Booking via web allows resale owners to book Riviera?

dropd

Mouseketeer
I briefly scanned to see if this had been reported by anyone else and didn't see it, but apologies if this has already been discussed.

I was on the DVC booking site today making some adjustments to a Presidents' Day weekend booking, and noticed that the search was consistently offering me availability at Riviera. I didn't chance trying to follow through and book it, because I assume it's a glitch, but Riviera never used to even appear for me in any availability search results before, since I own 2 resale contracts but nothing direct.

Does this show up for everyone now? Did Disney temporarily or permanently revert the no-no-Riviera policy for resale owners, for example due to Covid? Is it just a temporary glitch? I admit to being curious.

You cannot actually book it. You can see the availability but cannot complete a booking.

This has happened for me too. I would see availability but couldn’t book it. Then riviera disappeared for awhile. Now it’s back. Still can’t book.
I wonder if Disney is trying to tempt me with something I can’t have? :)

I briefly scanned to see if this had been reported by anyone else and didn't see it, but apologies if this has already been discussed.

I was on the DVC booking site today making some adjustments to a Presidents' Day weekend booking, and noticed that the search was consistently offering me availability at Riviera. I didn't chance trying to follow through and book it, because I assume it's a glitch, but Riviera never used to even appear for me in any availability search results before, since I own 2 resale contracts but nothing direct.

Does this show up for everyone now? Did Disney temporarily or permanently revert the no-no-Riviera policy for resale owners, for example due to Covid? Is it just a temporary glitch? I admit to being curious.
Yes this happens to me. I own resale. Sometimes RIV shows up and sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve tried to book it and I can’t.

RIV always shows up for me but you can't rent it.

Only time it won't show up is when I choose to not see partial availability and RIV doesn't have full availability.

Probably the same software/reasoning that allows us to see availability between 7 & 11 months for resorts we don't own. We can "look, but not touch" those, too.

When I'm doing a "routine" check of availability, if I'm looking for a specific resort or two, I just check those in the list. But I typically start by checking the "all resorts" block at the top and then I scroll down and uncheck the four separate "offsite" resorts and Riviera before starting the search. That way, I'm not having to sift through irrelevant search results.

This method also reduces FOMO. YMMV.

Weird. There was definitely a long period of time where Riviera would just never show up at all in any searches for me. It's strange that they keep changing the behavior. I'd prefer if it just didn't show up at all TBH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter