Booking with UR

CastAStone

Math and business nerd. Not an insider.
Hi, I have 100k in UR points and a (about to be canceled) CSR, as well as a Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Ink Cash, and CSP.

I am trying to figure ANY reasonable way to turn these points into a stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I am not seeing anything that is remotely worthwhile. Am I missing something?

TIA,
CastAStone

Chase does not do Disney but you could cash those out and have $1000 towards Disney. You could also check out the i love credit cards thread for more ideas

Are you cancelling your UR based upon the increase in the annual fee to $550? If so keep in mind as long as you are a customer prior to Jan 12, 2020 you are grandfathered in at the annual fee of $450.

Last edited:
Are you cancelling your UR based upon the increase in the annual fee to $550? If so keep in mind as long as you are a customer prior to Jan 12, 2020 you are grandfathered in at the annual fee of $450. I believe you can use your UR points to purchase Disney tickets too.
I am not, I'm cancelling because I am going to apply myself later this year (my wife has it now) and I don't want to pay 2 annual fees on it.

Are you cancelling your UR based upon the increase in the annual fee to $550? If so keep in mind as long as you are a customer prior to Jan 12, 2020 you are grandfathered in at the annual fee of $450.
Just to make sure there is no confusion they aren't truly "grandfathered". All CSR cards will incur the annual fee of $550 upon renewal after April 1, 2020 no matter when you got yours. If your lucky to have your next annual fee hit in the next couple months you'll get the $450 for one more year.

OP, to concur with above there is no way to redeem the points for any Disney Hotels or Disney Tickets as Chase does not allow redemptions for Disney travel options, you'd have to cash out the money.

Do you have any other travel you could use it at 1.5 rate for? Flights? Rental car? Staying offsite for a night before going onsite? Are you by chance going to Universal or doing anything else in the area like Knotts? I believe both of those sell tickets on the UR portal.

Do you have any other travel you could use it at 1.5 rate for? Flights? Rental car? Staying offsite for a night before going onsite? Are you by chance going to Universal or doing anything else in the area like Knotts? I believe both of those sell tickets on the UR portal.
I’m sure I’ll find a use for them, but I was really hoping someone had some weird “oh transfer them to this airline and yadda yadda” loophole because I am NOT paying Disney rates out of pocket. Oh well.

Backup plan is cash at the Best Western across from the park entrance, Sounds like that’s probably the plan plan.

Maybe something will change before May.

I’m sure I’ll find a use for them, but I was really hoping someone had some weird “oh transfer them to this airline and yadda yadda” loophole because I am NOT paying Disney rates out of pocket. Oh well.

Backup plan is cash at the Best Western across from the park entrance, Sounds like that’s probably the plan plan.

You could transfer them to Hyatt and stay at the new Hyatt House. 15k per night.

When we stayed at GC we used a 15% off promo code with Orbitz. Anything is better than full price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter