Booking WEddings

Lurieh

Earning My Ears
I've got a quick question for all who have booked a Disney wedding. My fiancee and I will be calling to book our wedding in the next few weeks. Here's the question:

We would like to book Monday, Dec. 22, 2003 as our wedding date. However, for this year, Dec. 22 falls on a Sunday. Will the wedding reservation folks be available on Sunday, or will we have to wait until Monday to reserve our date?

Thanks for the help!

Dave

Hi Dave,
I just booked my intimate wedding date a couple of days ago. It was a long wait until we could book so I know exactly how you feel. If I were you I would call and book the Friday or Saturday before and then WDW will have a wedding consultant call you on Monday morning. My wedding date is 12/3/03 but I was so excited that I called the day before on the 2nd to give them a heads up and then on the 3rd Jaime from WDW called and I gave her specifics on a time and place. The fact that you are getting married on a Monday is a bonus for you because it is not a very popular day to get married on but on the other hand this week at WDW is a popular week since it is the week of x-mas. Good Luck Dave!

Thanks for the input! I was under the impression that you couldn't call to set your date until exactly 1 year prior. If I call on that Friday or Saturday, will they call me back on the 22nd? What I'm getting at is this: Will they call us back 1 year prior, or do we call them 1 year prior?

Thanks again,

Dave

Have you been talking with anyone up until this point? If you have, contact them and let them know the situation and tell them that your "1 year" falls on a Sunday and can you book the Saturday before. They may do it for you. But if not, I would call first thing Monday morning and just keep in mind that no one else can get through on Sunday either so no one else trying to get that date has any advantage over you. You will have no problem getting your date. What helped me to realize that I would have no problems getting my date was I asked one of the wedding consultants a few of months ago if my wedding date in 2002 was still available and there were some times available at different places. Plus I read that over 50,000 couples call to get info and consider a disney wedding but only 2,200 couples actually tie the knot there each year and if you spread that out over 365 days and all the places and times it leaves alot of options open for your special day!

We also figured that if we couldn't call on Sunday, no one could. Of course, when it comes to a Disney Wedding, it's always better to call earlier rather than later! Why wait until Monday, when you can do it on Friday?

BTW, our contact is also a 'Jaime'. Wonder if it could be the same woman.

Thanks for the help!

Dave

I know it was frustrating for us also but I guess if they did not stick to all of the rules it would make people very unhappy,,, more so than just impatient,,it will be here before you know it. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter