, then select package..I did not use that because you can only book a package for 2 nights) from the calendar put in the first night you want to stay, then select the number of nights you want, the number of romms and then how many adults and/or children. Then click on search. My page defaults to Available Only for the room availability and I have all of the hotels checked. This then brings up the hotels that are available and shows you the type of rooms. You would then go to the hotel, click on the open tab and it will show you the rooms available select resrve for the room type, it shows you the cost for your entire stay. If you are not logged on with your Disney sign on it will take you to a page to log on, you then get to a page where you have to input the name of the guests, you have to agree to something and then it takes you to the page to input your credit card, you have to agree to something again, and then finally the payment goes through and the room is reserved. I got frustrated with how many pages you have to go through but I kept on going and booked. Japan is 13 hours ahead of us, so we can book at 10:00 pm our time. Tonight 7/8 booking for 10/9 will open up. You can book 90 days out.

I booked online tokyodisneyresort, select english for your language , then you go to reservations and tickets, then select Hotels (unless you want to book a package, then select package..I did not use that because you can only book a package for 2 nights) from the calendar put in the first night you want to stay, then select the number of nights you want, the number of romms and then how many adults and/or children. Then click on search. My page defaults to Available Only for the room availability and I have all of the hotels checked. This then brings up the hotels that are available and shows you the type of rooms. You would then go to the hotel, click on the open tab and it will show you the rooms available select resrve for the room type, it shows you the cost for your entire stay. If you are not logged on with your Disney sign on it will take you to a page to log on, you then get to a page where you have to input the name of the guests, you have to agree to something and then it takes you to the page to input your credit card, you have to agree to something again, and then finally the payment goes through and the room is reserved. I got frustrated with how many pages you have to go through but I kept on going and booked. Japan is 13 hours ahead of us, so we can book at 10:00 pm our time. Tonight 7/8 booking for 10/9 will open up. You can book 90 days out.
Thank you so much for the tutorial . I appreciated it :flower3:

Thanks for the tip…I was able to get Toy Story Hotel like I wanted. Initially booked Celebratio as that’s all I could get but, went in about 15 minutes ago and 1 room was left for Toy Story. I’m excited…:tigger::tigger:

Thanks for the tip…I was able to get Toy Story Hotel like I wanted. Initially booked Celebratio as that’s all I could get but, went in about 15 minutes ago and 1 room was left for Toy Story. I’m excited…:tigger::tigger:
HURRAY!!!! So glad for you, Please post a TR when you return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter